Skates

SET

If they do lose him, Distin, Campbell, to add to Crouch, Johnson, and Davis already gone - will they be able to even get a squad together as good as Derby's last time?

I wouldnt be surprised if David james was off as well, HR needs another keeper.Of course they was not going to be a firesale down there. Lol

I wouldnt be surprised if David james was off as well, HR needs another keeper.Of course they was not going to be a firesale down there. Lol

Very likely he'll be off I would imagine if he wants to keep his World Cup place, won't want to be playing in a relegation side and conceding goals left right and centre. Oh let the fun begin.

Very likely he'll be off I would imagine if he wants to keep his World Cup place, won't want to be playing in a relegation side and conceding goals left right and centre. Oh let the fun begin.

Last two games Pompey goals conceded 1

Last two games saints goals conceded 7

Sorry, your point was what exactly?

I was sure the last two saints first team fixtures were a 4-1 defeat to champions league Ajax.

And the only game with new manager beating the team that finished 3rd in SPL, Hearts 3-0.

There were other saints youth/eleven games.

Eastleigh...

Ajax...

Yup, you got us on that one, gold star. Must have missed Eastleigh's Champions League run....

Wonder how many season tickets they have sold at Frottage Park for the coming campaign? The 13000 record breaking total for last season should be no trouble at all for such established Premiership 'giants' what with Dr Sheik Feelgood in the Wings and players of Finnan's quality signing up for the push for Europe...

Wonder how many season tickets they have sold at Frottage Park for the coming campaign? The 13000 record breaking total for last season should be no trouble at all for such established Premiership 'giants' what with Dr Sheik Feelgood in the Wings and players of Finnan's quality signing up for the push for Europe...
Corp Doh has said that he reckons that his mate at FP has told him they have sold 12k already and expect to go to 16k Lol.So he is saying they will increase their s/t sales after losing their star players and a season on after the uplift by winning the FA cup. It must be the air down there

Corp Doh has said that he reckons that his mate at FP has told him they have sold 12k already and expect to go to 16k Lol.So he is saying they will increase their s/t sales after losing their star players and a season on after the uplift by winning the FA cup. It must be the air down there

But they do have Eugene Bopp now... I'm sure that'll put an extra couple of thousand on their gates LOL

But they do have Eugene Bopp now... I'm sure that'll put an extra couple of thousand on their gates LOL

For the record, the scenery is still pretty good from up here in the Prem. I know its not what you want to hear but things are only really bad compared to having 5 England Internationals, winning the FA Cup and travelling around Europe:rolleyes:

Perspective a little skewed down in League One I think. We will most likely finish just above the relegation zone this season - how you would all love that. :D

For the record, the scenery is still pretty good from up here in the Prem. I know its not what you want to hear but things are only really bad compared to having 5 England Internationals, winning the FA Cup and travelling around Europe:rolleyes:

Perspective a little skewed down in League One I think. We will most likely finish just above the relegation zone this season - how you would all love that. :D

Who are they then?

here's an idea, why don't you play on your own forum? or are there not enough with reading abilities on there?

Can you get the admin to put this number as a sticky because you guys are going to need it. ;)

If you would like to talk to someone on the phone, call:

08457 90 90 90 in the UK and Northern Ireland

Who are they then?

Think they have only got James now, maybe he does't realise that Crouch,Defoe and Johnson have left but that still only adds up to four!!!

As for the cup final, entering europe and things thats what we managed just before we got relegated only their plight is happening alot quicker than ours did but most of there fans are too blinkered to see it happening

Dear PompeyInBreeding

Why do you think you'll finish above the relegation zone ?

Portsmouth are a big club.

Following their relegation from the top flight Portsmouth were in 2nd tier from 1989-2003.

Their attendances during this time, averaged (remember this includes just after relegation and also the season they won the division)....11,700.

Saints time in 2nd tier, finished with relegation, we averaged an attendance of 21,568.

Shame we didn't quite double their crowds!

When Portsmouth were in 3rd tier, in 1982 they averaged 8,500.

We have so far sold 10,000 season tickets for the 3rd tier - so once again, a like for like comparison -we have double the fans.

Edited by NickG

Very glad I have moved to Wokingham having seen your username.

skates fail to sign their big Kalinic as they wanted to pay in installments.

their hopes for Ross McCormack likely to be disappointed as can't afford fee

Zaki signing not imminent

but they are getting Neimi

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1203074/Pompey-boss-Harts-turns-attention-Zaki-Niemi-failing-land-Kalinic.html?ITO=1490

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/29/portsmouth-pursue-ross-mccormack-cardiff-city

they maybe after Pulis soon?!

So who exactly are you 5 england internationals then ?? Johnson has left, crouch has left, sol cambell seems to be heading out. ??

The trouble with the Skates at the moment, is that they are suffering Peter and the Wolf syndrome.

Compiling a list of the players that they say they have got to the stage of just needing a signature on the contract and then seeing that somehow, unfortunately the deal has not gone through, indicates one of two things. Either they are extremely unlucky in picking those targets which end up being fraught with problems, or else they have been faking these targets, never seriously wishing to proceed with them at all.

It has got to the stage now that most people, including some of their own fans, have concluded that the latter reason might have some substance behind it. The club is skint, the new owner is nowhere near as wealthy as originally thought, especially if those originally rumoured to be backing him have mysteriously withdrawn, presumably because there are doubts as to whether they would pass the right and proper persons criteria set by the FA. The old owner is still hanging around like a stale fart, attempting to get as much money back from the club as he can before it all goes belly-up.

The top managers who were trumpeted, such as Sven and Mancini never materialised. Instead they got Hart whose previous profile made few ripples on most football fans' consciousness. Top imported strikers, Maradonna, all sufficient hot air to fuel another attempt at an around the World balloon flight.

The veneer is wearing very thin. Any club who now recieves an enquiry for one of their best players, will soon be telling the Skates to go and annoy somebody else, as they will not be taken seriously.

Zaki signing falls through :lol:

I like this bit

I wonder what he said.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Kalinic-deal-collapses.5507589.jp

Am I a bad person for enjoying reading this website every day? I find myself being drawn to a Poopey fans forum in an entirely unhealthy way, but then again it is the most fun read you'll ever get, watching those funny unevolved creatures slowly grasping the reality of their situation. Maybe I'm just missing the rollercoaster ride at SMS - let's face it, the Skates thread is the only interesting thing going on in this forum at the moment. Maybe the start of the season will cure me, maybe I will be smote down by God for my hubris. Maybe I'll just take another peek.....

So who exactly are you 5 england internationals then ?? Johnson has left, crouch has left, sol cambell seems to be heading out. ??

I had heard that the good people of Pompey could only count to 5 but even a cursory glance would show they had at least 6 England internationals on the books last season (Campbell, Crouch, Defoe, James, Johnson, Nugent). I would not be surprised if Nugent was the only one left for the new season.

Portsmouth are a big club.

Following their relegation from the top flight Portsmouth were in 2nd tier from 1989-2003.

Their attendances during this time, averaged (remember this includes just after relegation and also the season they won the division)....11,700.

Saints time in 2nd tier, finished with relegation, we averaged an attendance of 21,568.

Shame we didn't quite double their crowds!

When Portsmouth were in 3rd tier, in 1982 they averaged 8,500.

We have so far sold 10,000 season tickets for the 3rd tier - so once again, a like for like comparison -we have double the fans.

Yet you couldnt always fill the Dell.

Building an identikit new stadium brings in new fans.

We havent done that yet.

We filled Dell as you well know.

btw season tickets now 10,250 compared with your 8,500 total gate, lol blue few!

do you think we will double your attendance for the 3rd tier, as we did for 1st and 2nd?

Edited by NickG

Yet you couldnt always fill the Dell.

Building an identikit new stadium brings in new fans.

We havent done that yet.

I love the way you try and knock a identikit stadium, you'd kill for 1. Lol. If the new man doesn't get you a stadium pretty soon I doubt you'll ever get one. No need to get 1 if you start to get lower attendances (which I suspect5 will happen this season) or if you do indeed get relegated.