Southampton V Cheltenham - FA cup 2nd round

Dazza82

My dream tie (well, almost....) for the following reasons

It's at home

We should win it

I have always had a soft spot for Cheltenham, having worked up that way a (good) few years ago

& they are one of very few teams in the league I never seen Saints play, or even seen play someone else.

So eff off your glory-hunters, I'm happy

Let's hope Cheltenham allow us to do £10 tickets for the next round, with peterborough at home on the 20th and Brighton at home on 23rd, both of which are big home games in the context of our promotion challenge, I can see people spending their money on those.

It's not a bad draw though and will hopefully see us through to the 3rd round, I love the cup and the buzz of the draw, keep getting good home draws and who knows how far we can get.

Dan Lobb grew up in Colden Common and went to Thornden School in Chandlers Ford - he was always pretty good at Football but better at Tennis - he was a Tennis professional for a couple of years. Funny thing was he probably wasn't the best Tennis player at School.

It's funny when you see people you went to school with on TV. His greying hair makes me feel old though!

That's a strange question.

Are you trying to make a point? If you are, I suggest you attempt to articulate it rather than posing obtuse questions.

Pointless game not worthy of your time in attendance, yet no doubt you'll fund plenty of time to comment about it on the internet. You can then come out of the woodwork for the big draw in the 3rd round.

Pointless game not worthy of your time in attendance, yet no doubt you'll fund plenty of time to comment about it on the internet. You can then come out of the woodwork for the big draw in the 3rd round.

Again, wtf is your point? Are only people who intend to go the match allowed to comment on the draw?

Stop being a tit.

I am making a comment about the draw. My view is that I am completely ambivalent and probably won't bother with the match. That is a legitimate comment on the draw. As for the "big draw" in the third round - I might go; depends if the match in question is attractive or not in terms of time and effort to attend. The same as league matches. I won't be going to Carlisle away because it is a massive effort and not worth the time and cost. I did, however, go to Bristol away and Notts County away because I believed the time and effort involved would not outweigh the utility to be gained from going. This is how most people decide whether or not to do something.

Edited by benjii

See further up the thread .... 'all' must pay for FA Cup games (I use the word 'all' advisedly but you get the drift).

Minimum £10, seniors and children may be lower by mutual agreement, 50 complimentaries per club, passes for directors, football scouts, press, representatives of the FA etc., 2 for the FA sponsors. Between half-time and the end of the match the Home club must provide the Visiting club with a statement of the total admission and gate receipts. Round 3 is £15 minimum!

What about a really novel approach, you only get access to a 3rd round ticket if you go to this one...

Remember this lads if you can't be Rrsed to go, don't you think that Cortese and the players will soon get the message and not be Rrsed either if only a few thousand bother? Do you really want to drive Lallana and Cortese away for good.

Come on rally round we are supposed to be some of the best and most loyal species in the land so let's show it by getting off our Rrses and getting up to SMS, Cheltenham or not - after all it's a step towards Wembley; we are going all the way this year, so 'tis written in the scriputures!

COYDS

What about a really novel approach, you only get access to a 3rd round ticket if you go to this one...

Remember this lads if you can't be Rrsed to go, don't you think that Cortese and the players will soon get the message and not be Rrsed either if only a few thousand bother? Do you really want to drive Lallana and Cortese away for good.

Come on rally round we are supposed to be some of the best and most loyal species in the land so let's show it by getting off our Rrses and getting up to SMS, Cheltenham or not - after all it's a step towards Wembley; we are going all the way this year, so 'tis written in the scriputures!

COYDS

Arsenal away that day are they?