YOU CAN STOP IT NOW CORTESE..pick up the phone

patred44

The next premier League job that comes up ONeil will be linked with it, even if it's Man Utd . If Capello goes, O Neil will be linked with it. If Lennon fails at Celtic, O neil will be linked with it.Are people seriously trying to say that he'll drop down and manage in League 1, I doubt if he'd even manage in the Championship, let alone League 1. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I just dont buy it.He left Villa becasue the owner wouldn't push the boat out to break into the top four, it looks like we're not pushing the boat out to get an auto place in League 1, yet he's "interested".

MoN is a maverick in the Clough mould and as such I could see him, like Clough, doing the unexpected and joining us.

The job at SMS has 'potential' written all over it - maybe MoN sees it as a tasty challenge??

Also, as footie jobs go, its a pretty damn easy one too - getting a club with a lot of money and attendances of 20,000+ promoted from Lg1.

Dave Merrington said on Solent that the main cause of Pardew departing is that the role of Team manager has been undermined by the Les Reed appointment and the Team manager is not having the final say on who is bought and sold.

Merrington went on to say that Reed had the ear of Cortese.

Now whoever is hired as the Team manager will have to cope with that problem. It will not go away. So we either get a timid Wigley type who fails or a more independent minded Manager who then later has a fall out and departs. The system with Cortese and Reed is inherently unstable.

Read what Cortese says is his main priority. Someone who is co-operative with the Les Reed empire.

I hope you're wrong, but i think you're probably right.

NC's latest knee jerk is all a little depressing.

I was never a fan of AP, but even i thought he would take us up this year. Now gods knows what will happen.

MoN is a maverick in the Clough mould and as such I could see him, like Clough, doing the unexpected and joining us.

The job at SMS has 'potential' written all over it - maybe MoN sees it as a tasty challenge??

I could also see him doing something like that, but as Matt Le Tissier has pointed out you're going struggle to get a manager of that sort of calibre to work for a chairman that interferes in team selections etc. I hope i'm wrong and I hope that Cortese pulls a rabbit out of the hat and doesn't interfere. Lowe was much like Cortese but he worked well with Hoddle and Strachan, so it's possible that Cortese could behave himself.

I thought the Skates were a shoe in for the "deluded supporters of the year award", but I think we're mounting a late challange.

It's a close run thing. We have soared to new levels in recent months. Claims that we can sign who we want, that we are a more attracitive proposition than Glasgow Rangers, that Curbishley, Zola are not good enough to be our manager and the constant claim of how rich we are, how much we can pay players etc have been amoungst the golden nuggets on here of late.

Not one for conspiracy theories....but having worked in 2 Italian companies at senior levels and understanding the mindset that operates......I do wonder about Cortese's motives???. We all look at this with typical English logic, ie why get rid of Pardew??, but that it is not how the Italian mind works. Is the whole Pardew episode convenient for him ?. Is there a bigger agenda he might be working to - like how to get the Liebherr family out of owning this football club....?. I presume SFC had strong grounds to get rid of Pardew- the speed of action and the lack of any public comment from those involved is compelling in itself....confidentiality agreements etc notwithstanding. The appointment of next manager will really tell. Is it an agenda for exit, or a real plan to continue the undoubted good work that Pardew put in place in the last 9 months ?. Adkins for me is not that answer, neither is Brown. We will see.....

So this MON talk isn't all jst bollix then?

Been at our last two home games, don't know about today but he was the guest of Cortese and was in one of the glass boxes in the itchen vs Swindon. (got it confirmed today as well.

1 + 1 = 3 (who knows but I know he has spoken to so many and that loads are in the frame)

After being a member of the forum for years since the first forum existed, I just have a small feeling this is a massive wind up, or some sort of sick smoke screen so to speak. (without any PM's being emailed to me)

However if true, I will be over the moon.

and ring that number in ****shire.

CORTESE has a big decision to make now.

Either he gets in a manager who knows about the game, and is not prepared to accept interference. Then give him the backing his reputation deserves.

You don't buy a dog and bark yourself.

Some of you know who I am talking about here, and I promise you he will not hang about whilst Cotese twiddles his thumbs and the squad spirals into a pit it wont be able to climb out of.

Cortese....Get on that phone and say yes please. IT'S THE ONLY WAY, IT'S THE RIGHT WAY

You have meet twice already... it's your decision.

.............................................................................................

I WILL NOT ANSWER ANY PMS ON THIS... please stop sending them ATM

Thanks for the PM, totally agree with this post in light of that info!

I know I am being thick, but I cannot think of the four letter word being asterisked out in ****shire ? Help!

I've been having the same problem - it's clearly not 'Brum' cos there's no county called Brumshire - it's the Unitary Authority of Birmingham - so that wud rule out a certain manager from there!! ;)

Clearly, the stars must stand for York - hence the well known experienced manager in question must have last managed in Yorkshire...

...so I guess we must be talking about...

George Graham or David O'Leary! -Ahhh! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope.....I can read those. It has to be something like **** or **** but I can't think of any counties starting with those words.

Ah! But ur assuming that the words are asterisked because they are swear words - perhaps the original poster just wanted to keep the actual county quiet.

Incidentally, there is another manager who technically manages in Yorkshire who one could possibly understand being linked to the job...

WGS as manager of Middlesbrough, technically manages a Yorkshire club!! (But can't see him coming here tbh!)

Another person who probably gets the plot .....on 606....

BBC THE MASTERPLAN

Does ML daughter actually like football?

Pardew was sacked as the first stage, next NC will quit and move back to Italy then the Liebherr family will pullout as they have no interest and judging by today's performance I can't really blame them.