Fulthorpe should speak up now

Long Shot

With the "total football" experiment floundering (well with Wright-Phillips back in the team thats hardly an endorsement) and a relegation battle in front of dwindling crowds looming, perhaps now is the time Mr J Fulthorpe should make a public statement on the takeover position which he was telling all comers was imminent as long ago as the Spring.

I gather only the other day he was still telling people it is still on but frankly even those who profess to be his friends are now laughing at him and ruefully shaking their heads.

With 14000 crowds and a bottom 3 position not to mention the credit crunch making banks nervous I really fear without some sort of investment we are in serious serious trouble. If Fulthorpe really turns out to be the prince of tyre kickers and the fans continue to be apathetic...... well it doesn't warrant thinking about. Anyone else like to hear from Fulthorpe? Even if to tell us its all gone boots up.

I would hazzard a guess that they are still putting a bid document together AND THEN they will see if anyone is prepared to back it with money. Cannot believe they have money men yet or they would have moved in before now, transfer window closed or not.

Come on Mr Fulthorpe and Mr Cousins, put up or shut up once and for all.

Administration is looking a real possibility with attendances below 15K. It's time for Fulthorpe to put up or shut up.

And maybe pressure should be brought to bear on the major shareholders to relenquish their shareholdings for a nominal fee (as has happened at other CCC clubs).

Alas, Fulthorpe will say nothing.

The 'game' these people play is a 'no lose' situation for speculators like them.....

If they get a deal together they will shout "look how wonderful we are" from the rooftops, whereas if their approach proves to be unsuccessful they will shrink off into the background without any obligation, moral or otherwise, to explain to supporters what was wrong with their business plan.

Simple. As. That.

And maybe pressure should be brought to bear on the major shareholders to relenquish their shareholdings for a nominal fee (as has happened at other CCC clubs).

I can't see Lowe or Wilde doing that in a month of Sundays. Wilde in particular must be feeling the pinch.

They were confident that funding would be in place by the end of June so something's not gone to plan, somewhat unsurprisingly!

Plan? What plan? Where is there a shred of evidence there was ever a "plan"? Even LifeLong had a plan....OK...it was titled "The Future of Saints: Cloud Cuckoo Land" but AT LEAST he had a plan.

Where is Fulthorpe's plan?

That's all I ask.

Alas, Fulthorpe will say nothing.

The 'game' these people play is a 'no lose' situation for speculators like them.....

If they get a deal together they will shout "look how wonderful we are" from the rooftops, whereas if their approach proves to be unsuccessful they will shrink off into the background without any obligation, moral or otherwise, to explain to supporters what was wrong with their business plan.

Simple. As. That.

Tis true but with all their wild boasts they raised hopes and even promised jobs.

Plan? What plan? Where is there a shred of evidence there was ever a "plan"? Even LifeLong had a plan....OK...it was titled "The Future of Saints: Cloud Cuckoo Land" but AT LEAST he had a plan.

Where is Fulthorpe's plan?

That's all I ask.

I have a PLAN, and one day people will llisten to me.

And maybe pressure should be brought to bear on Fulthorpe to tell everybody what he's got and what he intends to do before pressure should be brought to bear on the major shareholders to relenquish their shareholdings for a nominal fee

Maybe, with the current financial climate, it's Mexican standoff time?

Could Mr Fulthorpe be waiting for the banks to come calling? Or can he no longer count on financial muscle himself?

To be honest I gave up long ago, not on Saints but on this takeover prospect and I can't now see any mileage in it.

So had I but Lowe is helpless now - Wilde cannot afford to lose the whole 25% for nowt so a low offer and he'll cave in. Askham would do the same and Lowe would have to follow . If gates and results continue to slump - and they will with only 5 CCC calibre players in the squad, administration is weeks and perhaps only days away and desperation creeps in. I believe that by the end of next month we'll have a better picture but Fulthorpe/other parties will wait for now and force a deal at the 11th hour.

That ship has sailed. There will be no takeover by Paul Allen, Fulthorpe, Abu Dabi sheikh, Richard Branson, unknown oil baron, Taiwanese crook, or any other entity with more than 50 pence in their pocket. We're dead. Ru**rt and the traitor have completed the task.

Fulthorpe is either a bullsh!tter or not a fan.

If he had the money or the will, he could have been on the phone in June asking how he could help stabilise the club.

Surely, we have to forget these false knights and ask what we can do?

Even at Norwich, the insurance billionaire taking them over wouldn't pay over the odds and Delia wanted to make sure he had the best interests of the club at heart. People will not pay over 15-20p a share for an insolvent business - were we not a football club we'd have been in a CVA some time ago. Askham and Wilde have been asking for silly money and they are the people killing SFC - not the fan and not the stay-away fan either. Lowe would get out at 20p a share I reckon, for his faults he understands business but it's Guy's decision and not his. I'm not sure Rupert knew just how impossible a job he was taking on, ditto JP and Wotte. There are only 2 outcomes left now and we'll find out soon - low price takeover before the bank pulls the plug or adminstration. I know which "option" I prefer.

Administration is looking a real possibility with attendances below 15K. It's time for Fulthorpe to put up or shut up.

If the 15,000 missing "fans" put up or shut up, i.e. turned up, we wouldn't need time wasters like Fulthorpe. It's not down to Fulthorpe to save the club, it's down to the fans, unfortunately we simply don't have enough it seems.

If the 15,000 missing "fans" put up or shut up, i.e. turned up, we wouldn't need time wasters like Fulthorpe. It's not down to Fulthorpe to save the club, it's down to the fans, unfortunately we simply don't have enough it seems.

We had more than enough when in the Premiership, and even our first two seasons of championship, yet we still seem to have had [financial] difficulties then.

But you're right it must be the fans' fault :rolleyes:

It's the credit crunch. People have less disposable income to spend on leisure persuits. Let's face it, following Saints at the moment is not very enjoyable and fans are less likely to sacrifice what little money they've on a hobby that makes them miserable.

In all fairness, why should they!!!

Because then someone might come in and rescue the Club many of them purport to love. Most of the recent CCC takeovers have been for nominal sums.

As someone else has mentioned above, I'm amazed that people would even consider paying £1 to buy a debt ridden club that is racking up more losses every week.

Many shareholders at other clubs have taken a hit in the pocket in order for their club to move forward.

Of course, on a hard nosed business side, they are well within their rights to hold on to their shares and either sell them for the price they want or to try and turn this Club around.

The potential downside of this is obvious, in that if no one wants to pay over the odds, or if they fail (and it's not looking good sat here today), then the Club they purport to love may well cease to exist (at least in the form we know).

I'm still looking forward to the priceless snippets of information from all the ITK's who promised to 'spill the beans' if the deal didn't come off....

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the deal didn't happen, so can we have our 57 varieties?

IMO, the "ITKers" are worse than the tyre kickers to which they profess to know all about.

The tyre kickers never say anything if their approach goes tits up, and the supposed ITKers that "promise" to tell why are even less honourable.

One word:

Plankton

Because then someone might come in and rescue the Club many of them purport to love. Most of the recent CCC takeovers have been for nominal sums.

As someone else has mentioned above, I'm amazed that people would even consider paying £1 to buy a debt ridden club that is racking up more losses every week.

Many shareholders at other clubs have taken a hit in the pocket in order for their club to move forward.

Of course, on a hard nosed business side, they are well within their rights to hold on to their shares and either sell them for the price they want or to try and turn this Club around.

The potential downside of this is obvious, in that if no one wants to pay over the odds, or if they fail (and it's not looking good sat here today), then the Club they purport to love may well cease to exist (at least in the form we know).

None of them - bar Crouch IMO - have ever been Saints fans.

Weren't they supposed to be expecting their money from the Middle East?

If so I could have been of great assistance in their endeavours with all my years of experience in these matters.

.................. I could have sold them a magic lantern to rub.

Would have been a much more likely outcome

I think the fact that Merrington has a last shut up in public speaks volumes. I think the bid if you can grace it with that title is finished. Clearly he cannot raise the money from wherever it was he was going to get it and I agree he should simply say that and disappear again forever to the land of the wannabees but never weres. One thing I am interested is that to have got this far with Lowe and Co he must have provided some form of 'proof of funds' or 'funds in escrow' in order to show that he could buy them out at least. I wonder if we have heard the last of this issue if the middle east money has disappeared - if it existed as others have queried.

I think the fact that Merrington has a last shut up in public speaks volumes. I think the bid if you can grace it with that title is finished. Clearly he cannot raise the money from wherever it was he was going to get it and I agree he should simply say that and disappear again forever to the land of the wannabees but never weres. One thing I am interested is that to have got this far with Lowe and Co he must have provided some form of 'proof of funds' or 'funds in escrow' in order to show that he could buy them out at least. I wonder if we have heard the last of this issue if the middle east money has disappeared - if it existed as others have queried.

To be fair, he didn't get anywhere with Lowe, as the first thing he did when he got back into his office, was cancel the LSE announcement, and publicly state that we were not in talks with anyone.

That ship has sailed. There will be no takeover by Paul Allen, Fulthorpe, Abu Dabi sheikh, Richard Branson, unknown oil baron, Taiwanese crook, or any other entity with more than 50 pence in their pocket. We're dead. Ru**rt and the traitor have completed the task.

Dead? So Ru**rt and the traitor have completed the task of losing all their money, do you really believe they want to do this?