FA Cup Stats

Dr Who?

Who do you want the win the FA Cup. I did want City to win, but now after looking into the recent history I 100% want Stoke to win and Higgy to get the winner!!

The clubs that normally get to the cup final and win it are club that have been big for a while Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, and then those that have huge amounts of Money Chelsea and maybe Man City tomorrow. Even when the Skates won the cup it was from mis-use of funds that they could not afford. So I suppose in a way 1987-88 was the last time a smaller club won the FA Cup apart from Everton in 1994/95, so we have had in the last 22 years 19 times that FA Cup has been won by one of the big 4!!! The only other teams are Spurs, Everton and the Skates.

Man U 5

Arsenal 5

Chelsea 5

Liverpool 4

So on the back of this I would love Stoke to win, as Man City are going to be part of the big 5 going forwards!!!

Until I looked into that I hade never noticed how much the top 4 have taken over. If you look at the 22 years pervious to this.

1966 - 1988

Spurs 3

Man U 3

Arsenal 2

Everton 2

Liverpool 2

West Ham 2

W.B.A 1

Man City 1

Chelsea 1

Leeds 1

Sunderland 1

Saints 1

Ipswich 1

Coventry 1

and for a staggering 13 years between 1966 and 1979 different teams won the FA Cup. You will NEVER get that again!!

Edited by Dr Who?
1987/88 not 1997/98

We are going to get massively bored with the whole Citeh in the CL thing in the press and who they are going to sign and how the Cup Final saved Mancini the same way it saved SAF.

So (although I ain't watching it live) I'd love it to be a Delap long throw onto Higgy's head for Fuller to bury the winner with seconds to go

on another note, where have Stoke got their money from to afford the players they have, Carew, Jones, Pennant, Huth, formerly Tuncay and Gudjohnsen etc. whats the chances of them being the next Pomey?

Well I was impressed and suprised by those stats, and it gets one person responding... I give up!

Not being personal in any way but perhaps the FA Cup has lost so much "magic" that most people don't care as much as they used too ?

I used to love it when I was younger but since Man Utd etc always seem to be there I can't be bothered anymore. :(

We are going to get massively bored with the whole Citeh in the CL thing in the press and who they are going to sign and how the Cup Final saved Mancini the same way it saved SAF.

So (although I ain't watching it live) I'd love it to be a Delap long throw onto Higgy's head for Fuller to bury the winner with seconds to go

Higgy and Fuller are both out with long term injuries. Better be Delap to Kenwyne instead.

on another note, where have Stoke got their money from to afford the players they have, Carew, Jones, Pennant, Huth, formerly Tuncay and Gudjohnsen etc. whats the chances of them being the next Pomey?

Apart from the fact that this is their third season in the Prem and the players you mention aren't current internationals earning obscene wages, Stokes owner is the boss of Bet365 which has recentley got a foot in the USA betting market.

Whilst not being Leibher-rich, he certainly makes the gun-runner and his son look like paupers.

Higgy and Fuller are both out with long term injuries. Better be Delap to Kenwyne instead.

Apart from the fact that this is their third season in the Prem and the players you mention aren't current internationals earning obscene wages, Stokes owner is the boss of Bet365 which has recentley got a foot in the USA betting market.

Whilst not being Leibher-rich, he certainly makes the gun-runner and his son look like paupers.

Shows what happens when you don't pay for a new Sat system for the PL :-)

Here's a stupid stat that sums up why Football is fecked up.

Mate of mine here is an egg chaser fan. Never been to a footie match in his 48 years.

He gets a Corporate Invite from one of his suppliers including flight & hotel to go and sit and drink champers all day, and yet no doubt some true fans of either club don't get to go as there aren't enough tickets for them.

Not being personal in any way but perhaps the FA Cup has lost so much "magic" that most people don't care as much as they used too ?

I used to love it when I was younger but since Man Utd etc always seem to be there I can't be bothered anymore. :(

That is my point, and today if Stoke win it could be like old times and not one of the top 4 winning it. I do not take offence mate.

That is my point, and today if Stoke win it could be like old times and not one of the top 4 winning it. I do not take offence mate.

But then when the big teams do not get to the final it is seen as devalued, so you cannot win at all. The magic was that any team could win it in the top two leagues.

Arguably it could be sooner; as soon as that Sheikh loses interest with his little play thing that is Man City, they will cease to exist.

but that never happens..someone loaded will now buy them..CL football, silverware etc...

de jong

silva

and yaya toure

have all been immense all season

Edited by Thedelldays

Here's a stat for you: Manchester city represent everything which is wrong with modern-day football.

They may well have won an FA Cup and reached a CL qualifying round, but they'll only be allowed in the CL for one year, along with Chelsea because they won't change

Here's a stat for you: Manchester city represent everything which is wrong with modern-day football.

They may well have won an FA Cup and reached a CL qualifying round, but they'll only be allowed in the CL for one year, along with Chelsea because they won't change

I bet they are in the CL for years to come

well unless they start making a profit in the next year, they will not be allowed to enter the CL in the season after next...

you do realise it is a 3 year thing...this break even malarky..?

also, what is stopping them (or any club) selling an "executive box" for £100m per season..?