CB - Who do we want?

Ashby Saint

A lot of posters talking about needing a CB and a striker. We've heard a lot of rumours about strikers - Maynard and Rodriguez leading the way.

Not much talk about CB though. We thought Gorkss might come as part of any deal for Puncheon but if that doesn't go through then what are the other options? What do people think?

I've been looking a bit at possible Scandinavian targets at CB and there's a few names showing up here and there.

Magnus Troest, 24 year old CB, playing at Genoa - currently on loan at Varese in the Serie B. Very good defender, playing a bit under the radar at the moment after good spells at Parma and Atalanta.

Vegard Forren, 23 year old CB, playing at Molde IK. Already been noted by other clubs, such as Milan, Newcastle and Liverpool.

Vegar Eggen Hedenstad, 20 year old CB, playing at Stabæk. Is in the Norwegian U-21 side and having a good season despite big financial problems at his club. This could also make a sale more possible. They've already sold their best striker to rivals Vålerenga.

Andreas Bjelland, 23 year old CB, playing at FC Nordsjælland. Mentioned this player before and he's still highly regarded. On the fringes of the Danish National XI. As Troest, playing a bit under the radar at the moment.

Agree with Danish Saint that a signing from a European club feels more likely at CB. SAs for striker, appreciate we have to worry about LB and that he's not getting a game but can't see Rickie and DC being left out at the moment, so how do you keep a new striker happy. Maybe by not going for the high profile names we've had bandied about but someone younger who will be willing to wait for an opportunity and again, maybe from Europe.

Andreas Bjelland, 23 year old CB, playing at FC Nordsjælland. Mentioned this player before and he's still highly regarded. On the fringes of the Danish National XI. As Troest, playing a bit under the radar at the moment.

This one. Andy Bellend please.

I will raise you a Kristján Örn Sigurðsson instead, any good? How about Karl Svensson always thought he would turn out to be the next Svensson and im surprised nothing was said about Calum Davenport whatever happened to him and his legs.

Sebastián Toro

Henrique Adriano Buss

Waldo Ponce

Indriði Sigurðsson

Michael Jansen

Calum Davenport

Apparently if wikipedia is to be believed (I know!) he is currently playing for Wooton Blue Cross in the United Counties League Division 1.

How far he has fallen if it is true!

I will raise you a Kristján Örn Sigurðsson instead, any good? How about Karl Svensson always thought he would turn out to be the next Svensson and im surprised nothing was said about Calum Davenport whatever happened to him and his legs.

he used to play here for Brann, did a good job, but is getting older and is probably not really better than what we have. He plays for Chicken Waterfall now.

What's happened to Fitz Hall?

Think he is at QPR

Yes Ian your right he is at QPR.

It will be interesting now their take-over is complete to see if the Gorkss/Puncheon deal has any more legs. I still like the sound of Gorkss from all reports, hope he see's that he's surplus to requirements at QPR.

Nedum Onuoha from Manchester City

I would be more comfortable with us spending £4+million on a Premier League standard defender.

Obviously, it is a very unrealistic signing but wouldnt command a massive fee and would have wages that would just miss out on our structure £25k+??

Apparently if wikipedia is to be believed (I know!) he is currently playing for Wooton Blue Cross in the United Counties League Division 1.

How far he has fallen if it is true!

He was stabbed in the legs in his home in Kempston.... :? So playing for Wooton was supposed to be for fitness but nothing has come of it since.

Im proposing Curtis Davis from the sinking ship that is Birmingham City

I feel sorry for Calum Davenport

Yes, I know he had limitations, but for his professional career to be virtually ended by a crazed boyfriend of his sister, is terribly unfortunate

If rumours are to be believed, he was anything but an innocent party in all that. Wasn't he rumoured to have been smacking his sister and mother around or something?

Nedum Onuoha from Manchester City

I would be more comfortable with us spending £4+million on a Premier League standard defender.

Obviously, it is a very unrealistic signing but wouldnt command a massive fee and would have wages that would just miss out on our structure £25k+??

I agree, totally unrealistic but it would be fantastic.

I think Seabourne and Martin both being under 24 they will still improve, for me seabourne just needs a bit of confidence and he will be a good back up for us and Martin if he plays regular still a loan move to league one i reckon he can become a top championship defender.

I think Seabourne and Martin both being under 24 they will still improve, for me seabourne just needs a bit of confidence and he will be a good back up for us and Martin if he plays regular still a loan move to league one i reckon he can become a top championship defender.

No question about any of that, I just feel we are understaffed at cb. If, (god forbid,) Fonte gets injured who would be our top 2 pairing then? Martin and Seabourne? That doesn't inspire me with confidence, not because they're bad players simply because they're inexperienced.