Goals on SSN (Rovers 1 - 5 Saints)

Charlie2008

Sky highlights now on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxcUOw0tX0

Think the Rickie free kick took a bounce of some uneven ground... You decide !

It definitely did, but he made it bounce there. No deflection at all, just hit the ground right in front of the goalie where it was a bit worn out. Our relentless chant of "dodgy keeper" as he was lining it up must have helped too. :D

Pitch was absolutely fine with the exception of about 2 square yards of the 6 yard box.

Thanks TS. Appreciate the effort.

Looks like it was easy for them. Especially Lallana's goal. He took it so casually.

You wouldn't have said that in the 42nd minute with us 1-0 down and Hammond having just missed a sitter with his head, I assure you.

Morgan's goal... feckin' 'ell. :o:o

Anyone else reminded of MLT's Wimbledon free kick watching that? Sublime. Yet ANOTHER goal to add to this season's goal of the season competition.

Not really, if you mean the one MLT juggled and looped over the wall?

He shinned it, one of the reasons it dipped and swerved so much :D.

Doh. The9 in 'didn't read the whole post' shocker. ;)

And yes, the way he hit it was very reminiscent of MLT's strike... very sweet.

Soz - someone grassed and it's been removed - hey ho, least some people got to see it.

Not having a go at you, cheers for getting them on there so quick.

But we all know the highlights are gonna end up in the public domain anyway, why do they have to be such tits?

when do they normally get on to the BBC site?

Some point after midnight tonight. Sometimes it's early-ish, sometimes it's 8/9 am ish, but it's always the second morning after the game (i.e. Monday after a Sat game, so Thursday after a Tues game)

Anyone else reminded of MLT's Wimbledon free kick watching that? Sublime. Yet ANOTHER goal to add to this season's goal of the season competition.

Doh. The9 in 'didn't read the whole post' shocker. ;)

And yes, the way he hit it was very reminiscent of MLT's strike... very sweet.

Huh ? Are you referring to my... "edit" ?

Loving this conversation. Minty obviously didnt read it properly and got confused by The9's reference to walls and freekicks and assumed The9 misread the original post and was on about Lamberst freekick; when in fact The9 was still talking about Morgans volley (the link being, as Ari first noted, that the movement of the ball from Morgan's volley was like the movement after MLT volleyed his own knock up v Wimbledon).

At leasts that's my take on it.

Loving this conversation. Minty obviously didnt read it properly and got confused by The9's reference to walls and freekicks and assumed The9 misread the original post and was on about Lamberst freekick; when in fact The9 was still talking about Morgans volley (the link being, as Ari first noted, that the movement of the ball from Morgan's volley was like the movement after MLT volleyed his own knock up v Wimbledon).

The fact that I *did* misread it, posted about Lambert's free-kick, then realised, edited it and left the stuff about Schneiderlin's shot (and presumably Minty saw the original but by the time he'd quoted the message I'd changed it) adds to the comedy value.

FWIW I don't think either Morgan's shinner or Lambert's divot-kick were remotely like MLT's goal, other than both of them did some looping, both caused by completely different kicking methods to MLT's ball juggle goal.

Yes, I was refering to the effortless looking volley from the edge of the area and the way the ball dipped into the top corner.