Does Jan actually have a clue what he is doing?

Thedelldays

im not making a statement just asking...i admit, I cant be arsed to go anymore...not because of lowe but I refuse to pay so much to see crap.....

now, so many have said jan is making loads of changes before and during games...granted some are forced but all of them?

I am wondering, does he actually know what he is doing? does have actually have an idea of his best 11..?

Edited by Thedelldays

The players just aren't up to scratch, we don't have enough ability in the starting XI and no way near enough cover. Having Holmes, Perry and Schneiderlin all injured at the same time isn't helping either. Having to start with people like Gobern and Thomson is never going to end well.

Starting to feel sorry for Jan, he's basically got a near impossible job. I'm pretty sure other than right midfield he knows his best side now, it's just keeping those players fit and available.

His manner during games, his obsession with playing one upfront when it CLEARLY does not work, and his increasingly desperate statements after games all tend to confirm that he is in way over his head. Not his fault - he's a nice guy it would appear; and who wouldn't take a gig like this if it were offered? - but this is only going to end badly. If Rupert thought the last time was ugly, this is going to be a whole new ball game.....

I am willing to cut Jan some slack, owing to the tought circumstances he's had to work with.

However, recently his team selections and tactics have been poor. It's a trip back to the, "I could pick a better team myself" days of Burley's second year in charge.

Jan is doing what Lowe has hired him to do. It's typical Lowe - everyone else plays 4-4-2 so Lowe wants saints playing different because Lowe knows better than everyone else. The same goes for putting out a team of kids - it's Lowes master plan because Lowe knows better than everyone else. It's not a financial decision, **** me League 1, League 2, and the Conference sides have a mix of players - just cos a player is over 22 doesn't mean they can't be brought in for free or on loan and paid the same, or less, wages than our team of kids.

Our squad is crap. For the last few seasons we've been underperforming with the players at our disposal, now we're not underperforming - the players are giving it their all but the truth is that this is not good enough.

Our first team squad is basically a bog stadard CCC youth/reserves side. I'm not even sure we'd be able to survive in League 1 with the players we've got and i don't think we'd even challenge in League 2.

People have to understand Jan is not used to competative football management. Hanging around the 4th-to 6th tier of holland is not quite the same as the CCC is it. He doesn't seem to understand tactics. We have some good players but they are not being used right. Lallana in my view is one of these players. Pearson seemed to get a lot of good out of him but since then he has sort of gone off the boil a bit. The whole point of a manager is to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. So the question is he doing that? Personally i think no. His formations, team selections and positionings are totally baffling. He says the team can't play 4-4-2 etc.. we saw we were a far better side switching to 4-4-2 yesterday so that shows they can. So i don't think he is clueless but he is doing the wrong things, he is doing them on purpose because he has his own ideoligy on how the game should be played. You live and die by your choices and his are making him die.

People have to understand Jan is not used to competative football management. Hanging around the 4th-to 6th tier of holland is not quite the same as the CCC is it. He doesn't seem to understand tactics. We have some good players but they are not being used right. Lallana in my view is one of these players. Pearson seemed to get a lot of good out of him but since then he has sort of gone off the boil a bit. The whole point of a manager is to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. So the question is he doing that? Personally i think no. His formations, team selections and positionings are totally baffling. He says the team can't play 4-4-2 etc.. we saw we were a far better side switching to 4-4-2 yesterday so that shows they can. So i don't think he is clueless but he is doing the wrong things, he is doing them on purpose because he has his own ideoligy on how the game should be played. You live and die by your choices and his are making him die.

If i may correct you - Jan is not our manager, he's a coach who does what Lowe and Wotte tell him with the players Lowe and Wotte choose for him.

What does Jan know about the opponents? Nothing!

Does Jan know why he keeps changing the CBs?

Does Jan understand what a full back looks like? Or is the truth that he has to wait until he gets Lowe's "PickNmix list" to see who he is allowed to select from?

The players just aren't up to scratch, we don't have enough ability in the starting XI and no way near enough cover. Having Holmes, Perry and Schneiderlin all injured at the same time isn't helping either. Having to start with people like Gobern and Thomson is never going to end well.

He didn't have to start with Gobern and Thomson, he chose to. He could have had Gobern on the bench again, with Euell starting, which is what any sane coach would have done. Were Perry and Spiderman injured? We cannot make excuses for Nice but Dim Jan, he is out of his depth, thats what happens when you pluck a coach from the 4th tier of Dutch football.

He didn't have to start with Gobern and Thomson, he chose to. He could have had Gobern on the bench again, with Euell starting, which is what any sane coach would have done. Were Perry and Spiderman injured? We cannot make excuses for Nice but Dim Jan, he is out of his depth, thats what happens when you pluck a coach from the 4th tier of Dutch football.

Yeah, it was certainly strange that Euell didn't start. There seems to be at least one strange inclusion each week. We need to get back to playing more experienced players like against Sheffield United.

I think Perry had the flu still, no idea about Schneiderlin he was probably in London having a look round the Emirates ;)

What does Jan know about the opponents? Nothing!

Does Jan know why he keeps changing the CBs?

Does Jan understand what a full back looks like? Or is the truth that he has to wait until he gets Lowe's "PickNmix list" to see who he is allowed to select from?

Wasn't he a fullback in Holland's world cup squad of 1978? You know, the one that lost in the final to Argentina.

I thought our fullbacks did ok yesterday. Centrebacks less well.

think NP only used him twice as sub for last ten mins of last two games? His best football is in this system under JP -its the others that struggle with it!

think NP only used him twice as sub for last ten mins of last two games? His best football is in this system under JP -its the others that struggle with it!

Actually Pearson was restricted in picking Lallana last season like most managers here as he had a re-occuring calf injury that meant he wasn't available or match fit. Look it up on the OS you know you love to dig up facts in your quest.

im not making a statement just asking...i admit, I cant be arsed to go anymore...not because of lowe but I refuse to pay so much to see crap.....

now, so many have said jan is making loads of changes before and during games...granted some are forced but all of them?

I am wondering, does he actually know what he is doing? does have actually have an idea of his best 11..?

No. I have typed it a few times now but I noticed it about 4 weeks ago at SMS.

Jan does nothing in the game except look puzzled until Wotte approaches him from behind and suggests a decision on a sub. I promise you... I saw it once then the next game made a point of studying him.

The C3PO characature of him is spot on in my opinion. A clueless robot owned by another man who speaks a number of languages but fundamentally is here to please his boss and cause mayhem.

15237.jpg

Jan the fraud Portaloo.

RTEmagicC_simon-at-garforth_01.jpg.jpg

Simon the fraud Clifford ........................... another Lowedite SCW idea.

Yeah, it was certainly strange that Euell didn't start. There seems to be at least one strange inclusion each week. We need to get back to playing more experienced players like against Sheffield United.

I think Perry had the flu still, no idea about Schneiderlin he was probably in London having a look round the Emirates ;)

Looked ok to me when he got out of his car before the game.

Actually Pearson was restricted in picking Lallana last season like most managers here as he had a re-occuring calf injury that meant he wasn't available or match fit. Look it up on the OS you know you love to dig up facts in your quest.

so I was right? cheers.

No. I have typed it a few times now but I noticed it about 4 weeks ago at SMS.

Jan does nothing in the game except look puzzled until Wotte approaches him from behind and suggests a decision on a sub. I promise you... I saw it once then the next game made a point of studying him.

The C3PO characature of him is spot on in my opinion. A clueless robot owned by another man who speaks a number of languages but fundamentally is here to please his boss and cause mayhem.

15237.jpg

Jan the fraud Portaloo.

RTEmagicC_simon-at-garforth_01.jpg.jpg

Simon the fraud Clifford ........................... another Lowedite SCW idea.

Wotte sits in the directors box next to Lowe

or maybe Saintrobbie is making it up?

Might not be as JP complained he could not see the flags during one game as there were too many fans in the way...so I imagine Wotte had to go down to the dugout and tell JP what Lowey required. I thought big clubs use ear pieces.. modern technology and all that.. but we are poor...hence the flags.

On one visit to the dug out Wotte saw Lowey who had got down there first...So I am told all three were running the side....The Three Musketeers.

Does JP know what he is doing?

Yep.

He is doing what everybody else on the planet does in order to keep being employed.

He's doing what his boss tells him.....

But most enlightened bosses at least allow input from their employees, especially those they so called entrust as experts in their areas, such as football coaches for instance. Not everyone acts like a sheep when they are at work.

here we go, once again predicting doom and gloom , the question is whether we would be doing any better with last seasons team ,which had the players which we loaned out this season and nearly got us relegated.

i am still backing our team to get it right and unless we get a investor in ,we have no choice but to go down this route.

here we go, once again predicting doom and gloom , the question is whether we would be doing any better with last seasons team ,which had the players which we loaned out this season and nearly got us relegated.

i am still backing our team to get it right and unless we get a investor in ,we have no choice but to go down this route.

Well everything maybe sweetness and light with your rose tinted glasses on but those of us in the real world realise we are in deep ****e!

You may be happy watching the turgid dross served up in the first half and the inability to hit the target from 10 yards in the second but some of us want better results than 1 win in 8! 5 wins out of 20 home games.

Don't give me all this happy clappy crap as I have been watching this team home and away since the mid 60's.

Yes I am aware the managers hands are tied but saying its a phsycological problem is ridiculous its tactics and the inability to put the right formation on at the right time...sorry but I am still fuming after Saturdays first half show when he was happy to just let it ride.

Complete rubbish, we were obviously forced to play some kids, just like every other skint team has done in the past 100 years. There was absolutely no need for experimental set-ups or gambling on untried foreign managers.

We've brought in 11 - 12 new players this season so there was enough scope to do things differently.

But most enlightened bosses at least allow input from their employees, especially those they so called entrust as experts in their areas, such as football coaches for instance. Not everyone acts like a sheep when they are at work.

I rest my case.........

Obviously, one successful way to employ people is to hire people who are experts and then listen to their advice.

Then there appears to be our way at the moment

Either Lowe is the anti-Christ or the Messiah, but as most on here tend towards the former I think it would make my point pretty close to the consensus truth on here.;)

it is Hockaday you are right

At blast - I can post again! :)

I think you may be right Nick and Scummer. Sorry to have misled but I assumed it was Wotte. Anyway in reflection I am even more worried now. I challenge people to watch Jan in his technical area and watch how Hockaday or whichever even more insignificant (or not in this case!) coach interacts with him.

Those who have noticed already how inanimate Jan is should watch to see if he responds to this thread!

Bottom line.. he takes his instructions from behind. He doesnt generate the tactics... Hockaday/Wotte or whomsoever it is generates the kick up the arse he needs to make a decision.

Jan is not a leader. I know leaders at this level. I work with professionals who require leadership and can recognise someone who doesnt have a clue when the going gets tough.

Nick - for all your doubts... I was shocked when I studies Jan in his dug out. I really was.

He is so poor. So uninspirational. So undermined. So over tolerated by punch-struck Itcheners. He will lead us with Lowes direction down. Absolutely no doubt.

Ironically I would think someone like Stuart Pearce might save us in this league right now. Fantasy football coach won't.