Markus not happy that he couldn't get to the game

NickG

This is what happened, pretty obvious, this place is for mad fookers who love conspiracy, bunch of weirdo's, I blame Baj and Steve Grant for letting it happen.

forums need moans and conspiracies!

Anyone with any intelligence would read that article and find that in fact Mr.Lierbherr was unable to travel on sunday, meaning that people obviously assumed he wasnt there because he wasnt happy and the meeting on wednesday (which is probably to do with reviewing the season, seeing what needs to be done over summer to make promotion push next year etc) into a Pardew is going to be sacked meeting.

Rumours and conspiracy theories will proliferate until the OS breaks its silence.

If the OS has a point, surely it is to let us know what is going on.

And I would have expected Marcus to be at the game and am surprised there has been no mention on the OS, though slightly less surprised than that there has been no explanation of why there were no programmes and and that there has been no response to rumours of a meeting on Wednesday.

And a new manager? It's all beginning to sound depressingly familiar. The club must be aware of fans' unease and should allay any fears, otherwise the good will they have built up will fall away..

Everybody needs to calm down. Half the problem is general thirst for instant information all of the time. People get themselves worked up into a frenzy about what often turns out to be nothing. Its not a conspiracy, they'll announce whatever they have or don't have to say when they are in a situation to do so i'm sure. In the meantime people need to chill out, the season finished 2 days ago......

Edited by Andyb1

Everybody needs to calm down. Half the problem is general thirst for instant information all of the time. People get themselves worked up into a frenzy about what often turns out to be nothing. Its not a conspiracy, they'll whatever the have or don't have to say when they are in a situation to do so i'm sure. In the meantime people need to chill out, the season finished 2 days ago......

This is obviously the correct point to make.

There are so many whiny, self-obsessed oddballs in society these days.

Everybody needs to calm down. Half the problem is general thirst for instant information all of the time. People get themselves worked up into a frenzy about what often turns out to be nothing. Its not a conspiracy, they'll whatever the have or don't have to say when they are in a situation to do so i'm sure. In the meantime people need to chill out, the season finished 2 days ago......

No, this is NOT the correct point to make. An explanation for the programme fiasco is needed today, and it needs to be plausible, or there is no point in giving one at all, and they might as well close down the OS as it will have proved itself as totally pointless and irrelevant.

No, this is NOT the correct point to make. An explanation for the programme fiasco is needed today, and it needs to be plausible, or there is no point in giving one at all, and they might as well close down the OS as it will have proved itself as totally pointless and irrelevant.

I'm sure there will be an announcement about the programmes at some point.

Why is it needed today? Can't you cope without it? Weird.

No, this is NOT the correct point to make.An exlanation for the programme fiasco is needed today, and it needs to be plausible, or there is no point in giving one at all, and they might as well close down the OS as it will have proved itself as totally pointless and irrelevant.

You won`t get it! From the "No Programme" thread:-

Got my answer in about 2 hours.....and here it is.

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Saturday's Matchday Programme.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, this programme was removed from circulation. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any copies of this programme for any purpose. Naturally, we do apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

The Club will not be making any further comment on this issue

Regards

David

David Luker

Head of Supporter Services

Southampton Football Club

So we are no more the wiser ay?

I think he may have to. A struggle it will be i'm sure but if you REALLY try and i'm mean your hardest. You may survive.

I imagine he has every programme since 1953, blah, blah, blah and is just really gutted about the whole thing. In which case... meh.

In which case he'd be one of the few who got his in the post already...

..the weirdest thing about all of this is that the programme IS clearly out there in the public domain, and there's nothing stopping anyone from uploading it.

By the time the club get a copyright strop put on it everyone will have copy for themselves downloaded from that source, and it'll be completely pointless trying to suppress it anyway.

This Pardew, Cortese, Markus speculation currently rife on the forum, sure makes a change from the usual end of season rumours along the lines of

1) Who is buying/saving the club from extinction?

2) Which of our best players are we about to lose?

3) Who will be the manager?

4) Will we actually get some proper preparation and pre season before August?

I'm with you on this one. If the club had a policy of instantly refuting every single half-a*sed rumour dreamt up by the media they'd have to spend the whole summer releasing statements! When there's something meaningful to tell us, I'm sure they'll tell us, but it'll be on their timescale and not that of the impatient few.

..the weirdest thing about all of this is that the programme IS clearly out there in the public domain, and there's nothing stopping anyone from uploading it.

People on here have seen it, Steve Grant for one - and guess what - there is nothing in it to fuel any conspiracy / coverup rumour. I have no idea why the programme was withdrawn - but since the editorial content appears innocuous its more likely it was because of some quality or contractual issue.

This Pardew, Cortese, Markus speculation currently rife on the forum, sure makes a change from the usual end of season rumours along the lines of

1) Who is buying/saving the club from extinction?

2) Which of our best players are we about to lose?

3) Who will be the manager?

4) Will we actually get some proper preparation and pre season before August?

1) The people we're complaining about

2) Lambert/Lallana/Fonte/everyone, have you not seen the other threads?

3) Pardew/Hughes, have you not seen the other threads?

4) Probably not if we sack the manager, have you not... etc?

People on here have seen it, Steve Grant for one - and guess what - there is nothing in it to fuel any conspiracy / coverup rumour. I have no idea why the programme was withdrawn - but since the editorial content appears innocuous its more likely it was because of some quality or contractual issue.

I know, he told me in the pub on Saturday, and I mentioned it twice in this thread already...

...my point is that in terms of stopping people getting hold of it, the worst thing they can do is try and suppress it as it only makes people interested.

Seeing as they're presumably trying to build interest in STs and the new kits by restricting information on them, you'd think they'd realise this...

I know, he told me in the pub on Saturday, and I mentioned it twice in this thread already...

...my point is that in terms of stopping people getting hold of it, the worst thing they can do is try and suppress it as it only makes people interested.

Seeing as they're presumably trying to build interest in STs and the new kits by restricting information on them, you'd think they'd realise this...

Given the frequency with which you've heard, I surprised you havent grasped the issue yet. Its most likely a contractual rather than editorial problem. Circulating the offending programme will likely lead to someone getting sued.

I don't get it.

I'd have thought that the owner would have written a bit for the last programme of the year at least saying how pleased he is at the progress made during the year, at so nearly getting to the playoffs, at the JPT win.

Not only no article, but withdrawn programmes. I do think Pardew's comment about not getting what their efforts deserve may have been code for something else, not just that we failed to get a deserved place in the playoffs.

Given it was the last game of the season, which ML couldn't get to because of flight disruptions, I'd have thought some expression of regret about that to the local press and on the OS might have been an obvious thing to do.

Its all very well taking the position that we don't respond to every bit of gossip and rumour, but sometimes good fan relations demand it, and it does no good to ignore that.

Pardew's own published comments are sounding somewhat irritated and perhaps a bit dispirited.

Whether anything is wrong or not, the impression is certainly being generated that things are not right. And that bad atmoshere can grow into something more serious if not dealt with effectively and promptly.

Maybe NC thinks that Wednesday is soon enough, and isn't going to be provoked, but it's what we haven't heard from ML that is ringing alarm bells for me.

My own view is that what we might be seeing here was an attempt to buy a club cheaply, get some quick success, and sell dear in 2-3 years time. And I have a feeling they see their programme slipping, and possibly even slipping again... or that "someone" is getting bored now.

Edited by hughieslastminutegoal

Given the frequency with which you've heard, I surprised you havent grasped the issue yet. Its most likely a contractual rather than editorial problem. Circulating the offending programme will likely lead to someone getting sued.

So you reckon someone paid for advertisement space to encourage fans to buy goods or services, defined what the advert would look like, then decided at the very last minute that if we distributed it they'd sue us?

Or that someone else would sue them?

I would think that would be a first for a football programme!

I'd be gobsmacked if that were the case.

Well, according to Victor we may as well close down the OS then.

Presumably you are called Benjii as you are a little puppy - the club's puppy?

They have now said they are not going to give us an explanation - that makes it weirder in my view.

If you are happy to be treated with contempt, then OK.

My own view is that what we might be seeing here was an attempt to buy a club cheaply, get some quick success, and sell dear in 2-3 years time. And I have a feeling they see their programme slipping, and possibly even slipping again... or that "someone" is getting bored now.

Just a quick question for anyone who can answer... Has the building work started on the Staplewood redevelopment yet and/or when is it scheduled for completion?

I thought they said ready end of July initially, but have heard nothing since. Is this project a goer or has it gone to the back burner perhaps?

Presumably you are called Benjii as you are a little puppy - the club's puppy?

They have now said they are not going to give us an explanation - that makes it weirder in my view.

If you are happy to be treated with contempt, then OK.

Contempt?

You're right, I must stand up for man's inalienable right to be sold a matchday programme. Shame on me.