Gta v

saint_bert

• 3 weeks later...
Cheapest place to pre-order? Tesco is £39.99, anywhere better than that?

Green man gaming doing it for £35.99 plus £5 credit. So technically £30.99

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/playstation-3/games/action/grand-theft-auto-v/

Also get the blimp bonus with it.

I imagine some stores like Sainsburys will do deals like spend £50 on shopping and get it for £25 etc

Mine was dispatched by amazon early today :)

Same with mine, will still arrive on Tuesday though. Don't think I have ever got anything a day early from amazon.

Had my dispatch email from Amazon on Saturday evening. Nothing delivered as yet and my tracking number isnt recognised which suggests the item hasnt been scanned/left the building..

My brother in law has been playing it, says its amazing, before you ask he is in retailing in France.

The game was also reportedly being sold on some European high streets, with a French retailer is said to have told Facebook users he was selling GTA 5 before the release date.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/15/grand-theft-auto-v-maker-rockstar-investigates-claims-game-has-been-released-early-as-amazon-sells-out-4015735/

Very good Barry Sanchez :mcinnes:

Had my dispatch email from Amazon on Saturday evening. Nothing delivered as yet and my tracking number isnt recognised which suggests the item hasnt been scanned/left the building..

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/15/grand-theft-auto-v-maker-rockstar-investigates-claims-game-has-been-released-early-as-amazon-sells-out-4015735/

Very good Barry Sanchez :mcinnes:

Could be my brother in law ha ha, his wife's family own one of the largest retail chains in Europe.

Game of the year for me. Everything GTA 4 promised but failed to deliver, this makes up for. Only scratched the surface but as you'll find, its just got so much depth. And looks gorgeous too.

Died twice so far, in very stupid circumstances. First was in a strip club, I was ''exploring'' and went to go in the VIP rooms. Two bouncers jumped me and killed me quickly. Second time was rolling past a couple of guys pointing guns at a shopkeeper, before I could work out what button opened the Weapons wheel, I got shot. Ooops.

Didn't bother pre-ordering, just popped into Tesco at lunchtime and picked it up (from the top of a plentiful pile of copies) for £38.

I found GTA 4 boring but this is so far an absolute blast! I have also been to the strip club but rather then get shot went home with a dancer. This is going to take up a lot of my life I can already tell.

Played it for a few hours last night, didn't even start the first mission, just found a helicopter and flew around the map looking at various locations.

Ended up stealing a tank from right outside the army base, shot down a few police helicopters before being killed by special forces.

Good sh1t.

Played it for a few hours last night, didn't even start the first mission, just found a helicopter and flew around the map looking at various locations.

Ended up stealing a tank from right outside the army base, shot down a few police helicopters before being killed by special forces.

Good sh1t.

Is the helicopter easy to find?

Tried that. I've seen Michael in the prologue but he hasn't been introduced in the story yet, I can only select Franklin in the character option.

He's introduced pretty early on, just do a couple of reposessions for Simeon.

Played a few hours today, f*cking love it. Can see myself sinking a loooot of hours into this game.

Gone above and beyond what I expected, always enjoyed the GTA series by this is by far the best of the bunch so far…

I'd go as far as to say its probably best game I've ever played.

I'm hoping you get to a point where you can plan heists outside of missions. That's what was implied in production but so far it doesn't look promising.

If that is included then almost definitely the best game ever for me.

SPOILER: anyone done the torture mission yet? Actually felt like turning the game off afterwards, but Trevors monologue straight after it made me feel a bit better about what Rockstar was trying to say with it's inclusion. :SPOILER

SPOILER: anyone done the torture mission yet? Actually felt like turning the game off afterwards, but Trevors monologue straight after it made me feel a bit better about what Rockstar was trying to say with it's inclusion. :SPOILER

Yep.

It was a bit.... much.

Found a great article that sums up my feelings towards that mission.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/staying-in/video-games/gta-5s-most-controversial-mission-2279001

The game doesn't actually advocate the use of torture at all, and the fact that the most mental character says it doesn't work proves that.

#spoilers#

And says it just seconds after it is 'proven' to have been effective.

Not that it's explicitly shown to be the correct target.

I fear the satire may be a little too subtle.

Why would your friend have said "soccer" when the GTA games are produced at Rockstar Leeds?

I am studying games design, I know people who know people etc...and you can be sure it is not set in Nottingham. :facepalm:

For anyone who has done the Nottingham side mission already, please mind my smugness as I say "I told you so!" :smug:

been playing it over the weekend.

it is quite good.

seem to spend ages without any missions though. :?

You have to do a lot of juggling between the characters and keep an eye on how many missions each character has ready and available to play.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4