The little pins with the poppies

bungle

I am on poppy number 3 this year already.

Getting quite expensive.

Do you donate less and less for each poppy, or the same amount for each one? I am never sure what to do, but tend to end up feeling guilty and donating more for some reason.

Do you donate less and less for each poppy, or the same amount for each one? I am never sure what to do, but tend to end up feeling guilty and donating more for some reason.

It's been 3 x £2 so far.

What is the going rate for a poppy these days?

Why can I never get them to stay in properly? I always have to get about 4 poppies per year. Am I missing something? Do they have a magic little button on the end which gets them to stay in the shirt?

Just think of the happy 4 people who pick your one off the floor and steal your patriotism. I've seen people do that before. What is the point?

When i was at school, i used to put two pence into the collection pot for my poppy, because i didn't know the meaning of it and didn't want to waste my pocket money. That, and i didn't want to look out of place for not wearing one. Now i always put two quid in.

I went to pin a poppy in and stabbed myself in the chest. It was very painful and I felt nothing but anger towards those ex service men. I then threw my poppy to the floor in disgust. I mat sue them for the damage their accessory has done to my chest.

I wear a poppy to commemmorate all the brave Afghani heroin farmers.

Wow!

Tiggs and Wiltshire on line within minutes of each other, what a coincidence :shock:

I have purchased 2 so far, one is on my coat, the other is stuck with blue-tack to my pc. I think it'd be a good idea to do pin ones (like the breast cancer ones).

I found myself checking out how many people were wearing one on the train today & discovered that not many were. Quite shocking considering these people lost their lives fighting for our freedom. :mad:

I have purchased 2 so far, one is on my coat, the other is stuck with blue-tack to my pc. I think it'd be a good idea to do pin ones (like the breast cancer ones).

I found myself checking out how many people were wearing one on the train today & discovered that not many were. Quite shocking considering these people lost their lives fighting for our freedom. :mad:

Why were there dead people on a train?

Remarkably still on initial poppy of the year. It has fallen off on a number of occasions, but have been able to rescue both poppy and pin each time. Still annoying though.

I suspect Hatch is up to poppy number 7?

Bought number 6 at the station this morning. The lady let me have 2 pins.

3 in 3 days now. Not including the 2 I bought the kids.

I think the art is to put the pin in from the back, out the front and back to the back. The slide the poppy in so the extra bit of "stem" near the head in below the pin line, meaning a secure hold.

I go in front, then back out again (this is where poppy stem goes) then throught to the back again.

Maybe colleges should have evening classes where we can go to learn the art of poppy pinning.

I think the art is to put the pin in from the back, out the front and back to the back. The slide the poppy in so the extra bit of "stem" near the head in below the pin line, meaning a secure hold.

What useless advice!

I tried this and immediately lost my first poppy of the year and have now donated again for a 2nd. I am not trying to catch Hatch.

What useless advice!

I tried this and immediately lost my first poppy of the year and have now donated again for a 2nd. I am not trying to catch Hatch.

That's becuase you didn't push the pin back out again at the end. I've worn mine this way for three days on the spin at work, and have been doing some carrying/lifting work, and it hasn't failed on me once.

I am the poppy pin master.

Only the fourth when you wrote this, what is considered enough time before hand to put it on? I have purchased mine but I will not be putting it on until this weekend.

P.S I'm all for the poppy cause but, as you say, they fought and died for our freedom, if that freedom includes exercising one's right to not wear a poppy, so be it.

B&Q store removes pins from Poppy box

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/3810666.You_can_buy_craft_knife____but_not_a_pin_for_poppy/

“I jokingly asked her if it was because of health and safety, and she said ‘yes".

“They will sell you Stanley knives and things like angle grinders, but they won’t give you a pin.”

Amazing crazy times we live in!

BTW The best way to attach your poppy is to pass the pin through the cloth, through the plastic stem, then back through the cloth. A good tip also is to use the 'butterfly' from an earing on the end. I was amazed to find over a million results when i 'googled' this.

Edited by hamster