Ticketing policy for the JPT Final

Dibden Purlieu Saint

With it being Carlisle rather than Leeds I think we may get a few more tickets, bearing in mind its not the FA Cup final and therefore they won't be giving tickets away to FA hangers on, and as I understand it Club Wembley tickets whilst given priority have to buy their seats, I think we should get enough tickets that any Saints fan who hasb been to a couple of games this season should be able to get a ticket with relative ease.

With it being Carlisle rather than Leeds I think we may get a few more tickets, bearing in mind its not the FA Cup final and therefore they won't be giving tickets away to FA hangers on, and as I understand it Club Wembley tickets whilst given priority have to buy their seats

correct. The JPT final is not included in the Club Wembley package. Club Wembley members will get first refusal to buy their own seats (at inflated prices no doubt) but I doubt the percentage taking up this option will be very high. Saints V carlisle isn't very attractive to the neutral!

The club promised ST holders 1st refusal on two tickets and they will honour that quite rightly. We forked out a lot of money at a time when the club was on the verge of oblivion - we deserve some recognition of our loyalty IMO. Everyone else will just have to wait their turn, however I cannot see too many being disappointed TBH.

so by all accounts, ST holders (14,000) will take up, maybe, 22,000 seats - that leaves 15/16,000 seats remaining.

I've been to every JPT home game, but wouldn't expect preferential treatment over ST holders - it's not fair, is it.

I would hope for, however, preferencial booking rights over those who have not attended JPT matches this season.

If you listened to the PA Announcer, he said anyone who was in the stadium last night is GUARANTEED a ticket.

And if you don't get one because season tickets snap them all up, tough sh!t.

I wasn't at the game though, in Leeds with work, which is the problem. I agree, ST holders and people who went to the games deserve them more, I just believe that they should be available for general sale as well.

Just because some people don't have season tickets doesn't make them plastic fans. i had a season ticket for many years and in this time never missed a hiome game as well as travelling to many away games. Unfortunately, I have since moved to the west midlands and have 3 young kids and can't afford to travel to all the games. I still spend a lot of money every year on merchandise and do still try to get to matches. I couldnt get to the game last night but still bought a ticket and gave it away to someone who could attend.

Some season ticket holders need to get off their high horses and count themselves lucky they are in a position to be able to be a season ticket holder, but this doesn't mean they're anymore of a fan.

If you listened to the PA Announcer, he said anyone who was in the stadium last night is GUARANTEED a ticket.

And if you don't get one because season tickets snap them all up, tough sh!t.

He also said our allocation is bar far more then st marys capacity looking about 40 000 i would say, The amount luton got..

Anyone who wants a ticket will be able to get one - Wembley holds 90,000. Carlisle fans reckon they'll take around 25,000 and even if due to segregation our allocation is way less than half you'll still be able to get tickets in neutral areas etc.

exactamundo. there will be more than enough to go round - chill!

Anyone who wants a ticket will be able to get one - Wembley holds 90,000. Carlisle fans reckon they'll take around 25,000 and even if due to segregation our allocation is way less than half you'll still be able to get tickets in neutral areas etc.

Been speaking to a Bristol Rovers fan and when they played Carlisle at Millenium in JPT Final Carlisle only took 14k

Whatever the ticketing policy/hierarchy, isn't it great that we're now back to a position where getting match tickets is actually a problem.

Being able to stroll upto St Marys at 1400 on a Saturday and pickup a ticket just seemed to take some of the excitement of the build-up away.

Can anyone tell me the best area at Wembley - went to an England Croatia game and we were far too high up as my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Also we were in the top row at the Millenium....great atmosphere but far too far away from the pitch.

Go for the lower level then.

Sat 5 rows from the front on the halfway line for England v Brazil and it was a great view.

For info I posted the following 2 links back in Dec.

Ticket info for last year final

http://www.football-league.co.uk/johnstonespainttrophy/news/20090224/final-ticket-information_2246525_1568489

And a plan of the stadium

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/47/32/0,,10794~143943,00.pdf

The plan implies that if Carlisle ordered only 20k they will get only the lower tier at one end. As we will request over 30k we will get tickets in the top tier as well.

The plan also implies that there are more tickets in the "grey areas" at the very top for example block 512/3/4 etc., that could be requested.

I wasn't at the game though, in Leeds with work, which is the problem. I agree, ST holders and people who went to the games deserve them more, I just believe that they should be available for general sale as well.

And they will... IF there is any left.

If I was you what would i have done? Bought a ticket and not used it for the final... a safe £20 gamble if we get to Wembley.

The ticketing priorities have been advertised for weeks.

For info I posted the following 2 links back in Dec.

Ticket info for last year final

http://www.football-league.co.uk/johnstonespainttrophy/news/20090224/final-ticket-information_2246525_1568489

And a plan of the stadium

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/47/32/0,,10794~143943,00.pdf

The plan implies that if Carlisle ordered only 20k they will get only the lower tier at one end. As we will request over 30k we will get tickets in the top tier as well.

The plan also implies that there are more tickets in the "grey areas" at the very top for example block 512/3/4 etc., that could be requested.

I would imagine that they will hold a few blocks near the centre on the Carlisle end as well, so that if we go over our 40,000 we can also take them without having tiers directly above them.

We will take 50k I would imagine if tickets allow,it would be stupid not to make arrangements to allow this.

I would honestly be surprised if anyone who wants a ticket would not be able to get one. 90k is huge. Initial allocations will I guess be about 40k each, Carlisle will probably return 15k, which I guess would then be released to us, meaning 55k in total. Do we really have 55k fans, or am I over simplifying the situation?

I would honestly be surprised if anyone who wants a ticket would not be able to get one. 90k is huge. Initial allocations will I guess be about 40k each, Carlisle will probably return 15k, which I guess would then be released to us, meaning 55k in total. Do we really have 55k fans, or am I over simplifying the situation?

We won't get the other 15k if they split the stadium in half.... they need to take this into account before releasing Carlisles allocation.

We would get at least 50k to Wembley, possibly more... every man and his dog wants a day out at Wembley.

I would also suggest to the echo, ticket office etc that they advertise the seats behind the goal as the 'singing area'

I would also like to request that we play in our yellow-ish strip.

That is all.

Dont know whether this is possible, or allowed under the league rules, but how cool would it be to 'premier' the new 125 year anniversary kit at the final?

I would also suggest to the echo, ticket office etc that they advertise the seats behind the goal as the 'singing area'

I would also like to request that we play in our yellow-ish strip.

That is all.

good shout stu, start a thread bud and try get it sorted ;)

Dont know whether this is possible, or allowed under the league rules, but how cool would it be to 'premier' the new 125 year anniversary kit at the final?

whilst laying in bed last night this EXACT thought came to me too......the club should release the shirts 2 weeks prior to the final so that all who WANT to wear their "anniversary " shirts to Wembley ,can!

Come on Nicola, sort this one for us, the club could make a fookin fortune!!!

even Plastics will want a piece of that, so they can feel more "authentic" LOL!

Edited by saint boggy

The thing that makes me laugh the most is where were the extra 10-15k fans were over the last few seasons when I was watching us play crap football along with the other 16k die hard fans!

No doubt if we return to the Prem it will be the same and the glory hunters will be back.

I'm not a ST holder nor a member now yet I've been to enough games this and recent seasons to justify me a ticket but I doubt I'll get one now.......

So, going by the rumours on here, even though I have been to 3 of the JPT matches this season, I am still likely to miss out on tickets due to moving away and not being available for midweek games. If none of these tickets go on general sale, I will be really rather annoyed.

As A Season ticket Holder. I get 2 tickets. If the missus does not want to come I will happily get one for someone who can (no extra charge either)

Segregation at Wembley is done in quarters. So we will get 40,000+ initially. Carlisle are not expecting to sell many more than 15,000, so as long as they don't sell tickets in there 2nd quarter (as S****horpe did to prevent Luton from having extra tickets), we could end up with 60,000+ tickets. Which will be more than enough.

Even with the initial 40,000 it won't be difficult to get a ticket, the trickiest bit will be getting tickets together with ST's and MKD ticket holders being sold at different intervals.

The thing that makes me laugh the most is where were the extra 10-15k fans were over the last few seasons when I was watching us play crap football along with the other 16k die hard fans!

No doubt if we return to the Prem it will be the same and the glory hunters will be back.

I'm not a ST holder nor a member now yet I've been to enough games this and recent seasons to justify me a ticket but I doubt I'll get one now.......

+1.

Just because some people don't have season tickets doesn't make them plastic fans. i had a season ticket for many years and in this time never missed a hiome game as well as travelling to many away games. Unfortunately, I have since moved to the west midlands and have 3 young kids and can't afford to travel to all the games. I still spend a lot of money every year on merchandise and do still try to get to matches. I couldnt get to the game last night but still bought a ticket and gave it away to someone who could attend.

Some season ticket holders need to get off their high horses and count themselves lucky they are in a position to be able to be a season ticket holder, but this doesn't mean they're anymore of a fan.

here here!

so by all accounts, ST holders (14,000) will take up, maybe, 22,000 seats - that leaves 15/16,000 seats remaining.

I've been to every JPT home game, but wouldn't expect preferential treatment over ST holders - it's not fair, is it.

I would hope for, however, preferencial booking rights over those who have not attended JPT matches this season.

What the club had on its web-site in advance (and I think has had there since the norwich tie is that ST holders can buy 2 each then those who attended last night's final get next priority, for one ticket each, then presumably any left go on general sale.

The good thing about the JPT is that unlike the FA cup final there should be far fewer general FA hangers-on and neutrals there, with a greater proportion of the 90k tickets being available for genuine followers of the 2 clubs.

K.

We will have at least 40k tickets. If you want one you can get one.

agree with that...

I went to the charlton game in the JPT as well as a handfull of others this season so far.

Also have a ticket for the pompey and walsall games this season..

hopefully, I should be able to get one..

here we go again. as with the pompey game everyone is panicking about gettin tickets. 40k is a lot of tickets to sell!! i know we have a pretty large fan base but i guarantee that anyone who really wants a ticket will get one.

Agree, but I think many are worrying because of the 2003 cup final when they missed out. In respect of that game about 30% of tickets went to corporates, but with this game none of the glory hunting corporate nobs will be interested. It'll be a 50/50 split AT WORST.