2010 Toulon Tournament - Live on Eurosport (18th May - 27th May)

Matthew Le God

It is Saints related...;) Cheer on Morgan!

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2052209,00.html

Every game is being shown on British Eurosport and I will probably be watching the French games as Morgan Schneiderlin is the only player in the French squad that is not based in France. Lets hope he plays. :)

The 2010 Toulon Tournament will be begin on 18th May and is schedule to end on 27th May 2010. It is an invitational tournament for Under 21 national teams (since 1974). A lot of big name players have played in this over the years and this year has teams from four continents.

2010 Groups

Group A

France

Columbia

Ivory Coast

Japan

Group B

Chile

Qatar

Russia

Denmark

Fixture & TV Schedule

Tue 18 May 16:45 TBC Toulon Tournament British Eurosport 2 (16:45-18:30)

Tue 18 May 18:55 France v Colombia Toulon Tournament British Eurosport 2 (18:55-20:45)

Wed 19 May 16:30 Chile v Qatar Toulon Tournament British Eurosport (16:30-18:15)

Wed 19 May 18:40 Denmark v Russia Toulon Tournament British Eurosport (18:40-20:30)

Thu 20 May 16:30 Colombia v Ivory Coast Toulon Tournament British Eurosport (16:30-18:30)

Thu 20 May 19:00 The group stages Toulon Tournament British Eurosport 2 (19:00-20:45)

Fri 21 May 16:30 Denmark v Qatar Toulon Tournament British Eurosport (16:30-18:30)

Sat 22 May 16:45 Ivory Coast v France Toulon Tournament British Eurosport (16:45-18:45)

Sat 22 May 16:45 The group stages Toulon Tournament British Eurosport 2 (16:45-18:30)

Sun 23 May 18:00 Qatar v Russia Toulon Tournament British Eurosport 2 (18:00-19:00)

Tue 25 May 17:30 Semi-Finals Toulon Tournament British Eurosport 2 (17:30-19:15)

Tue 25 May 20:00 Semi-Finals Toulon Tournament British Eurosport 2 (20:00-21:45)

Thu 27 May 20:00 Final Toulon Tournament British Eurosport 2 (20:00-21:45)

History

Year	 Winner

1967     Anderlecht
1974	 Poland	 	
1975     Argentina	
1976	 Bulgaria	 
1977	 France	
1978	 Hungary	
1979	 Soviet Union
1980	 Brazil	 
1981	 Brazil	
1982	 Yugoslavia	 
1983	 Brazil	
1984	 France	 
1985	 France	
1986	 Bulgaria	 
1987	 France	 
1988	 France	 
1989	 France	 
1990	 England	 
1991	 England	 
1992	 Portugal	 
1993	 England	 
1994	 England	 
1995	 Brazil	 
1996	 Brazil	
1997	 France	 
1998	 Argentina	 
1999	 Colombia	 
2000	 Colombia	
2001	 Portugal	 
2002	 Brazil	
2003	 Portugal	
2004	 France	
2005	 France	 
2006	 France	 
2007	 France	
2008	 Italy	 
2009	 Chile	 

Edited by Matthew Le God

Almost hope he gets overlooked and sits on the bench.

If he plays as well for France as he has for us this season then I've no doubt the scouts from biggers sides in England and France will come calling before too long.

Although if he does end up on the bench, he may think to himself 'If I was playing for a better team I'd be starting here' and consequently want to leave us.

Almost hope he gets overlooked and sits on the bench.

If he plays as well for France as he has for us this season then I've no doubt the scouts from biggers sides in England and France will come calling before too long.

If he is at this tournament i would argue that his pedigree is already common(ish) knowledge and so he is being looked at.

I do half agree though, i'd hate to see him leave

If he is at this tournament i would argue that his pedigree is already common(ish) knowledge and so he is being looked at.

I do half agree though, i'd hate to see him leave

If we lose him or Lallana I'd be gutted, they're the two who we would really struggle to replace IMO, would be great to fly up the leagues with them both.

Although if he does end up on the bench' date=' he may think to himself 'If I was playing for a better team I'd be starting here' and consequently want to leave us.[/quote']

Nope Morgan starts, number 12 if that's any use for identification purposes, don't think it'll be too hard to spot him though, unless of course it's been extremely sunny on the Cote d'Azur these last couple of days :).

Nope Morgan starts, number 12 if that's any use for identification purposes, don't think it'll be too hard to spot him though, unless of course it's been extremely sunny on the Cote d'Azur these last couple of days :).

I think it was during the last world cup I heard France described as "the best African team in the competition"

Definitely some truth in that statement. I don't think i could support them if I was French.

I think it was during the last world cup I heard France described as "the best African team in the competition"

Definitely some truth in that statement. I don't think i could support them if I was French.

Why's that?

OOHHHH What a goal!!! Why doesnt he do that for us??!!

I think it's just because he plays a lot deeper for us, earlier in the season when we played 4-5-1 with Wotton, Schneiderlin and Hammond in the middle Schneiderlin was pushed up in a similar sort of role and came very close to scoring a few times. He would have scored away against Southend if he wasn't hacked down in the box (should have been a pen) then he had a terrible miss away at Oldham when pretty much anyone on the pitch would have scored.

Can see him getting a few for us next season now he's got the confidence to take up those positions and ask for the ball.

I think it's just because he plays a lot deeper for us, earlier in the season when we played 4-5-1 with Wotton, Schneiderlin and Hammond in the middle Schneiderlin was pushed up in a similar sort of role and came very close to scoring a few times. He would have scored away against Southend if he wasn't hacked down in the box (should have been a pen) then he had a terrible miss away at Oldham when pretty much anyone on the pitch would have scored.

Can see him getting a few for us next season now he's got the confidence to take up those positions and ask for the ball.

He is playing the holding role for France tonight just infront of the centre backs and doing it very well winning alot of challenges and spraying the ball around from deep.

He's playing as deep tonight. The difference is the amount of time and space he's getting on the ball - you just don't get that in League 1.

He is playing the holding role for France tonight just infront of the centre backs and doing it very well winning alot of challenges and spraying the ball around from deep.

Fair enough, I was only half watching while putting up some blinds, I only really turned round to the screen everytime I heard his name. :D

Played football with a bloke in South London last night who knows you, used to live over in Dubai as well.

Oh carp. That narrows it down to about 18,976,432 people, all of whom want me Dead or Alive...

OR in my TSW Forum Match persona, well, what did you expect, you took part in a Sport event & I am a Global Sporting Legend, Who was it? Teddy Sheringham? Gordon Ramsey? Tiger Woods? et al... :smt044

Oh carp. That narrows it down to about 18,976,432 people, all of whom want me Dead or Alive...

OR in my TSW Forum Match persona, well, what did you expect, you took part in a Sport event & I am a Global Sporting Legend, Who was it? Teddy Sheringham? Gordon Ramsey? Tiger Woods? et al... :smt044

Haha, yeah. Issue is I can't remember his name. Met him for the first time. Lives in Wandsworth now.

He played well. Good goal, some excellent passing and positional play, and some real snap in his tackles (and the usual pointless booking). The commentators commented on his, just about, one misplaced pass towards the end, "the first one" they noticed.

Haha, yeah. Issue is I can't remember his name. Met him for the first time. Lives in Wandsworth now.

Oh HIM

Wotshisname thingumybob bloke chappy matey.

Well if you run in to him again tell him we must do lunch

Meanwhile well played Morgan. Have delegated the GF to go find the World Cup Satellitte Channel subscription that inculdes Eurosport access maybe insh'allah bukra malesh

Cracking goal, a few more of those next season wouldn't go amiss Mr Schneiderlin! Hopefully we can hang onto him because he's really starting to show his potential now, we'd be stupid to sell him now unless we're talking silly money.

I wonder if Pards is watching and taking notes on his positioning on the pitch, next season we should play him in less of a flat central midfield so he can play more in front of the centre backs in a Xabi Alonso role. More like:

---------ST--------

LW--------------RW

-----CM----CM-----

---------MS--------