Michael Brown for a Million

70's Mike

Get real! A million pounds for a slow turning cruncher at the wrong end of his career.

Not even as a free...would stink the place out anyway

For a million, not a chance. But on a free, if the wages were right as a replacement for Wotton? Unless you've got a better defensive midfielder in mind than wouldn't be the worst deal in the world.

Edit: Although O'Hara is complete c**t, I would have him in my team any day of the week - unfortunately he'll be playing in the prem whether its at Spuds or somewhere else.

Edited by Gorgiesaint

Probably!

Finnan and Rocha on a free would do as well :)

@ benjii: Don't know if your message was intended as a joke, but please no Rocha. Slower than my dead grandmother. He must have a very good agent, though, as his contract in Belgium was terminated early and he found a way to make money down the road.

We already have a fouling red carder in morgan.

Unfortunately collecting a few red cards seems to be the stamp of some of the better players in the world of football. Getting red cards doesn't make you a good player but few of the very best escape them entirely.Beckham,Zidane,Maradonna,Viera,Rooney,Gerrard,Cantona..they've all had their fair share in the past.

Michael Brown is a c*nt of the highest order imo, some of the challenges he has made throughout his career have been horrendous. Every player makes the odd bad challenge every now and then, but MB seems to do it on a regular basis. £1m as well!?

No, thanks.

Jamie Ashdown is a good shout imo, would be fantastic back-up for Kelvin or perhaps first choice for next season. Bit unfair on Bart though, as he did well when called upon earlier this season.

Actually would agree with you on Ashdown but potentially first choice. I know Kelvin did well last season but he just hasn't commanded the penalty box & his defence in the way I would have expected someone of his experience in L1 this season.

We've conceeded a goal a games this season with a defence that was widely regarded as the best in L1 at the start of the season.

Michael Brown is **** AND a ****.

I'd take Belhadj in a second.

I'd take Belhadj & O'Hara but neither are going to join us - they are PL quality players. Brown will do a job in L1 next season & the Championship the season after, and fills a position that we're lacking in.

(Thats not to say we shouldn't try and get Belhadj BTW)

Actually would agree with you on Ashdown but potentially first choice. I know Kelvin did well last season but he just hasn't commanded the penalty box & his defence in the way I would have expected someone of his experience in L1 this season.

We've conceeded a goal a games this season with a defence that was widely regarded as the best in L1 at the start of the season.

Erm, what? Defence best in the League at the start of the season??? Wasn't our defence James, Perry, Thomas, Harding?

Not the best defence in the League. Not even close.

I'd take Belhadj & O'Hara but neither are going to join us - they are PL quality players. Brown will do a job in L1 next season & the Championship the season after, and fills a position that we're lacking in.

(Thats not to say we shouldn't try and get Belhadj BTW)

Richard Hughes is a better player than Brown.

What about Jimmy Bullard from Hull. Unlikely to play again for them but on massive wages.

Fair point, but Kelvin isn't really the commanding type of goalie imo. He's not really a physical presence, but he does pull out some really top-drawer saves when they're needed the most, and he is a very intelligent and sensible guy on the pitch, a cool head when needed. Ashdown would be perfect for 2010/11 on a rotation basis with Super Kelv, then perhaps succeeding him in the future as Kelvin nears retirement (remember, he's 32 atm, not sure how much longer he will be playing/can play at this level or higher for).

On his day though, Kelvin is a fantastic player for us and a real talisman.

Erm, what? Defence best in the League at the start of the season??? Wasn't our defence James, Perry, Thomas, Harding?

Not the best defence in the League. Not even close.

I remember Kelvin with Murty, Perry, Jaidi & Harding being lauded by some on here - ok it hasn't worked out as solid as some expected but anyway, back to the point - Ashdown & Brown would do a job for us next season.

May be a bit ambitious, but what about Michael Johnson and maybe even Benjani from Man City.

:lol:

Benjani would miss the flight down.

He would destroy League One too. That would arguably be the best signing ever. Not going to happen.

In terms of talent, age and wage demands Mark Wilson, Gael Nlundulu and Liam O'Brien are the only players owned by the skates that I'd look to take off their hands. Wilson had a shocker against us, but has done well having been `dropped in at the deep end' in that side. Moved into midfield the skates have been raving about him. I wouldn't be surprised if another Prem side bought him though. O'Brien would be absolutely perfect as number 3 keeper at our place. Nlundulu is another great young prospect that arry apparently considered stealing from them earlier in the season.

May be a bit ambitious, but what about Michael Johnson and maybe even Benjani from Man City.

Michael Johnson is a massive **** head, I saw a picture of him the other day and he looked like he had put on about three stone from the season where he broke into the City team.

Would be a fantastic signing if he could cut back a bit, looked like a future England international a few years ago.

If he's good enough to play for a Premiership club (albeit a crap one) he's certainly good enough to play for us in League 1.

Is he though...would he get in to any other PL side? I think not which makes him a CCC player at best & not that good a one...when you think that we got Fonte from a Championsip club it's difficult to see why we'd bother with him in my opinion.

Better players available & a million quid is b*llsh*t android fantasy money..tainted fantasy money:rolleyes:

Would still prefer Pickion (sp?).

Think he is on loan to the skates from Lyon. Probably couldn't entice him to div 3, he is too good. An outstanding player imho and the only reason the skates are back at wembley.

Piquionne? As in

Piquionne?

I admit, he's not done too badly this season in a pretty poor team, but I don't think he's Prem quality and he certainly wouldn't want to come to a L1 team. Rumour has it that he thinks the Skates are way above his level :rolleyes:

George Boateng perhaps? Getting on a bit but could definately add a lot to the team in my opinion

The potential administration Hull face by going down are in no small part down to Boatengs wages. His wage demands were so big even Boro turned him down hence the move to Hull.