Ticketing policy for the JPT Final

Dibden Purlieu Saint

so no priority to those of us who went to the 1st leg?

That's what Mr Luker indicated to me in an e-mail when I asked a few weeks ago. However as we're playing Carlisle, hopefully we'll get a decent enough allocation and there won't be a problem.

so no priority to those of us who went to the 1st leg?

TexasSaint posted this in another thread:

I’m afraid you will not be eligible for a ticket to the final (should we reach the final) unless you have been to either the home leg or away leg semi-finals.

Regards

Danni Kingston

Supporter Services Assistant

Southampton

So it implies that those who went to stadium MK will be treated the same as those who were at St Marys last night.

I’m afraid you will not be eligible for a ticket to the final (should we reach the final) unless you have been to either the home leg or away leg semi-finals.

Regards

Danni Kingston

Southampton

So it implies that those who went to stadium MK will be treated the same as those who were at St Marys last night.

Be awesome if those of us that went to both got two tickets and then another two for being Season tickets holders.

Regards

Danni Kingston

Southampton

It also implies that if you didn't go to the semi then you can't go to the final at all.

Regards

Danni Kingston

Southampton

It also implies that if you didn't go to the semi then you can't go to the final at all.

It's not an implication, it's a statement of fact (although I doubt that is what the Ticket Office actually meant).

If you listened to the PA Announcer, he said anyone who was in the stadium last night is GUARANTEED a ticket.

And if you don't get one because season tickets snap them all up, tough sh!t.

He did indeed Stu, if we get 45K tickets it'll be interesting to see how many "fans" we have. It will also tell Nicola Cortese whether it'll be worth considering a stadium expansion in te future.

Aren't we just a teeny-weeny bit sad down here 'though setting a new crowd record for the JPT? Nobody else gives a terrapin's terd about it except us that's why MKD brought along about 800 to see a 'Final' last night.

Shouldn't we be a bit more proud and set our sights higher or is this as good as it gets from now on?

He did indeed Stu, if we get 45K tickets it'll be interesting to see how many "fans" we have. It will also tell Nicola Cortese whether it'll be worth considering a stadium expansion in te future.

Aren't we just a teeny-weeny bit sad down here 'though setting a new crowd record for the JPT? Nobody else gives a terrapin's terd about it except us that's why MKD brought along about 800 to see a 'Final' last night.

Shouldn't we be a bit more proud and set our sights higher or is this as good as it gets from now on?

Yeah, our fans should be sh*t like every other club down here. Shame on us for supporting our team on their way to Wembley.

Hello Mr Bell end.

A scenario where we only got 20,000 last night...

He did indeed Stu, if we get 45K tickets there will be no chance of selling them all if we can't even sell out last nights game. It will also tell Nicola Cortese that there is no point in even contemplating a stadium expansion.

Aren't we just a teeny-weeny bit sad down here that we can't even support our team properly when they are 90 minutes from Wembley? It's a trophy FFS regardless of status, but our "fans" have proven themselves to be on level with the shocking support from MK Dons.

Perhaps some of the stay away mongs need to realise that this is our level now, and should get down to support the team properly.

Carlisle seem to think they will take 20k to Wembley. They will start their allocation at the halfway line and sell blocks in rotation.

Potentially that'll leave us at least 60k which is more than enough.

Definitely, I don't think we will take anymore than 50k, and even that will be at a stretch IMO.

50,000 Southampton would be amazing. I honestly think we would struggle to sell 40k,.

Really? I think we'd sell that easily. If you consider that we can sell 30,000 tickets quite easily for a big game at St Mary's, think how many we could get at Wembley! Southampton is a big city with a large population; people who haven't been to St Mary's in a few years will want to go, and even people who aren't Saints fans but who enjoy football. I know many fans of other clubs who'll try and go.

Surely the tickets should be distributed on the basis of the weight of the individual's support for the new regime, the manager and the squad, including Wotton and James?

On this basis we will have a good old knees up with some of life's eternal hopeful travellers and not an evening with Leonard Cohen and Victor fecking Meldrew...

Segregation at Wembley is done in quarters. So we will get 40,000+ initially. Carlisle are not expecting to sell many more than 15,000, so as long as they don't sell tickets in there 2nd quarter (as S****horpe did to prevent Luton from having extra tickets), we could end up with 60,000+ tickets. Which will be more than enough.

Even with the initial 40,000 it won't be difficult to get a ticket, the trickiest bit will be getting tickets together with ST's and MKD ticket holders being sold at different intervals.

I was there last year (mate is a Luton fan, got me a ticket as a regular Hatter could not make it). Luton did sell 40k but could have sold more - they were refused any further allocation. On the day, S****horpe had about 9/10k max and so there were vast empty sections left. Disgrace, I dont know why, maybe because of what you say above, but lets hope its better this year

I have just bought my Naaaaaarwich tickets on the phone. I aked about JPT and the ticket office sounded pretty confident, without committing themsleves, that people who were on the Database would get a ticket.

The JPT is not the same as the FACUP, ie few neutrals and dignitaries. I think ticket availability should be OK

I am pretty sure when Luton played S****horpe in last years final,they got 40,000

tickets after a big struggle, but baring in mind S****horpe only took 15,000.

Let us hope common sense prevails and if we can sell 40-45,000 tickets ,then that is what we will receive.

Luton played Rotherham didn't they? Pretty sure as remembering thinking it was a League 2 final...

Carlisle seem to think they will take 20k to Wembley. They will start their allocation at the halfway line and sell blocks in rotation.

Potentially that'll leave us at least 60k which is more than enough.

Segregation at Wembley is done in quarters, so we only get over 45k if Carlisle don't sell more than 22k, which is quite posible but not guaranteed.

Jesus this guy is more grumpy than me!

p.s booked my flights from Edinburg to Bournemouth today - Ryanair £20 return! Lovely jubbly!

The club promised ST holders 1st refusal on two tickets and they will honour that quite rightly. We forked out a lot of money at a time when the club was on the verge of oblivion - we deserve some recognition of our loyalty IMO. Everyone else will just have to wait their turn, however I cannot see too many being disappointed TBH.

Not quite,seeing as Season Tickets didnt go on sale until after we had been taken over. Personally I think priority should go to ST holders,then the fans who have been to most JPT games,not just the Area Final. There were only 9000 odd people at the first game against Torquay,14000 against Charlton and 15000 against Norwich. Where were all the plastics that came out in force last night as we were within touching distance of Wembley?

the trickiest bit will be getting tickets together with ST's and MKD ticket holders being sold at different intervals.

If ST's are GUARANTEED 2 tickets AND MKD ticket purchasers are GUARANTEED a ticket, surely there's no need to sell them at separate times. Sell them at the same time and people like me, who have STH relatives, can get seats together. Any left can then go on general sale.

with this game none of the glory hunting corporate nobs will be interested.

Is that the same 'corporate nobs' who paid for, and are still paying for, the Wembley Stadium rebuild so that 'real fans' can go to a nice posh stadium to see 'their' team play?

Ah, the logic of the average football fan....brings a smile to my prawn munching face everytime... ;-)

If ST's are GUARANTEED 2 tickets AND MKD ticket purchasers are GUARANTEED a ticket, surely there's no need to sell them at separate times. Sell them at the same time and people like me, who have STH relatives, can get seats together. Any left can then go on general sale.

For what it's worth, the policy was already set weeks ago. The club made it clear at the norwich game, before the last leg, never mind the home 'final', and reiterated later..........

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~1951347,00.html

K.

I have just bought my Naaaaaarwich tickets on the phone. I aked about JPT and the ticket office sounded pretty confident, without committing themsleves, that people who were on the Database would get a ticket.

The JPT is not the same as the FACUP, ie few neutrals and dignitaries. I think ticket availability should be OK

There is over 200,000 people on the database..... not sure all of them will fit into Wembley.