Is BWP ever going to be any good?

Weston Super Saint

Just as I reply to you on the other thread, you post this ;)

I thought he put in a very good performance last night. Yes, one cross went straight out of play, but he is not a left footed player. His control and touch seemed a lot better, and he timed his runs very well.

Play him on the right wing and he will do a very good job IMO- he was scoring for fun from that position in pre-season, and we haven't exactly got someone holding that place down for their own.

You must have been watching a different game from me, i thought he put alot of effort in last night and also started a couple of clever moves, more than Dyer has done in the last 2 seasons.

Must have.

All I saw was him skulking around the half way line, jogging back to defend, then taking as much time as possible to get going again when we broke.

Not to mention the passes that went to no-one in particular.

He did put in one good challenge though.

Aside from the fact that he waddles with his arse sticking out - a bit like Donald Duck - he was very poor last night.

I would have thought that being out of the team for so long, and finally getting a decent[ish] run out, he would have been hungry to prove a point.

Perhaps he doesn't have one to prove.....

What a crock of s**t. Admittedly a decidely average player but to post that after his performance last night beggars belief. When he came on he seemed the only player actually willing to directly attack Ipswich.

Aside from the fact that he waddles with his arse sticking out - a bit like Donald Duck - he was very poor last night.

I would have thought that being out of the team for so long, and finally getting a decent[ish] run out, he would have been hungry to prove a point.

amazed at this post. BWP looked excellent when he came on. He immediately got involved, worked hard and made things happen.

Are you just another of these people that have preconceived ideas about players - perhaps ideas that are not even your own - and even if the performance of the player totally contradicts `your opinion' you still refuse to acknoweldge that they played well?

amazed at this post. BWP looked excellent when he came on. He immediately got involved, worked hard and made things happen.

Are you just another of these people that have preconceived ideas about players - perhaps ideas that are not even your own - and even if the performance of the player totally contradicts `your opinion' you still refuse to acknoweldge that they played well?

Clearly.

That's why everyone is agreeing with me ;)

I could not quite believe how unfit he was last night. He was physically unable to track his runners and was blowing out his arse after 5 minutes of running. I'm fully aware he has not been playing recently, but has he not done any fitness training while being out the first team picture??????

i thought he added some penetration. looked good at claus' testimonial but hasnt really played this season.

He may actually fit in to the system better than a 4-4-2, Wide right and not so far forward, les slikely to be offside every 30 seconds.

DMG played left midfield under Burley, may be a better balance with DMG left & BWP right, although I'd prefer to seea "mentally fit" Skacel at LB & Surman on the left wing, leaving the pace with BWP on the right, then we get passing and brains on one side and pace on the other

I praised him after the Ipswich match, but on Saturday he was absolutely woeful.

He lacks any kind of footballing intelligence.

He was supposed to be playing on the wing, but just got drawn into the middle all the time.

We had two occassions where we had great openings, but nobody was out wide

It was because BWP had deserted his position

Unfortunately, he earns a living on the back of his family name

I praised him after the Ipswich match, but on Saturday he was absolutely woeful.

He was supposed to be playing on the wing, but just got drawn into the middle all the time.

That good eh?

Those are two words that you don't normally see next to each other.

I hope he never plays for us again, he was awful saturday. I haven't seen someone play that badly for a long time. He had all last season and bits of the season before and yet he looked like the youngest, most inexperienced player on the pitch! Didn't have a clue.

BWP seems to have one good game in five, which was coincidentally has scoring ration last season.

Every once in a while he makes a decent sub appearance and people crawl out of the woodwork and say, "OMFG BWP was great he MUST start the next game!!!!" It happened last yea after the games against Burnley (a), Barnsley (a) and Bristol City, but some people just never learn, much like BWP.

There are those on here who are convinced EVERY player in our squad is good enough to play in the CCC, but BWP just isn't. If his names was Bradley Jones and we'd signed him from Aldershot for £100k, he'd have been out the door long ago.

I thought he put in a very good performance last night. Yes, one cross went straight out of play, but he is not a left footed player. His control and touch seemed a lot better, and he timed his runs very well.

You must have been watching a different game from me, i thought he put alot of effort in last night and also started a couple of clever moves,

I've never really rated BWP, but I must admit he played well last night.

When he came on he seemed the only player actually willing to directly attack Ipswich.

Looked like he could play wide successfully in this team,

amazed at this post. BWP looked excellent when he came on.

His run led directly to our equaliser.

Thought he was very useful when he came on last night,

LOL

What a difference a couple of days makes :shock:

Just for a moment against Ipswich I weakened and thought, just maybe he might one day be okay. And then I watched the Barnsley match.......

I hope he never plays for us again, he was awful saturday.

How long has he had .... I think it would have happened if it was going to