Skates

SET

I agree, whenever I feel myself leaning towards sympathy, I think back to the Ted Bates minute's "silence".

Shame on me but I had forgotten about that.

Glad I put my money on them to go down earlier today. Bet the odds won't be nearly as good tomorrow!

:p:smt036:smt036:smt036:smt036:D

:supz:

I agree, whenever I feel myself leaning towards sympathy, I think back to the Ted Bates minute's "silence".

As do I.. Then I remember the time I went to the QA in C*sham and on my way past the shops, an old boy ran over to me (in my blue flamed Saints away shirt), called me a ****in scummer and tried to gob on me.. Being 14 years old, I ran all the way uphill to the hospital. I hope the dirty old **** is no longer with us!

still on;

quote from their bogus Dr

I have always said that we would complete the due diligence process in the course of July and that I would submit to the Premier League my application under the Premier League’s ‘Fit and Proper Person Test’ immediately after the completion of the due diligence. I have duly met both deadlines.”

“The current owner and I have agreed and signed the Terms Sheet document, with which the terms of the transaction have been finalised.

"Now we are in the final stages of the transaction and I will exercise every effort to complete it as soon as possible in the interest of both the club and its supporters, who are showing an extraordinary level of loyalty to this great club.”

I'm gutted. His clown show was going to run them into the ground. Now there is a (remote) possibility of someone sensible taking them on. It would be the equivelant of our fishy friends cheering Whacko Jack on a few weeks back, only for the sensible Mr Liebherr to come to the rescue.

(FWIW I have been following that website for a while and while the writer obviously has a grudge he is definitely ITK)

still on;

I have always said that we would complete the due diligence process in the course of July and that I would submit to the Premier League my application under the Premier League’s ‘Fit and Proper Person Test’ immediately after the completion of the due diligence. I have duly met both deadlines.”

“The current owner and I have agreed and signed the Terms Sheet document, with which the terms of the transaction have been finalised.

"Now we are in the final stages of the transaction and I will exercise every effort to complete it as soon as possible in the interest of both the club and its supporters, who are showing an extraordinary level of loyalty to this great club.”

IF all of the above is true what are the "final stages of the transaction".

Given that he has "completed" or "met the deadlines" for everything else the only remaining part is for him to actually pay...

If he were able to do so this could be done in a matter of hours if really necessary.

Total bull.

His capacity for spouting total total sh*te and expecting to be believed is phenomenal.

I can't believe what Redknapp has just done to them, sells Bent for £12M but only gives them £9M for Crouch, he has no shame, I hope he kept a straight face when he was demonstrating precisely how much he cares about the club.

Why didn't he just bend Storrie over his desk and make him beg? It would have been less insulting.

Wonder if they will name a stand after him when Maradona opens this new 50,000 seater ground on the waterfront next season....

still on;

Which actually says.....

The deal will be finished as soon as I find some idiot with money to flip this deal to.

I'm not having a go at his intellect or sincerity, just at his grip on reality as in DUDE there's a recession on and your mate Taksin's last 3 months spent trying to launder his cash ain't gonna work, then PL boys weren't born in a barn you know.

heck, he's so thick, apparently he's the only Arab who doesn't now know that Swine Flu was actually created by Dubya as revenge on this part of the world for what they did to his Dad all them years ago.

Oops sorry that one slipped out from somebody else's blog, he's enjoying the food at Al Awir correctional facility and looking forward to fasting all day during late August in the middle of the desert during Ramadan, I certainly don't condone his comments...

Which brings me nicely to the REAL worry for the Skates.....

Boys - you got 3 weeks. Because NOTHING, repeat NOTHING ever gets done during Ramadan.

Enjoy

I love the way they keep banging on about the Term Sheet.

A term sheet being of course a non-legally binding outline. An agreement to agree, if you will.

Similar to the "agreement in principle" they were banging on about a while ago.

Now the blogger says its all over....

But what's this statement? Hmm... very odd.

Anyway, whatever :lol:

78 million worth of sales and they are still 68 mill in the red with 34 million of loan still left. No infrastructure, a medium sized at best fanbase and not enough assetts to now cover the debt.

Oh lord they are f**ked.

And there appears to be internal strife too:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125121317

or here if you're adverse to actually visiting thier board... ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204354/Portsmouth-stars-David-Nugent-Marc-Wilson-drunken-brawl-shame.html

Edited by Micky

So let us get this CLEAR now...........

If they go into admin this season, but also get relegated (both could be likely), they will start next season with -10?? :-D

This time next year we could be in front of them in the league?? :-)

While i am not exactly Portsmouth's biggest fan (i hate the **** hole). It is sort of sad to see them in that situation. I don't think anyone wants them to go out of business. Just for their fans to be knocked down a few pegs. If this happens then that will obviously do that.

I remember in a meeting a few months back i was speaking to a Pompey fan and we were chating about our plight. He said how bad it was and that he wished we could both be in the Premier league as would make much better games etc. And to me i think that is what i want also, both of us in the top flight playing each other each year (hopefully winning more then they do).

While seeing them suffer a bit it is of course enjoyable but you have to wonder how the fook they got into that amount of debt in the first place....GayMark or whatever his name is sounds like Risdale in disguise.

Unfortunately Pompey are still far stronger than us. David Nugent is a struggling Premier striker but would be outstanding in League 1 let alone the Championship.

Hopefully the gap will close very soon

Here's a quick way to close the gap. We need a striker, and they need money. I reckon if Pardew were to offer just a few quid for DN .... ;)

78 million worth of sales and they are still 68 mill in the red with 34 million of loan still left. No infrastructure, a medium sized at best fanbase and not enough assetts to now cover the debt.

Oh lord they are f**ked.

love the last line

"the dream has truly died"

today's mirror includes;

"Now the s******s and laughter that greeted arch-rivals Southampton's brush with extinction over the summer have been replaced by a dread that it could be Pompey who are the ones to disappear off the football map.

"Last month's claims that Diego Maradona would take an ambassadorial role, bringing with him star names including Samuel Eto'o and David Villa, proved even more flimsy and unrealistic than the promises that have drifted across the sands from the United Arab Emirates.

If they go into admin this season, but also get relegated (both could be likely), they will start next season with -10?? :-D

The points penalty would be for the current season and stands at 9 points.

Pompey "stars" David Nugent and Marc Wilson are alledged to have been involved with a 5am drunken fight... They apparently ripped metal poles from their wardrobes and attacked each other...

You can imagine the scene...

"No you can stay and play for the tossers..."

"No YOU can stop and play for the tossers..."

"luckily for Portsmouth all their good players have already left!!"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/2009/08/05/pompey-odds-sinking-fast-115875-21572078/

8/1 to finish bottom now. Still not bad but I think that 10/1 to be bottom at Xmas is a better bet. It gives them less time to wriggle out of their current mess .

Fill your boots - and pay for 2010's season ticket with your winnings!!

They still have enough about them to stay up.I wouldnt dance too much just yet.

I don't do dance!

I can see a pattern of turmoil emerging that mirrors our own and is difficult to stop let alone reverse: Crippling debt, players left and potentially leaving, sub-standard* players arriving, injuries, a manager that has only a plan A and time running out to get more sub-standard* players into the first team squad. Added to that they now have players fighting amongst themselves.

They also have the dilemma of a few players who will be out of contract next year (Krancjar, Diop and Distin) so will be free to talk come January if not sold this month. Just how much fight will they have next year?

* when I say sub-standard, only in terms of the EPL

'Portsmouth: not waving, but drowning'

Pure poetry...albeit lifted!

Do I care if they disappear? Nope...I don't give a flying cluck - any more than they did when we were on the brink.

Saggy the twitch I hate even more than Lowe but he may have left their scabby skate scalp in a worse state than he left us in...when is the cont going to get found out?

Unbelievable....(a great video btw!)

Also in the mirror on one of the back pages there are comments about him passing the leagues fit and proper test but the reporter doesnt think he will pass the leagues intelligence test. lol mad me chuckle loads on the bus this morning.

I actually feel sorry for my Pompey mates.

Football is also about the banter.

they have pulled my leg over the last few weeks and I will pull theirs over the next few weeks.

I agree with this, but would not wish relegation on any team lets get to the prem and play them there.

would rather pass them next season in CCC.

someones got to get relegated - why not a poorly supported club, who have fans who smash up their own town, lack respect and play in a ground suited to lower league football?

The Skates really do need to be in the division below us for me. When we are above them again in our rightful place, nothing would give me greater satisfaction than to see all the Skate shirts disappear from my local Sainsburys at Hedge End. If they are locals, then hopefully they will be too ashamed to wear the Skate colours and then the only way that I will know whether they are are from Pompey or not will be if their fat slag wives are covered in tattoos.

Anything's possible, though you might be reaching a bit in imagining we're going to get promoted.

Especially when they've got no infrastructure and senior players being sold of left, right & centre.

Exactly!

The outlay for any replacement/future buyer is:

1) For the club - probably not much by the look of it.

2) Running costs for the rest of the season. I suspect that they will be loss making so this could be significant.

3) On going loan repayments. Unless he buys them from an administrator of course.

4) New players to attempt to stay up.

5) New Stadium - Not straight away but will be required to create a sustainable business.

6) Training Ground - As for 5.

Finding somebody prepared to buy them when all of the above will be required is going to be VERY VERY hard.

If they go into administration they could be the first prem team to disappear altogether.

If you think back to the "liquidation" vs "sale to an investor" discussions that we had when we were in Administration and apply the same arguments to the Skates...

What do they have that an administrator would be able to get more from a new investor for then he would by shutting up shop?

Players? There are still some valuable players left... but a number of them are out of contract at the end of the season and you might be able to sell the others in January prior to liquidating.

The Ground? No

Training Ground? No

The only thing really going for them is their league status... Somebody might buy them with a view to getting back into the prem at the first attempt but given the need to pay for the new stadium etc (see above) there must be many many other clubs which offer a more attractive proposition.

How much would you pay for an FA cup win over Cardiff City when the top teams no longer consider it a worthy trophy anyway - the actual existence of your club?

Nice one Harry, you and Storrie have really excelled yourselves this time.

I reckon they must have three weeks to save the club on two fronts - if they don't find and spend £10-15M on players they can wave goodbye to the Prem, if they don't find any money at all the debts will be called in and the club could stutter into oblivion via consecutive relegations or even a winding up.

When we slipped into league one it was like we were tramps being moved on to a less comfortable park bench, they are heading for eviction from a penthouse straight into a skip.

I don't wish them out of business, just for them to languish in the bottom half of league two, so I am ticking off every day of the transfer window with great joy, it's a clock ticking over their Prem survival.

And for those who say they don't care, try living further east.

Having started so badly and declined rapidly, 2009 could still be a fantastic year for us.