West Ham

SOTONS EAST SIDE

No, it didn't hurt, as I was able to reason that there were two divisions between us, the England National goalkeeper kept them in the game and late on they introduced players who shouldn't have been on the pitch who made the difference against an aged defence.

And yet you keep banging on about it and throwing up excuses as to why we lost

So really, it was a bad example you made, but you seem reluctant to admit it.

I think you meant to say it was a bad example in your opinion? It's a perfectly valid one to the point I was making IMO

I don't accept that the Skates had the worst team that season, any more than West Ham have the worst team this season.

As for west ham the table doesn't lie they are the worst team in PL this season, doesn't mean the same team with the right manager couldn't be a very good team next season, It all depends on if they can keep hold of players.

As for west ham the table doesn't lie they are the worst team in PL this season, doesn't mean the same team with the right manager couldn't be a very good team next season, It all depends on if they can keep hold of players.

I wasn't throwing up excuses, I was citing reasons. You say that it was more or less the same team as we have now, but that has been disputed and not only by me.

OK, it was a bad reason in my opinion. IMO it was a poor example, irrelevant to the discussion because of the gap between the two teams.

The table doesn't prove that they were the worst team, merely that they achieved the worst results. As you say yourself, a better manager could have the same players performing better. One of the pundits on Match of the Day commented that had Fersuson managed any of the top 4 teams, he would probably have made them champions, so it doesn't necessarily follow that the team that finished top or indeed bottom, were the best or worst team.

Both the Skates and West Ham were managed by Uncle Avram when they were relegated. There might be a clue in there somewhere. Perhaps that why Portsmouth sprung into your mind. ;)

According to the beeb West ham are looking to get a new manager in place in the next couple of weeks

Former England coach Steve McClaren is the bookmakers' favourite.

First-team coach Kevin Keen has been placed in temporary charge and is second-favourite alongside ex-Newcastle manager Chris Hughton.

I suppose that will give more idea of how they're planning for next season.

I wasn't throwing up excuses, I was citing reasons. You say that it was more or less the same team as we have now, but that has been disputed and not only by me.

OK, it was a bad reason in my opinion. IMO it was a poor example, irrelevant to the discussion because of the gap between the two teams.

The table doesn't prove that they were the worst team, merely that they achieved the worst results. As you say yourself, a better manager could have the same players performing better. One of the pundits on Match of the Day commented that had Fersuson managed any of the top 4 teams, he would probably have made them champions, so it doesn't necessarily follow that the team that finished top or indeed bottom, were the best or worst team.

Both the Skates and West Ham were managed by Uncle Avram when they were relegated. There might be a clue in there somewhere. Perhaps that why Portsmouth sprung into your mind. ;)

In the last 74 weeks an Avram Grant managed team has been in the relegation zone for 73 of them

reports on SSN and talksport that a mass brawl has taken place at the west ham end of season party at the grosvenor hotel parklane.police called.Stems froma fan asking a player for an autograph, inside the award cereomony itself,and the player refusing due to being too tired.

Unbelievable.

Tables turned over and punches thrown,players invloved.

Edited by saint lard

reports on SSN and talksport that a mass brawl has taken place at the west ham end of season party at the grosvenor hotel parklane.police called.Stems froma fan asking a player for an autograph, inside the award cereomony itself,and the player refusing due to being too tired.

Unbelievable.

Tables turned over and punches thrown,players invloved.

That'll be the Wild West Ham then.

Aythangyew.

Demba Ba was the player who was asked for the autograph.

I can just picture him writing B and then say he was to tired to put the A in.

Those overpaid players needed a good *****slap, the high kicking a vase bit was epic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8517688/West-Ham-fans-wait-to-discover-whether-David-Sullivan-and-David-Gold-can-deliver-plot-twist-to-end-sorry-chapter.html

Very good article obviously by a WHU fan. Pulls no punches about how bad Grant was or how much Gold & Sullivan messed up.

Telegraph

Grant’s tenure has been a calamity, from his training regime and his tactics to his motivational skills and communication. Grant sleepwalked to relegation.........

It quickly became apparent that Grant’s managerial skills were limited and the club tried to improve the set-up, with the appointment of Wally Downes as a defence coach, rather than replace Grant immediately.

There followed the badly-handled wooing of Martin O’Neill and Sam Allardyce in January as the club cast around for a new manager.

Grant, it is understood, has argued that the club have not spent what they promised and that he inherited a group of players who did not have the stomach for the fight.

Grant used this same argument during his time as Portsmouth manager when he also questioned the mental toughness of the players.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8517688/West-Ham-fans-wait-to-discover-whether-David-Sullivan-and-David-Gold-can-deliver-plot-twist-to-end-sorry-chapter.html

Very good article obviously by a WHU fan. Pulls no punches about how bad Grant was or how much Gold & Sullivan messed up.

The way the WHU owners tried replace Grant behind his back with the whole O'Neill thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Grant got them relegated on purpose just to flick'em the finger

The way the WHU owners tried replace Grant behind his back with the whole O'Neill thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Grant got them relegated on purpose just to flick'em the finger

Yep, not to mention the fact that he had 3 years left at 1mil a year that he is due in compensation. 3mil in the bank without having to do another day's work!

Imagine the fun he could have in Industrial Estates with that as his pension fund.

Oh found this about the Millwaal Legend banner - interview with their forum guys

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8518002/Millwall-fans-banner-prank-perfectly-timed-to-rub-salt-into-West-Hams-relegation-wounds.html

Edited by dubai_phil

Should Saints ever play at the Olympic stadium it looks like we'll get a worse view from the away end than at the Withdean...

7H3uC.jpg

How you could make out what is going on from that far away I don't know! :D

Wow. Well I spose a football pitch is a bit bigger than the athletics field. But that is going to be properly ****e for West Ham fans!

Imagine 20k in that stadium in the NPC. I hope spurs win a review purely on the fact that they will be taking out the track.

Agreed. A huge stadium with a running track will never, never work in English football.

I'm sceptical to the whole West Ham bid for the stadium. Spuds were at least realistic in that:

a) the nation doesn't need a big athletics venue; a revamped Crystal Palace is perfectly adequate.

b) an athletics stadium is nothing like a football stadium, so they'll take advantage of the location and transport links, knock down the athletics stadium and build something much more suitable to football instead.

I have a feeling that West Ham will live in the stadium for 2 or 3 years before making a massive fuss that athletics and football can't live together, there's no big demand for athletics so they should be allowed to re-model the stadium to fit the footballing market. And when the whole Olympics "sustainability" movement has calmed down and moved on, I think they'll get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...