14480 Attendance tonight

exit2

Im hoping with a good result at Coventry we will see a big improvement on the next home gate.

It looked very bare tonight and was a sad sight. But looking at other attendances around the league, it was to bad.

Only good point of it all is that I got home 20 mins after the final whistle.

Very disappointing crowd. In fact it was pathetic!! Even Norwich manage to get 23k+ for home games.

I find it very annoying that so many decide not to go despite some very good performances. OK the 0-0 was pretty dire, but the other performances warrant the supporters.

It is about time some supporters grow up and get over their pathetic view of Lowe and realise that it is the players that need their support. They are young and lack experience so need that extra lift at home matches.

So to those that are still not going because of Lowe, grow up and get behind the team!!!

Very disappointing crowd. In fact it was pathetic!! Even Norwich manage to get 23k+ for home games.

I find it very annoying that so many decide not to go despite some very good performances. OK the 0-0 was pretty dire, but the other performances warrant the supporters.

It is about time some supporters grow up and get over their pathetic view of Lowe and realise that it is the players that need their support. They are young and lack experience so need that extra lift at home matches.

So to those that are still not going because of Lowe, grow up and get behind the team!!!

Norwich is geographically isolated therefore the fans that live in Norfolk are more inclined to be home fans.

As for those not going because of Lowe - have you noticed how our away following has increased. I remember us taking hardly any fans to places like Middlesbrough and Blackburn in our Premiership days, yet we took a shed load up to Doncaster. If more fans are doing aways so as not to line Lowes pockets then this may well have a positive effect on the points we accrue on our travels.

I wouldn't say that's surprising. Parents shouldn't be keeping their kids up until gone 10pm on a school day just to watch a game of football.

Good point.

And as for Norwich, we were talking about that tonight and I think alot of that is down to their ground capacity. With about 23,000 for home fans and a good record of season tickets there is mentality of needing a season ticket to ensure you can watch a game (I think they have capped their season tickets at 20,000 this season and so only have a walk up availibility of about 3,000).

This perpetuates itself, whereas with us you know you can get a ticket anytime with 30,000 seats, and therefore season tickets aren't needed. And as season tickets underpin attendances it's obvious what happens next.

Norwich is geographically isolated therefore the fans that live in Norfolk are more inclined to be home fans.

As for those not going because of Lowe - have you noticed how our away following has increased. I remember us taking hardly any fans to places like Middlesbrough and Blackburn in our Premiership days, yet we took a shed load up to Doncaster. If more fans are doing aways so as not to line Lowes pockets then this may well have a positive effect on the points we accrue on our travels.

We have always had good away support. I used to to travel all over the country in teh 80's and early 90's so know we used to take good numbers to matches.

It is total b(*))ocks to say "..to line Lowes pockets..." The club needs funds and the budget is based on a certain number attending home matches and we are almost certianly below that figure. The club needs income, we have a squad pf players that are playing with passion and desire and they need our support as much at home as away. So put away your small minded arguments about Lowe and get behind the manager and the team; they deserve our support and just over 14k is not just pathetic it is very embarassing!!

Did Donny and am now seriously gonna try and make Chaventry.

But there's not a chance i'll do St Marys and feather Lowes nest.

That's just wonderful that you'll deprive Saints of £24.99 to prevent Lowe getting 1p. I think you need to get a reality check

Im no 'lowe luvvie' but this is just rediculas. You missed out on a brilliant nights entertainment and a decent performence because of your childish hatred of a man u've (probably) never met?

More fool you I say.

jeez.

lowe doesn't take the money home and pay it in his personal account in the morning:rolleyes:

if "fans" continue to stay away the club are going to have to either

a) sell some good youngsters to survive or

b) sell some good youngsters and eventually go into admin as the kids comin through dry up.

the club need as many fans in what is a decisive time or even darkest hour.

As for those not going because of Lowe - have you noticed how our away following has increased. I remember us taking hardly any fans to places like Middlesbrough and Blackburn in our Premiership days, yet we took a shed load up to Doncaster. If more fans are doing aways so as not to line Lowes pockets then this may well have a positive effect[/b] on the points we accrue on our travels.

true, but there's plenty that go to neither too, and say the "not going while lowe's there" to sound like a "top red(and white)"

That's just wonderful that you'll deprive Saints of £24.99 to prevent Lowe getting 1p. I think you need to get a reality check

Individually it's pathetic, but when thousands of fans boycott because of Lowe it's a different kettle of fish. Rightly or wrongly i truely believe that in depriving the club of money it's be best way of forcing Lowe and Wilde to give their shares away and then someone like Fulthorpe can hoover us up and at least provide a modicum of investment. Therefore it's my belief that boycotting is helping the club out.

Individually it's pathetic, but when thousands of fans boycott because of Lowe it's a different kettle of fish. Rightly or wrongly i truely believe that in depriving the club of money it's be best way of forcing Lowe and Wilde to give their shares away and then someone like Fulthorpe can hoover us up and at least provide a modicum of investment. Therefore it's my belief that boycotting is helping the club out.

Not going to happen like that TS.

a bit misguided imo.

how did you come to the conclusion that lowe and wilde will give their shares away because you boycott games?

why would they give many thousands of pounds of shares away,they would have to be clinically insane to give that sort of money away,they didnt get rich by doing that sort of transaction.

you are entitled to your stance but your logic is not very logical tbh.

sorry but i think you are mistaken.

I dont believe for one moment that this scenario will happen.

The best way we can support our club is to go to home games, no matter who is chairman. IMHO of course.

Personally i think Lowe is a tosser of the highest degree but i am buggered if i will let him dictate how/when i support my club.

Fans that are "boycotting" SMS becouse of Lowe/Wilde are cutting their noses off IMO.

Lets get behind the team.

Col.

So you would rather watch Saints go into administration??

I would yes.

Me and about 20,000 others who refuse to turn up to see a reserve team play.

As long as 14,000 muppets keep turning up we will never get the club we all yearn for.

Edited by AwaySaint1

And you'll be the first to criticise Lowe when we have to sell Lallana in January because we didn't get enough in gate receipts to pay the bills.

I would yes.

As long as 14,000 muppets keep turning up we will never get the club we all yearn for.

Well LOL@YOU. Dunno bout anyone else, but im enjoying it. Watch them crawl back when we're doing alright again.

I would yes.

Not chuffed at being called a muppet mate ... I for one would rather support the kids than the shower of ****e that we endured last season ... perhaps you prefer watching overpaid, over-the-hill mercenaries ... or, perhaps you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Either way, stay away mate ... doubt you'll be missed.

I would yes.

This message is just such utter nonsense. We were utter rubbish last year and the year before etc. The football we are playing now is real football with 100% effort and not a small amount of skill.

What do you want Mr Bitter and twisted - what we had last year - a team of over rated over paid 'experienced' has beens or some very entertaining skillful football which is a joy to watch???????

High value transfers do not automatically mean promotion. Drop your bitterness and go along and support your team. Even if you don't agree with RL, forgiveness cleanses the soul and you feel so much better as a person for dropping the heavy weight of blame which you carry to no ones benefit least of all the team you 'claim' to support! Drop your misplaced principles and come and enjoy your team again - you might just enjoy yourself!

You sad ignorant individual. Are you just simple or just a vindictive, vacuous cretin? You are no doubt the chav who put the chav in Chaventry as you don't seem to have the intelligence to realise that by avoiding home games you and others like you are not feathering Lowes nest but your action is more akin to dumping in your own home and preventing the opportunity for the club to lay a few more eggs in the nest and continue its re-birth.

Continuing on a feathered theme you show all the attributes of a cuckoo and to put it mildly you are at best completely cuckoo. Even Leon Crouch still supports the team at home and I suspect he has more to be miffed at than you and your pathetic little protest.

People talk about the fantastic support at Doncaster but if half our number were there because they can't see their team play at home because they are prejudice towards the board their support, if we can call it that, is questionable, unhelpful (feathering the nest of our opponents instaed of ourselves) and about as welcome as the bell ringing skate in the Northam.

Clearly, you support a plan of all Saints fans going to away games and stay away from home games just to oust Lowe? If we all did that your plan would succeed but there would be nothing left to takeover. Can your tiny mind understand that? Thankfully, between 13,000 and 14,000 of us are bemused by your 'protest' and look forward to seeing you back at SMS when you realise you may actually be missing out on something worthwhile. Personally, you will be about as welcome as the plastic premiership fans or god forbid some half-baked consortium based takeover.

The future of this club is in the hands of those at the club today from groundstaff all the way through to the players, coaches and directors. Deal with it and support their collective efforts or find another club worthy of your so called support.

Well done everyone who actually made the effort to turn up tonight. takes a lot of courage to turn up to a game like this as it didn't look easy at all. and as of the form, it's been ok but not good enough. but 2 wins in a row is very impressive. hopefully we can keep on winning.

it was nice to be sat with real fans!

Thankfully, between 13,000 and 14,000 of us are bemused by your 'protest'

I think nearer the truth is that more than half the crowd purchased season tickets before the team news for the season was that everyone would now be paying to see the reserves in action.

Be interesting to see how many purchase next year.

I am bemused by the fact that many fans cannot come clean and admit they have been sold a duck again.

Awaysaint1,i wonder if youve seen saints this season,cos let me just say to you that this team have given more passion,sweat,commitment than any of the sh*** weve had to watch over the last couple of seasons.you can say they are our reserves if you like but actually they are now our first team,so get over your hatred of lowe,most of us dont like him and get back to sms and or away to support saints.ffs their your and my team and without us going there is no sfc.coyr

You sad ignorant individual. Are you just simple or just a vindictive, vacuous cretin? You are no doubt the chav who put the chav in Chaventry as you don't seem to have the intelligence to realise that by avoiding home games you and others like you are not feathering Lowes nest but your action is more akin to dumping in your own home and preventing the opportunity for the club to lay a few more eggs in the nest and continue its re-birth.

Continuing on a feathered theme you show all the attributes of a cuckoo and to put it mildly you are at best completely cuckoo. Even Leon Crouch still supports the team at home and I suspect he has more to be miffed at than you and your pathetic little protest.

People talk about the fantastic support at Doncaster but if half our number were there because they can't see their team play at home because they are prejudice towards the board their support, if we can call it that, is questionable, unhelpful (feathering the nest of our opponents instaed of ourselves) and about as welcome as the bell ringing skate in the Northam.

Clearly, you support a plan of all Saints fans going to away games and stay away from home games just to oust Lowe? If we all did that your plan would succeed but there would be nothing left to takeover. Can your tiny mind understand that? Thankfully, between 13,000 and 14,000 of us are bemused by your 'protest' and look forward to seeing you back at SMS when you realise you may actually be missing out on something worthwhile. Personally, you will be about as welcome as the plastic premiership fans or god forbid some half-baked consortium based takeover.

The future of this club is in the hands of those at the club today from groundstaff all the way through to the players, coaches and directors. Deal with it and support their collective efforts or find another club worthy of your so called support.

Sundance your postings are becoming even more extreme, it seems that you wish to be regarded by most of us as doppleganger of Scooby.

Have you ever felt so stronly about something in your life that it makes you angry, have you any understanding of the words morality or principle?

Lowe like it or not screwed up big time, first time around, his attitude to his paying public and his name calling was nothing short of disgraceful.

His lack of investment after the cup final in players Strachan needed to sign and his subsequent refusal ensured our relegation.

Is it any wonder that many people on here decided on his return that they will not prop up a regime that was led by this pompous judas.

Guest Hacienda
That's the attitude we need to bolster the kids and stave off administration!

But "Lowe's body of men, 10,000 strong" will make up the numbers. :rolleyes:

I would yes.

Wind your neck in!

This "reserve team" are playing very well but you wouldn't know that would you!

Standing ovation for a substituted player.

Nobody left early.

Everyone off their feet at the final whistle to applaud the ENTIRE team.

Frankly we could have won 10-3

I throughly enjoyed it. So did everyone around me and I would guess everyone there did too.

Anyone who wasn't there missed a real treat.

Keep playing like that and the fans will come back. Everyone has their reasons for not going, but IMO anyone staying away for political reasons are cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Go along, the odds are you will see a good game of open football, with committed Saints players and you might actually enjoy it.

Well done everyone who actually made the effort to turn up tonight. takes a lot of courage to turn up to a game like this as it didn't look easy at all. and as of the form, it's been ok but not good enough. but 2 wins in a row is very impressive. hopefully we can keep on winning.

it was nice to be sat with real fans!

I said said simular after the Ipswich game, although times are difficult atm i have to say im enjoying going to the games more now than ever before, infact i cant get enough!

I think this is largely down to being with the "Real Fans" it makes a fantastic atmosphere as they are all together and although the team is young you can see them developing and growing in confidence and i want to be able to say I WAS THERE when the other 15,000 start coming back!

So be part of something special and help the revival of SFC you can be a part of history!

GO TO THE WATFORD GAME AND SING YA HEARTS OUT!

End of rant!

Guest Hacienda
Wind your neck in!

This "reserve team" are playing very well but you wouldn't know that would you!

Quite a lot of people still feel that way I'm afraid.

Only consistant winning will change that.

Guest Hacienda
Standing ovation for a substituted player.

Nobody left early.

Everyone off their feet at the final whistle to applaud the ENTIRE team.

Frankly we could have won 10-3

I throughly enjoyed it. So did everyone around me and I would guess everyone there did too.

Anyone who wasn't there missed a real treat.

Keep playing like that and the fans will come back. Everyone has their reasons for not going, but IMO anyone staying away for political reasons are cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Go along, the odds are you will see a good game of open football, with committed Saints players and you might actually enjoy it.

I think part of the issue has been that good peformances have been followed by bad performances on Sky. Those are the games that the "floating" fan sees.