Gta v

saint_bert

anyone else got the atmoic blimp?

My code didn't work to begin with. A few other PS3 owning friends also had that problem.

I was trying to get it sorted out with Amazon, Sony and Rockstar, but I gave it one last go this afternoon and the code finally worked.

Was really cool and chilled... You could go very, very high and it's very easy to control. Cool :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

It's fair to say Trevor is easily becoming one of my favourite video game characters of all time, absolutely hilarious fruitcake of a man.

Totally agreed. I didn't warm to him at first, but then I realised that playing as Trevor gives you complete licence to be utterly random. Whereas I can empathise with the characters of Michael and Franklin, it seems less likely that they'd just spot a security van and think "Ah, let's just blow the doors of this and grab the money". It's exactly what Trevor would do.

Oddly, playing as Trevor I also feel that he's the kind of person that would see someone getting mugged on the side of the street - and would then kill the mugger and return the wallet/purse. He definitely has a good side like that ;)

Finished it yesterday. Great storyline, but I'm struggling to understand the point of money and property. Beyond aiming for trophies / achievements, is there any point buying properties and building cash after the end of the game? Nothing you do in the single player game will affect the online game will it?

I'm still only on 40% completion !!! I keep getting side tracked by fannying about in the wilderness areas, getting parachutes and finding stuff to jump off, stealing fire engines and seeing how far up Mt Chilliad I can take it, punching sharks etc etc.

Having a smoke before switching it on doesn't help...

Online is released tomorrow, be interesting to see what its like. Once you've finished story mode the game is pretty boring unless ya like going round beating people senseless and out running police.

I really would like to know how I could buy the golf club.... Only a 5th of the way there!

Stock market?

Risky business obviously, but that's the only way I can think of.

Essentially you need to save all of Franklin's missions for Lester until the end of the story, then invest based on those missions. I'm attempting to do this on my second play-through.

I think that will be boring to keep all your money tidied away waiting for the end, so I'm buying a few properties early on that I think I should make back my investment and more by the time I reach the end of the game. The others that are ridiculously expensive I'll leave until the end before I buy them.

I really would like to know how I could buy the golf club.... Only a 5th of the way there!

Stock market?

Risky business obviously, but that's the only way I can think of.

Its not risky, as the stock market can be manipulated using criminal actions. Target a companies vehicles and destroy them to bring down the price, buy lots of stock in that company and then target the rival companies vehicles to make your investment rise in value.

Its not risky, as the stock market can be manipulated using criminal actions. Target a companies vehicles and destroy them to bring down the price, buy lots of stock in that company and then target the rival companies vehicles to make your investment rise in value.

I'm not sure about the evidence that that works. Some people have said they've spent ages attacking the assets of one company, whilst invested in their rivals, and it's made no difference whatsoever.

There's an article on IGN about it.

Anyone got online working yet?

Had a last man standing match and a couple of races. Spoiled by immature p/icks who need to be visited by Trevor multiple times to get them to use their mic's without expletives being 90% of their apparent vocabulary.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Had a last man standing match and a couple of races. Spoiled by immature p/icks who need to be visited by Trevor multiple times to get them to use their mic's without expletives being 90% of their apparent vocabulary.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Apparently, anyone reported for using abusive language will have their account set to "bad sport", they will then only be able to play online with other bad sports. Seems fair.

MLG can make even Gta sound dull.

Got a sfc gta crew on ps3 'los santos sfc' ad me psn id pittdogg also has a saints badge as the crew logo so you can put it on your clothes and on your custom car, if you have headsets we can all chat about who we want to get in next year's champions league draw ;-)

Hi everyone, just looking for some opinions about how good this game actually is. I haven't played many console games in the last ten years, in fact the last time I got involved was to but a ps2 and GTA San Andreas, which was about the only game I ever got for it.

My my wife is away a lot on business lately and I have evenings to kill, so I'm wondering if it's worth buying a ps3 and GTA 5 package. I'll never be an up to date, regular gamer again, so I don't care if the ps4 is coming. I just wonder if GTA 5 is enough of a reason to buy a console, I'll probably only ever have about two games. Now the hype is wearing off, how good is it?

norwaysaint. It's my opinion that no game alone is worth buying a system for but GTA 5 is probably the best game of this console generation. I would use it as an excuse to exercise the now affordable back catalogue on the PS3 if you do get one as there is a world of experiences out there. The Mass Effect Trilogy is my favourite series on the current gen consoles giving hundreds of hours of play and costs about £40 for three games.

If you really do have the time to kill and funds, go for it.

Edited by Colinjb

norwaysaint, like colinjb said, the back catalogue for the PS3 is excellent and affordable now. You can pick up most pre-owned games for around £5 and can get hours and hours of gamplay in. I've only had my PS3 for 2 years and it is by far the best console I've ever had. It is also good for free music videos (Vidzone) and streaming wirelessly things like LoveFilm and iPlayer, if you do not have a Smart TV. Games like Fallout3, Red Dead Revolver, Bioshock and Dead Space will see the time gaming fly by. For shorter game periods you can try Fifa and Burnout, both of which are great pick up and play options. I've yet to try Skyrym and GTA V, I'll wait until the price drops on both, but in the meantime I've got Dead Space 2, Far Cry 2 and Bioshock 2 waiting to play. The PS3 is a great piece of kit and I personally would recommend it completely.

Hi everyone, just looking for some opinions about how good this game actually is. I haven't played many console games in the last ten years, in fact the last time I got involved was to but a ps2 and GTA San Andreas, which was about the only game I ever got for it.

My my wife is away a lot on business lately and I have evenings to kill, so I'm wondering if it's worth buying a ps3 and GTA 5 package. I'll never be an up to date, regular gamer again, so I don't care if the ps4 is coming. I just wonder if GTA 5 is enough of a reason to buy a console, I'll probably only ever have about two games. Now the hype is wearing off, how good is it?

I bought the PS3/GTAV package for this reason. £200 in Argos for both, and bought FIFA as well so £240 for all 3 seemed pretty good. Also Gran Turismo 6 comes out soon which I'm a big fan of ...recommend it!

I managed to fail a round of golf because one of my tee shots went a bit left, all the other players had their shots to the green. It reset Franklin to standing on top of the golf course fence, i stepped off and landed on one of my golfing partners and got a wanted level in the process.

Finally completed it today. Went with the option of killing one of them - regretted it after as the way it was done made you feel guilty! Nice that you can still play out the other 2 alternative endings though.

• 4 weeks later...
The stock market. Does it actually work as it was billed to? As in, invest in a company, mess up their rival, your share price rises? I've yet to see it and looking at forums the popular opinion is that no, it doesn't actually happen.

Not noticed it myself apart from when you do the assassination missions with Lester. If you buy the relevant company's shares as you do or shortly after the mission, complete the mission and then sell the shares 3 days later you always get a pretty hefty profit.

On another topic I just love some of the clips when you switch between the characters. I've just switched to Trevor and he's halfway up Mount Gordo wearing a woman's dress. "A less rational man might think he's just been abducted by aliens" :lol:

• 1 month later...
Just finished this now.

Picked option 'C.' What a game.

There's something wrong with you if you don't pick option C, imo.

I see they took a similar line that they did with LA Noire with the "performance" capture.

tumblr_muppvudNXq1qjqxmoo1_1280.jpg

Someone needs to make a Grand Theft Auto TV series happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Late to the party but enjoying the game. I'm still disappointed though that like gta 4 the frame rate is really low and not smooth enough in my opinion. I wish they could get it running at 60fps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

For anyone planning on getting the PS4/Xbox 1 version, there is the option of a First Person mode, which looks pretty cool:

http://kotaku.com/yes-you-should-play-the-new-version-of-gta-v-1659433742?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

There's also some fixes in there. I havn't actually finished the game yet (only actually started a couple of weeks ago despite getting it on release day), but this is making me want to fast track the purchase of a PS4 and get this.