The Boxing Day Meet

dune

There are a lot of people in the country that do not agree with fox hunting. My father, a farmer for 50 years, for example. Many of the people around the village that my parents knew were also opposed to fox hunting. Just because people in the countryside don't go out and attempt to sabotage hunts does not mean they are all in favour of fox hunting. Do not assume all those in favour of fox hunting are from the countryside and all those against are from towns.

There are farmers and there are farmers. All the real farmers support hunting.

Could you possibly explain - are those farmers that don't support it 'unreal' or 'surreal', and what do they produce ?
i would not take much notice has most posters on here know he lives in a fantasy world i expect hes been hitting his cheap plonk hard whenever he gets his weekly giro t makes him imagine he is a investment banker in a mansion and the lost leader of a 1950s empire:)

Could you possibly explain - are those farmers that don't support it 'unreal' or 'surreal', and what do they produce ?

Well you've got your noddy farmers (a place in the country sorts) and then you've got your born and bred country folk. You see it all the time with townies coming to the country and then trying to change it.

Well you've got your noddy farmers (a place in the country sorts) and then you've got your born and bred country folk. You see it all the time with townies coming to the country and then trying to change it.

Dune is correct. I think a good example would be Ruper Lowe (Who owns a farm) as the type of farmer Dune is talking about.

I am from the country and have never met a real farmer or man of the land that is anti hunting.

I am fine with people that don't agree with it, each to their own, but 99.99% of the anti stuff is born out of ignorance and whilst it is a cr@p example (Blame the red wine), I bet all those against, have posts on the iraq threads saying it's nothing to do with us, we shouldn't get involved, different cultures etc etc. well in many ways the same is true for hunting.

Christmas rant over :)

There are a lot of people in the country that do not agree with fox hunting. My father, a farmer for 50 years, for example. Many of the people around the village that my parents knew were also opposed to fox hunting. Just because people in the countryside don't go out and attempt to sabotage hunts does not mean they are all in favour of fox hunting. Do not assume all those in favour of fox hunting are from the countryside and all those against are from towns.

I didn't comment on others except my perception of the normality of the people that hunted against the apparent wierdos that try to disrupt hunts as seen on tv.

Why do you even follow the Saints? You hate cities and people from cities. Is it because you have no friends in the sticks?

To comply with the law, the huntsman must go into a wood or undergrowth with his hounds and try to flush a fox out in the direction of the bird. But it is not clear where "flushing out" ends and "pursuit" begins. There is also the question of what happens if the fox eludes the bird, or the bird can't safely be flown. The huntsman is legally bound to call off his dogs, but that is easier said that done and, to use the form of words favoured by hunts, "accidents do happen". Last year, the Cottesmore reported every fox accidentally killed by hounds to the police; this year the police, who would presumably prefer to be chasing burglars than fretting about dead foxes, have told it not to bother.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/nov/07/hunting.ethicalliving?INTCMP=SRCH

Whether you support hunting or not, the main problem with the 'ban' is that it is a bad law - badly drafted, poorly implemented, and practically impossible to enforce.

To be honest all it stops is a chase across open ground. Thankfully we don't get many anti's where I live as Leicestershire is the heartland of hunting.

Edited by dune

What complete rubbish. A typical Townie view. Hunting is a humane method of controlling foxes.

Total ****** - Game keeper at the Norfolk Estate (near Arundel W Sussex) was a good mate of mine - had to keep foxes out of pheasant pens (some 50,000 birds a year for sport) - best and most humane way was a high calibre rifle which he would go out and use - in his opinion, hunting with dogs was unnecessary as more are killed on the roads and its a slow painful death - and he WORKS and lives in the 'countryside'... If a bunch or aristocratic ****s want to run around on chasing animals, nowt I can do about it, but its aint no 'control' measure - and you are stupid if you belive it is.

LOL ;-)

Merry Chrimbo all!

any shread of credibility you might have had has just gone by your use of LOL. FFS.

On the plus side through it's the only post less than 1,000 word long i've ever seen from you so far more interesting than usual.

Total ****** - Game keeper at the Norfolk Estate (near Arundel W Sussex) was a good mate of mine - had to keep foxes out of pheasant pens (some 50' date='000 birds a year for sport) - best and most humane way was a high calibre rifle which he would go out and use - in his opinion, hunting with dogs was unnecessary as more are killed on the roads and its a slow painful death - and he WORKS and lives in the 'countryside'... If a bunch or aristocratic ****s want to run around on chasing animals, nowt I can do about it, but its aint no 'control' measure - and you are stupid if you belive it is.[/quote']

Ah the old chip on the shoulder class prejudice from Mr Boring.

any shread of credibility you might have had has just gone by your use of LOL. FFS.

On the plus side through it's the only post less than 1,000 word long i've ever seen from you so far more interesting than usual.

LOL - but sadly wrong - The day I worry about Turkey and Prune's - whose contributions to this forum could not be more bollo(ks if wrapped in a small soft leather sack and swinging between the hind legs of one of Prune's 'hounds - assessment of my 'credibility' will be the one in which I lose mine altogther.

Please try harder sweetie.

LOL - but sadly wrong - The day I worry about Turkey and Prune's - whose contributions to this forum could not be more bollo(ks if wrapped in a small soft leather sack and swinging between the hind legs of one of Prune's 'hounds - assessment of my 'credibility' will be the one in which I lose mine altogther.

Please try harder sweetie.

Turkey and Prune's :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're gonna have to put a warning on if you're going to carry on posting things that funny. I didn't know if i should PMSL or ROFL when i read that. People around me think i am MENTAL as i just laughed so loud and spat out my lucazade orange all over the floor whilst reading my phone. Keep 'em coming Franky boy...

Meet "Anna" the golden eagle. Anna is taken out with the hunt to make the Kill, but unfortunately accidents happen and the hounds can't be stopped once they've finished flushing.

6574464039_db46a8f17f_z.jpg

Is this the same hunt that you were with a few months ago that you admitted flout the law?

As LGTL said, shouldn't you have been at the football? You're a Saints fan after all.

Is this the same hunt that you were with a few months ago that you admitted flout the law?

As LGTL said, shouldn't you have been at the football? You're a Saints fan after all.

Are you his parrot?

The hunts don't flout the law, they simply pick holes in a bad law. The sooner it's repealed the better, however i'm doubtful there is enough Tories to win a vote in parliament and if the vote is lost it could lead to a tightening of controls.

Edited by dune

I've gone hi-tech since last year and made you all a video. (but rest assured photos will be uploaded when I can be bothered)

What a bunch of plums, particulary the bloke on the push bike. People must lead pretty boring lives if one of the highlights of their year is watching people riding horses down the road. .........

So you didn't actually go on the hunt, just stood there taking pictures of horses. PMSL

You sad f*cker.

Along with hundreds of other country folk. We are proud of our hunting heritage in these parts - the heartland of fox hunting!

Anyway, if not mentioned before, Cameron has no intention of letting Parliament have a free vote on this issue.

A) He doesn't want it causing a commotion that would not be good for the potential overall and wider Tory vote at an election

B) He knows that it would be lost in Parliament under the current make up of MPs

So, bark at the moon Dune.

Anyway, if not mentioned before, Cameron has no intention of letting Parliament have a free vote on this issue.

A) He doesn't want it causing a commotion that would not be good for the potential overall and wider Tory vote at an election

B) He knows that it would be lost in Parliament under the current make up of MPs

So, bark at the moon Dune.

I have already said that a sucessful outcome is doubtful without a Tory majority. I would sooner a vote be postponed until we can get a victory. A defeat could lead to tougher regulation.