The Boxing Day Meet

dune

What complete rubbish. A typical Townie view. Hunting is a humane method of controlling foxes.

Where the **** do you get humane from? Are you really insane or is it all an act? Ripping a fox apart is not humane. Getting off on it like those posh ****s on horses do is seriously ****ed up and says all you need to know about the ****s that do it.

Where the **** do you get humane from? Are you really insane or is it all an act? Ripping a fox apart is not humane. Getting off on it like those posh ****s on horses do is seriously ****ed up and says all you need to know about the ****s that do it.

I take it you are a vegetarian, or are you a hypocrite?

I take it you are a vegetarian, or are you a hypocrite?

I dont eat meat because I just don't like consuming dead animals flesh. That has nothing to do with getting enjoyment from killing other living things in such a way. Always been undecided about you on here and always swung towards thinking you're alright. Oh well, you live and learn.

I dont eat meat because I just don't like consuming dead animals flesh. That has nothing to do with getting enjoyment from killing other living things in such a way. Always been undecided about you on here and always swung towards thinking you're alright. Oh well, you live and learn.

Humans are omnivores. It's natural to eat meat. So you're abnormal in that respect, but I can understand why you'd be upset about intensively farmed meat. Hunting is a natural and humane method of vermin control, the same as pheasant breeding and shooting is the kindest way to produce and kill food. The fact that it is fun to shoot pheasants seems to be what annoys people like you.

They both kill animals for fun, no difference in my view, except one is frowned upon because it is done by chavs.

It shows a lack of intelligence if you enjoy killing animals for fun IMO.

The fact that hunting is fun is just a bonus. That fact remains that it is more humane than gassing, snaring or shooting. Would you rather foxes be controlled by a method other than hunting, that isn't as humane, just to satisfy your prejudice?

The fact that hunting is fun is just a bonus. That fact remains that it is more humane than gassing, snaring or shooting. Would you rather foxes be controlled by a method other than hunting, that isn't as humane, just to satisfy your prejudice?

What gives you the right to take a life in such a way though? Cos we're at the top of the food chain? so we can do what we like without guilt? Does it make you feel big and hard picking on defenceless animals? Do you have issues going on in that head of yours that spurs you into such evilness? We're you touched as a child?

What gives you the right to take a life in such a way though? Cos we're at the top of the food chain? so we can do what we like without guilt? Does it make you feel big and hard picking on defenceless animals? Do you have issues going on in that head of yours that spurs you into such evilness? We're you touched as a child?

Oh dear.

Just accept the fact that country pursuits are supported by most people, and an overwhelming majority of countryside people. You're the crank here.

Take pheasant shooting. There would be no pheasants if it wasn't for shooting.

Latest poll:

Do you think that banning hunting and the subsequent requirement to police the ban is a good use of police resources?

No 62%

Yes 33%

Don’t know 4%

Do you think that animal rights activists should be allowed to take the law into their own hands for the purpose of protecting wild animals?

No 85%

Yes 13%

Don’t know 2%

Edited by dune

You've yet to answer how you would rather control vermin like foxes?

There are oh so many questions that you avoid ! As for foxes, it depends on whether you conside them vermin requiring 'control', which I do not, ( and please take into account I live in a very rural area, and keep rabbits and chickens ). If I were to feel the need I would rather trap them and move them, but if killing was necessary, shooting them is the most humane way.

On the subject of effective control of foxes, how many avoid the kill ?

Do you believe badgers spread bovine TB and should be gassed ? IMO another foolish and misguided injustice.

shooting them is the most humane way.

And what if the fox is just clipped, runs away and suffers a slow death? Just so long as your social prejudices are allowed you're not bothered. This is what it all boils down to. People like you don't care about the countryside or animal welfare, you've just got big chips on your shoulders and you see hunting as pursuit for the upper classes.

Oh dear.

Just accept the fact that country pursuits are supported by most people, and an overwhelming majority of countryside people. You're the crank here.

Latest poll:

Do you think that banning hunting and the subsequent requirement to police the ban is a good use of police resources?

No 62%

Yes 33%

Don’t know 4%

Do you think that animal rights activists should be allowed to take the law into their own hands for the purpose of protecting wild animals?

No 85%

Yes 13%

Don’t know 2%

If the ban was brought in and the toffy nosed ****s actually abided by the law then there wouldn't be the need to police it so heavily. Who's wrong when they don't follow the law then? Oh, the law I hear you say. Of course.

Humans are omnivores. It's natural to eat meat. So you're abnormal in that respect, but I can understand why you'd be upset about intensively farmed meat. Hunting is a natural and humane method of vermin control, the same as pheasant breeding and shooting is the kindest way to produce and kill food. The fact that it is fun to shoot pheasants seems to be what annoys people like you.

Hunting is the exercise of power over a vulnerable prey. This is the source of pleasure it provides for those whose own lives and self-image are inadequate.

Shooting should be used where needed for the purpose of control. It should never be done just for the pleasure in killing.

And what if the fox is just clipped, runs away and suffers a slow death? Just so long as your social prejudices are allowed you're not bothered. This is what it all boils down to. People like you don't care about the countryside or animal welfare, you've just got big chips on your shoulders and you see hunting as pursuit for the upper classes.

How much attention do you pay to what is posted ? I live in the bloody countryside, I spend my leisure time in the countryside, and I am extremely concerned about animal welfare, whether it be domesticated, like my rabbits, hens, dogs, cats, and ponies, or wildlife. Hunting is an extremely INEFFICIENT method of controlling fox populations, ( where I live there is no local hunt, and we are not overrun with vulpine invaders ), and if the 'thrill of the chase' is what you are after you can drag hunt. All this activity now provides is a form of snobbish exclusivity, where the majority of participants are nouveaus who work as solicitors, architects, etc, and are looking for a way to prove their escape from merely being part of the hoi-polloi.

Edited by badgerx16

What complete rubbish. A typical Townie view. Hunting is a humane method of controlling foxes.

Not as humane or efficent as a gun though. I have no problem with pest control and to many foxes can be a problem. However there is no way you can convince me that 40 people on horseback and god knows how many dogs (sorry hounds) are going to kill as many foxes as 40 well trainned marksman with guns in the same amount of time.

What if you replaced the foxes with rats, what would be everyone's opinions then?

You could go further and just lay down lots of poison for the foxes to take back to their dens and feed to their cubs, that way you could kill a whole family with a long slow painful death.

I think is someone goes around killing rats for a laff they are also a c*nt.

What if you replaced the foxes with rats, what would be everyone's opinions then?

You could go further and just lay down lots of poison for the foxes to take back to their dens and feed to their cubs, that way you could kill a whole family with a long slow painful death.

I dont poison rats either thank you.

I think is someone goes around killing rats for a laff they are also a c*nt.

I dont poison rats either thank you.

I guarantee you that every single supermarket, restaurant, shopping centre etc etc that you have ever visited poisons the rats for you. It's a sure way to lose customers to have those rats running free around the tables while you're trying to eat your dinner, or have them running up and down the aisles whilst your doing your weekly shop.

Rats are vermin - so are foxes - and are controlled mercilessly, mainly by poisoning, which isn't a pleasant way to go!

Stupid argument. The Internet isn't 'natural'. Should you stop using it now?

Oh dear.

Latest poll:

No 62%

Yes 33%

Don’t know 4%

No 85%

Yes 13%

Don’t know 2%

That's funny, dune. You usually source all of your 'facts'. Shall I tell them which unbiased source this poll is from or do you want to?

I guarantee you that every single supermarket, restaurant, shopping centre etc etc that you have ever visited poisons the rats for you. It's a sure way to lose customers to have those rats running free around the tables while you're trying to eat your dinner, or have them running up and down the aisles whilst your doing your weekly shop.

Rats are vermin - so are foxes - and are controlled mercilessly, mainly by poisoning, which isn't a pleasant way to go!

I would rather a load of rich people got on horseback and chased the rats around the shopping centre. Why don't they do that?

So they did and what did the masses do when they got into power?

Thats right turned out to be just as f ucked up as the people they got rid of. The terror was hardly a good advert for people power, neither were the soviets.

That's as maybe, but it serves as a warning to pretentious social wannabes like Dunce

I am with you on this one Dune regarding fox hunting and pheasants.

If you don't live in the country then you struggle to get your head around it all, the first time you get bloodied after a kill is better than sex, having blood dripping off your face simple gives you the horn.

I am aware that there are nasty little mouse like things called rats, and that they are killed as vermin. However it doesn't mean that it's right to kill animals for the fun of it. It's the killing for enjoyment I have issue with not the method of killing.

Foxes should be controlled when they are being a pest in the most humane way possible, not ripped apart by dogs because it's something "fun" to do on a bank holiday.

I am aware that there are nasty little mouse like things called rats, and that they are killed as vermin. However it doesn't mean that it's right to kill animals for the fun of it. It's the killing for enjoyment I have issue with not the method of killing.

Foxes should be controlled when they are being a pest in the most humane way possible, not ripped apart by dogs because it's something "fun" to do on a bank holiday.

Agree with this.