Ed Balls and his rat bag wife

dune

You can raise me anyone you want, that doesn't alter the fact the the shadow Chancellor, and Gordon Brown's right hand man claimed interest of £1,300 when the payemnt was £733. If you cant even get your mortgage paymets right, what hope have you got of running the economy (unless of course, he knew full well what he was doing and was stealing the money)

Really, you think? I was convinced it was just an oversight.

And, at the risk of opening a whole thread on wrong-doers in parliament, how about avuncular Vince Cable?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15458400

See, look, I was right all along:

"A No 10 spokesman said Mr Cable had "rectified an oversight" and the matter had been dealt with."

Fine, upstanding pillars of the community are our british politicians.

See, look, I was right all along:

"A No 10 spokesman said Mr Cable had "rectified an oversight" and the matter had been dealt with."

Fine, upstanding pillars of the community are our british politicians.

Exactly. It was an oversight that no-one had told him it was illegal to conceal earnings from HMRC and he rectified that when they caught him. Nothing to see here.

errr so who exactly is that? can you spare us some examples? anyone on here? sounds like a b0ll0cks phrase used by idiots to me.

A phrase that my Headmaster thought summed up my outlook on life,I never have trusted anyone who has tried to tell me what to think or do,they nearly always have an agenda,Politicians of all persuasions,Social workers, Popes Archbishops etc etc all think they know better than you,I treat them all with the same contempt.You may think I am wrong I may well be,but I am most certainly not an Idiot,just an old Punk who sees it as it is. respect Saint till I die!

I before E except after C. I hope you don't ever take English classes.:rolleyes:

Actually, there are so many exceptions to that rule that it isn't even a rule, and that it is no longer being taught.

Ah yes but in those halcyon days when we had an Empire and went around the world subjugating people for their country's spoils it was a rule. I suspect that Dune would revert back to those days in an instant should he get the choice.

Funny how the Right always resort to insults when they are losing the argument. Meanwhile the country is going down the pan.

I think both sides throw the insults although from what I have seen on a couple of threads today it does seem that Dune is in a particularly bullish mood.

I think both sides throw the insults although from what I have seen on a couple of threads today it does seem that Dune is in a particularly bullish mood.

My threads are always the most popular. You've either got it or you 'ain't'.;)

Dune, you must be really proud of the Tories and the robust way they are treating immigration.

Why didn't anyone else think that cutting staff from the Borders Agency, and counter this by merely telling them not to check people as they were coming into the country, was the way to go.. Absolute genius. Well done Theresa, I certainly know our security is safe in your hands.

You can raise me anyone you want, that doesn't alter the fact the the shadow Chancellor, and Gordon Brown's right hand man claimed interest of £1,300 when the payemnt was £733. If you cant even get your mortgage paymets right, what hope have you got of running the economy (unless of course, he knew full well what he was doing and was stealing the money)

It would seem the amounts involved are in the same ballpark as the Right Hon George Osborne MP who overclaimed his mortgage payments and is actually in charge of running the economy!!!!

I do think the one thing that came out of the "expenses scandal" for me was that I would be loathe to use it to criticise a party, or even an individual when it was so widespread and ingrained right across the political spectrum.

It would seem the amounts involved are in the same ballpark as the Right Hon George Osborne MP who overclaimed his mortgage payments and is actually in charge of running the economy!!!!

I do think the one thing that came out of the "expenses scandal" for me was that I would be loathe to use it to criticise a party, or even an individual when it was so widespread and ingrained right across the political spectrum.

Exactly, who said cross-party consensus was dead.

Labour ahead in the polls, recession starting again, doc fox quits, may on way out, summer riots, student protests, strikes coming from headteachers, teachers nhs etc, council worker strikes, NI corruption, massive cuts to armed forces and police, dave and dune must be really happy with how its going.

Labour ahead in the polls, recession starting again, doc fox quits, may on way out, summer riots, student protests, strikes coming from headteachers, teachers nhs etc, council worker strikes, NI corruption, massive cuts to armed forces and police, dave and dune must be really happy with how its going.

It was always my worry that the new government would proceed in a dogmatic manner rather than a logical manner. The way that Osbourne has ignored all the people warning of a double dip and appears not to have anything approaching a plan B is really worrying. The article on Brown linked earlier is very interesting. By putting recovery ahead of reducing the debt gave a growth for the 3 month of 1.1% Where as the excessive debt reduction we now have looks like it will struggle to produce that much growth in a year. But really its the lack of acknowledgement that the current strategy is causing a problem that is the most worrying.

It was always my worry that the new government would proceed in a dogmatic manner rather than a logical manner. The way that Osbourne has ignored all the people warning of a double dip and appears not to have anything approaching a plan B is really worrying. The article on Brown linked earlier is very interesting. By putting recovery ahead of reducing the debt gave a growth for the 3 month of 1.1% Where as the excessive debt reduction we now have looks like it will struggle to produce that much growth in a year. But really its the lack of acknowledgement that the current strategy is causing a problem that is the most worrying.

Balls is right, VAT needs to go back to 15% now! Then people might actually buy stuff for xmas rather than just going on ebay

Spot on. George thinks if he puts his fingers in his ears it will all turn out swimmingly. He is a complete fool, worse than May, Hague and Fox combined.

Labour ahead in the polls

About time too. Link?

recession starting again

Britain is in a better position than most European neighbours but, yep, agree, we're in danger of being sucked down by the countries we trade with

doc fox quits,

Not earth shattering. Governments of both colours lose ministers due to inadvertent errors of judgement

may on way out,

Maybe. Maybe not, but ditto above

summer riots,

Indeed. Labour must be proud of the generation that grew up during their poor leadership

student protests,

Protests are a sign of a healthy democracy, even though the student's stance is misplaced (in my opinion)

strikes coming from headteachers, teachers nhs etc, council worker strikes,

People going out on strike because they're being asked to work longer and contribute more towards their pensions as a result of everyone living longer. Yeah, those nasty Tories are at it again. But let's sweep under the carpet that for every £9 of Tory cuts the Labour party had planned to cut £8). Vive la difference.

Not forgetting that Labour were planning to freeze NHS budgets whereas the Tories have increased it.

NI corruption,

Northern Ireland or National Insurance? Sorry, not familiar with this one. No doubt the incompetent Tories have cocked up somewhere along the line though.

massive cuts to armed forces and police,
"Massive"? Again, Labour were planning cuts that weren't a million miles away from the Tories.

dave and dune must be really happy with how its going.

Every reason to be relatively happy with progress thus far. Of course, there will always be a part of society that will want to see the nasty Tories fail at all costs and will perpetuate and exaggerate myths to satisfy the means to an end.

I bid you good evening sir :-)

The one I linked is the latest one; most of the others I found were not so recent.

Really? That's such a crazy thing. I can't get my head around that. I mean fancy the most recent one being more recent than older ones.

Scroll down, look to the right under "Latest Polling Intentions" where it lists poll results and the company. You will notice that all the polls listed give labour the lead.

or look here:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention

Ok. Thanks. Apologies, I just skim read the headline poll on the link. As I say, given the bad press the coalition has had over their first 18 months it's long overdue that Labour are starting to register a lead in the polls. I'm surprised it's taken them so long to have an impact on the views of the public.

If you understood psephology you would know that many polls report frequently and often within a day or two of each other :rolleyes:

Really? Wow, that is so mental. You mean like someone does a poll and then someone else does a poll and then someone else does one. That is well f/cked up.

My threads are always the most popular. You've either got it or you 'ain't'.;)

Note how I used apostrophes.

Two correct apostrophes, two totally unnecessary quote marks - or did you think they're apostrophes too?

No matter, of graver concern is your unhealthy obsession with Ed Balls' wife; all those derogatory comments are such a transparent attempt to hide very different feelings. You really need to be more honest with yourself.