Reading away Nov 22nd

Hatch

I hope to god it's not like a lot of games where we have a big following and some are sat down and don't sing. If you are behind me and telling me to sit down next Saturday you will be told in no uncertain terms to **** off.

And I shall be having a party no matter what the score as we all expect to lose.

Sales going well we have sold over 3,000, hope we can get into a decect pub when we arrive by train

Yeah me too! I heard that a pub called three guineas is a good one for away fans but I very much doubt that it has the capacity of 3000 lol! Does anyone else know of any decent pubs that we could get into failing we cant get in there??

Can anyone give me any information as to what time train is best to get up there and how long it is likely to take to get from Readings ground to the station on the way back , so i can book the train tickets in advance ?

Hi mate I would allow plenty of time to get back to the station if I was you,it could take as much as 1 and half hours to get back to the sation, we are booked on the 7.45pm back to Soton, if we get back early then in the pub.

Hopefully most people are aware of this sad news; it has been on the national and local news over the last couple of days.

It looks like a tribute may be paid at the game on Saturday, the form of this has yet to be announced.

RIP Stewart.

having had our own share of sad news (as a club) lately, i think we can all relate to this and i hope that ALL our fans show Reading FC and this lad's family the respect they deserve.....

i will be there (block r28) am hoping for a great result, but not actually expecting one!! :D..........

It will be good to see the away end full for once this season - I remember you grouching about only getting 2,300 tickets last time you came down, and also mocking our 24,000 attendance as it was our record league crowd at the time - how times have changed eh?

It will also be interesting to see whether this manifests into the local 'rivalry' that South Today would like to have us believe.

I imagine that we will start with the same team that beat Sheffield United last week, on the lines of "it it ain't broke, don't mend it" principle. And this season it certainly isn't broken...

As I'm sure you know, Alex Pearce has been with you for the last few weeks. Suggestions on the Reading forum are that he will be giving away some of your secrets (such as where the missing 17,000 fans are, and who has been keeping your trophy cabinet key for the last 30 years), but also what your defensive frailties are, and where you're most potent attacking (When he's on the pitch).

It has also been suggested that you will know a little more about us, other than that this season we've scored 6 times as many goal as our opponents at home, and we've averaged 3 goals a game...

Last time we played, as I'm sure you remember, we were a handful of matches from winning the Championship, and a 2-0 win on a Friday night at the Madejski saw us take another 3 points.

I'm looking forwards to this one, what are your thoughts on it?

I also think we'll win, but that might just be because I'm me...

It will be good to see the away end full for once this season - I remember you grouching about only getting 2,300 tickets last time you came down, and also mocking our 24,000 attendance as it was our record league crowd at the time - how times have changed eh?

It will also be interesting to see whether this manifests into the local 'rivalry' that South Today would like to have us believe.

I imagine that we will start with the same team that beat Sheffield United last week, on the lines of "it it ain't broke, don't mend it" principle. And this season it certainly isn't broken...

As I'm sure you know, Alex Pearce has been with you for the last few weeks. Suggestions on the Reading forum are that he will be giving away some of your secrets (such as where the missing 17,000 fans are, and who has been keeping your trophy cabinet key for the last 30 years), but also what your defensive frailties are, and where you're most potent attacking (When he's on the pitch).

It has also been suggested that you will know a little more about us, other than that this season we've scored 6 times as many goal as our opponents at home, and we've averaged 3 goals a game...

Last time we played, as I'm sure you remember, we were a handful of matches from winning the Championship, and a 2-0 win on a Friday night at the Madejski saw us take another 3 points.

Are you familiar with the word "hubris"?

I was at the 2-0 match the season you went up to the prem, fair result at that time, should be a cracking game on sat realy looking fwd to coming to your stadium again, we are coming by train any idea on pubs for away fans not to far from the station. thx

Hubris is spot on. Funny how there are few replies to your post! - your team and supporters are viewed as a joke by us. Short lived arrogance hey, make the most of it.

Loving Winchester the Reading fans arrogance, funny stuff. Ahh reading, such a forced and sudden rise to glory, such a plastic fanbase. I cant imagine being a reading fan, yea it must be nice to be winning matches, but to be surrounded by ******s, small children and people who know nowt about football week in, week out must be..hard to bare!

Yeah i'm going to this one too, had to borrow money for it as I don't get paid till next week...going for the atmospheer not the game! (he says covering up the fact hes ****ting him self!)

We even sing when we're losing lately tho sooo... :)

Up the saints!

Got our tickets this afternoon. Managed to get three together, so I guess there must be a fair few left.

R31 Row Q

They sell them in a specfic order for away games, it's not as if you get a choice. Hence, you are always able to get X together. Unless they sell out and find the odd one left, which very rarely happens. The fact you can get 3 together is an indicator of nothing.

They sell them in a specfic order for away games, it's not as if you get a choice. Hence, you are always able to get X together. Unless they sell out and find the odd one left, which very rarely happens. The fact you can get 3 together is an indicator of nothing.

R31 shows that its reasonably far along, so atleast 1/6 of tickets left. so about 600.

Hopefully most people are aware of this sad news; it has been on the national and local news over the last couple of days.

It looks like a tribute may be paid at the game on Saturday, the form of this has yet to be announced.

RIP Stewart.

Very sad. Heard about it from my daughter's friend, who attends Maiden Erleigh School. She'd received a phone call on Sunday saying that someone in her year had died at Tirabad.

Loving Winchester the Reading fans arrogance, funny stuff. Ahh reading, such a forced and sudden rise to glory, such a plastic fanbase. I cant imagine being a reading fan, yea it must be nice to be winning matches, but to be surrounded by ******s, small children and people who know nowt about football week in, week out must be..hard to bare!

Yeah i'm going to this one too, had to borrow money for it as I don't get paid till next week...going for the atmospheer not the game! (he says covering up the fact hes ****ting him self!)

We even sing when we're losing lately tho sooo... :)

Up the saints!

With a fanbase that's halved in 4 years, the comment about plastic is rather rich coming from a saints fan.

Love.

Winch.

With a fanbase that's halved in 4 years, the comment about plastic is rather rich coming from a saints fan.

Love.

Winch.

Half of the fans inside the Madjeski are United or Chelsea fans, went there a couple of years back, saw a group of lads in manchester united, chelsea, arsenal shirts. This was for Reading Vs Saints!

Half of the fans inside the Madjeski are United or Chelsea fans, went there a couple of years back, saw a group of lads in manchester united, chelsea, arsenal shirts. This was for Reading Vs Saints!

From the fall in attendances at St Mary's it sounds like the same could have been said of the Saints 'fans' of a couple of years ago - except maybe they were more discrete about it.

From the fall in attendances at St Mary's it sounds like the same could have been said of the Saints 'fans' of a couple of years ago - except maybe they were more discrete about it.

You're probably right to be fair, it was just the first place i saw it.

Count me in but will be collecting tickets when I get to Reading!

Are there any spaces still avaliable on the Travel Club or has it sold out?

Thanks!

COYR!

Phoned yesterday and was put on a list as the original coaches had sold out, but got a call today to say there was more interest so they've put on more coaches.

May want to book tickets for the match in advance as they're nearing selling out.