What Wilde really thinks of Lowe

Long Shot

This is what Wilde said about Lowe in February 2008 in an e mail - I think it sums up how the duo are unfit to be in the position they are.

Basically Wilde is accusing Lowe of deliberatly sabotaging the Boardroom with the insistence that a destructive and divisive person be appointed. Thanks Rupert.

"Unfortunately Leon Crouch was the 'poison pill' that Rupert Lowe forced upon the new management team at the point of his resignation - I did not want him appointed as a director at that time as I knew how divisive and destructive he could be - Rupert Lowe also knew this and insisted on his appointment as a condition of his stand down".

This is what Wilde said about Lowe in February 2008 in an e mail - I think it sums up how the duo are unfit to be in the position they are.

Basically Wilde is accusing Lowe of deliberatly sabotaging the Boardroom with the insistence that a destructive and divisive person be appointed. Thanks Rupert.

"Unfortunately Leon Crouch was the 'poison pill' that Rupert Lowe forced upon the new management team at the point of his resignation - I did not want him appointed as a director at that time as I knew how divisive and destructive he could be - Rupert Lowe also knew this and insisted on his appointment as a condition of his stand down".

I'm assuming you've got Michael Wilde's permission to reproduce his words from an email?

Unless the email was to you?

Who cares if he has Wilde's permission.

Exactly. Considering the 180 degree turn that Wilde made cosying up to Lowe after ousting him, he is hardly the shining beacon of moral rectitude himself, is he? And unless I missed it, he didn't publish his reasons for this about turn either.

The real problem is that with Wilde and Lowe there is no honesty any more within the boardroom

For any person to say that they care is just ridiculous, they are in pursuit of their own private agenda of retribution.

Moreover the childish schoolyard politics is nothing short of crazy.

For lack of information to the contrary I exclude Leon Crouch at this time.

I may be proven to be wrong in the fruture but I don't think so!

That makes no sense to me ........ at the time, Wilde was aligning his shares AGAINST Lowe ..... which meant that he could command MORE shares than Lowe's Side ..... so Lowe would not have survived a Vote .........

.... therefore .... exactly HOW could Lowe INSIST on the appointment of anybody as a condition of his "stand down" ........ He would have been voted OUT anyway ???

Whay have I missed ???

That makes no sense to me ........ at the time, Wilde was aligning his shares AGAINST Lowe ..... which meant that he could command MORE shares than Lowe's Side ..... so Lowe would not have survived a Vote .........

.... therefore .... exactly HOW could Lowe INSIST on the appointment of anybody as a condition of his "stand down" ........ He would have been voted OUT anyway ???

Whay have I missed ???

The point you missed is that, assuming Wilde did say this, then he is an even bigger chump than many of us take him for. This is the idiot that is effectively pulling the strings at SLH plc these days, by giving his backing to Lowe life. If the man thought he had to take Crouch because Lowe insisted as a condition to him "steppping down" then he is not fit to serve the Club. Lowe was on his way out, with or without Crouch's support.

The real problem is that with Wilde and Lowe there is no honesty any more within the boardroom

For any person to say that they care is just ridiculous, they are in pursuit of their own private agenda of retribution.

Moreover the childish schoolyard politics is nothing short of crazy.

For lack of information to the contrary I exclude Leon Crouch at this time.

I may be proven to be wrong in the fruture but I don't think so!

Pretty much spot on I would say.

Included in the rest of the e mail Wilde is very damning of Crouch, basically upset I think because Crouch had not invited him back onto the board.

He says " LC's argument for getting rid of the 3 executives was so the board could be restructured to represent shareholder interests more closely; bring in more expertise; and return the power to the non executives - it is interesting that during the last 2 months since their removal - a critical time for the club - nothing has been done - meaning that we now have an impotent PLC board with no-one to put a check on LC's excesses - Trant is more concerned with his own business - Wiseman is waiting to retire and secure his Vice-Presidency - Hoos has been appointed beyond his competence and Jones has insufficient strength to be regarded as a Finance Director within the proper meaning of that term"

The point you missed is that, assuming Wilde did say this, then he is an even bigger chump than many of us take him for. This is the idiot that is effectively pulling the strings at SLH plc these days, by giving his backing to Lowe life. If the man thought he had to take Crouch because Lowe insisted as a condition to him "steppping down" then he is not fit to serve the Club. Lowe was on his way out, with or without Crouch's support.

Fair enough ....

But, I still do not understand. If Lowe was on his way out, without the Share support of Wilde .... WHY does Wilde say that Lowe was in the position to insist on anything .....He wasn't .....

Whay have I missed ???

it's a fair point and I think Wilde is probably lying or trying to undermine Crouch and Lowe with one bullet. On the other hand Lowe could have asked for this 'poison pill' and been given it because at the time Wilde was getting on with Crouch and had no reason to see it a bad appointment. It's all very murky - either way it does not paint Wilde or Lowe to be men who would put the club irst.

Fair enough ....

But, I still do not understand. If Lowe was on his way out, without the Share support of Wilde .... WHY does Wilde say that Lowe was in the position to insist on anything .....He wasn't .....

Don't forget Wilde has a habit of re-writing history. As one of the SoS team reminded us the other day soon after their meeting with Wilde he was on the phone to Lowe's lot telling them the SoS team had said they wanted Wilde back as Chairman.

Question remains however did Lowe dliberately foist on the club a man he knew to be "divisive and destructive" and if so, Why?

Don't forget Wilde has a habit of re-writing history. As one of the SoS team reminded us the other day soon after their meeting with Wilde he was on the phone to Lowe's lot telling them the SoS team had said they wanted Wilde back as Chairman.

Question remains however did Lowe dliberately foist on the club a man he knew to be "divisive and destructive" and if so, Why?

I'm not sure that Lowe doesn't have some strings attached to the stadium loan and can always dictate terms and conditions for it's transfer to a new board.

Someone who seemed vastly informed (and I don't mean Morph,LLS or St David) told us so in a brief interjection late one night a couple of years back.

Can't remember who or why or how but it stuck in my memory.

Sorry to bang on about this but ....

At the time, Lowe knew that he WAS on the way out, because with Wilde aligning agaibst him, THAT swung the Scales against Lowe

Therefore he KNEW he would NOT win a voie

So, I ask again, WHY does Wilde say that Lowe could INSIST on any thing ???

That's a bit like Hitler, on the last day in the Berlin Bunker telling the Allies " I'll only surrender if you make Goerbals Chancellor."

Strikes me as a teensy bit hypocritical for Wilde to say, at the 'takeover', that he didn't want crouch on the board, and then later that he was angry at Crouch's exclusion of him from the board.

Not to mention to distinct whiff of self-serving rubbish.

I'm not sure that Lowe doesn't have some strings attached to the stadium loan and can always dictate terms and conditions for it's transfer to a new board.

Someone who seemed vastly informed (and I don't mean Morph,LLS or St David) told us so in a brief interjection late one night a couple of years back.

Can't remember who or why or how but it stuck in my memory.

So is this why takeovers don't happen - we're effectively being held to ransom?

Lowe doesn't have any strings attached to the stadium "loan" whatsoever. Not an issue. He has no personal influence on this whatsoever in the way you worry.

It may have arisen when Jonah was making mischief making and scare mongering in the run up to EGM calling for Lowe's removal by claiming the loan note holders could invoke a clause regarding change of ownership, coveniently forgetting that a change of ownership was not taking place!!!!!!!

It was such a noddy argument.

(Interestingly it wasn't regurgitated when Lowe & Wilde called an EGM, go figure!!).

At the time, Lowe knew that he WAS on the way out, because with Wilde aligning agaibst him, THAT swung the Scales against Lowe

That's a bit like Hitler, on the last day in the Berlin Bunker telling the Allies " I'll only surrender if you make Goerbals Chancellor."

It might be better to go back and have a look at the archives and the run up to that EGM, but from memory I think the issue was that at the start Wilde had never actually agreed to have Crouch on the board.

The manifesto certainly never had Crouch down as one of the proposed Directors.

He knew he needed Crouch's support, but I also understand that whilst Crouch wanted Lowe out, Crouch wasn't overly sure about Wilde and his team.

There was a possibility that Crouch could vote against Lowe et al, but also abstain regarding the 5 replacements.

Crouch met with Lowe a few times in the run up, including offering him an important position under Lowe if he didn't side with Wilde.

At the same time it would appear that Wilde didn't want Crouch on board, as judging by this e mail, both he and Lowe thought he would be difficult to work with.

So how does Lowe influence Wilde to get Crouch on board????

Maybe Crouch used him to get Wilde to get him on the board in return for avoiding a messy EGM. Other tahn that I'm open to suggestions.

But did Lowe really facilitate all this knowing just how much of a tinderbox it was??? That sounds pretty spiteful & petty, but at the same time I'm just not sure I buy it. Which then brings us back to Wilde writing such stuff!!!!!

Whichever way you look at it, throw in the Runnymede action pints, the email to Stanley (regarding never allowing Lowe back in) and other snippets from Lowe/Wilde/others, and there's no way this current set up offers stability!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if he still holds that view of his Finance Director?????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wilde has a talent for p!ssing people off, it seems (by way of understatement).

Has Michael NO friends left? I can't see any of the ProLo's on this thread - unless they're all late risers.

Just basic logic tells you that this is ******. If Crouch insists upon a seat on the board, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Because not only do you need Crouch's votes to remove Lowe, you equally need his votes to elect a new board. Without a new board, nothing would happen.

So trying to make up this convoluted bolllox that Lowe had this influence is stupid beyond imagination. Crouch always had that power and there was no way of bypassing him.

Or are the Walter Mitty's trying to tell us that Wilde said to Lowe "we will kick you out, but then back my board upon being removed?"

Lowe doesn't have any strings attached to the stadium "loan" whatsoever. Not an issue. He has no personal influence on this whatsoever in the way you worry.

It may have arisen when Jonah was making mischief making and scare mongering in the run up to EGM calling for Lowe's removal by claiming the loan note holders could invoke a clause regarding change of ownership, coveniently forgetting that a change of ownership was not taking place!!!!!!!

It was such a noddy argument.

(Interestingly it wasn't regurgitated when Lowe & Wilde called an EGM, go figure!!).

Hmmm, If Jonah said it ,well then he probably had his reasons. Doesn't usually go in for baseless scaremongering does Jonah.I know who he is though

and what he has said always makes sense to me, knowing how clued up he is and all that.

Hmmm, If Jonah said it ,well then he probably had his reasons. Doesn't usually go in for baseless scaremongering does Jonah.I know who he is though

and what he has said always makes sense to me, knowing how clued up he is and all that.

Well he wasn't clued up about this one!!!!!!

It was blatant scaremongering, and as for his reasons, well of course you can ask him direct if you know him.

Lowe has no personal strings attached to the loan notes (other than what he would have a normal capacity as a CEO, i.e. the loan note holders might/might not have confidence in his management).

Well he wasn't clued up about this one!!!!!!

It was blatant scaremongering, and as for his reasons, well of course you can ask him direct if you know him.

Lowe has no personal strings attached to the loan notes (other than what he would have a normal capacity as a CEO, i.e. the loan note holders might/might not have confidence in his management).

Well I'm sure he'll explain it if he feels it's relevant or necessary. Strange thing is I don't think it was Jonah at all who told us that. It was an ephemerous poster who made just a few succinct interventions and faded away.

Well I'm sure he'll explain it if he feels it's relevant or necessary. Strange thing is I don't think it was Jonah at all who told us that. It was an ephemerous poster who made just a few succinct interventions and faded away.

I doubt he will (he certainly wouldn't do it when challenged about it in 2006, nor two years later!!!).

But this is a non issue. Any "personal guarantees"/"strings attached" would have to declared in the accounts.

That sounds about right. Crouch never was part of the great Wilde masterplan.

Pretty much spot on I would say.

Included in the rest of the e mail Wilde is very damning of Crouch, basically upset I think because Crouch had not invited him back onto the board.

He [Wilde]says "Jones has insufficient strength to be regarded as a Finance Director within the proper meaning of that term"

I will be sending a copy of this thread to finance director Dave Jones email.;)

Crouch was destructive at the board meetings - so that much is true

and he was playing Lowe and Wilde off against each other to get a seat on the board right up to the wire

Crouch sided with Hone to drive Wilde out of the boardroom and then with Trant opposed Hone, Hoos and Oldknow in virtually every matter until he could force them out

Wilde then returned the favour

Jones was a yes man to Lowe and then to Hone - unfortunately

there are no saviours or good guys amongst the motley crew of directors we've been inflicted with over the last decade or so

Hone, Hoos, Oldknow, Crouch, Wilde, Lowe, Cowan, Askham, Richards, Wiseman - they are all as bad as each other - put their egos first and their own interests above those of SFC

Should make the AGM very interesting.

Both the Dark Lord and Judas must be voted for at this years AGM (because they were both appointed to the board since the last AGM)

I have visions of Jasper Carrott’s Golden Balls show where the 2 finalists have a choice to SPLIT or STEAL, with both the Dark Lord and Judas saying to each other “don’t worry xyz I will split with you”, but at the back of minds they will be thinking “can I trust him, if he decides to Steal, then it is almost certain the rest of the Fans/Shareholders will vote against me and I will be out”

It has been rumoured to me that the Dark Lord (and his cohorts) will attempt to get rid of Judas by changing their votes to “Steal“ at the very very very last moment knowing that MW would need Leon support to get back (which is unlikely), and calling an EGM would almost certainly sent the Club into Admin, which Judas cannot afford to do either.

The Dark Lord will then appoint his old cohorts back onto the board, knowing that Judas will not have the stamina to stay around for another 12 months.

Should make the AGM very interesting.

Both the Dark Lord and Judas must be voted for at this years AGM (because they were both appointed to the board since the last AGM)

I have visions of Jasper Carrott’s Golden Balls show where the 2 finalists have a choice to SPLIT or STEAL, with both the Dark Lord and Judas saying to each other “don’t worry xyz I will split with you”, but at the back of minds they will be thinking “can I trust him, if he decides to Steal, then it is almost certain the rest of the Fans/Shareholders will vote against me and I will be out”

It has been rumoured to me that the Dark Lord (and his cohorts) will attempt to get rid of Judas by changing their votes to “Steal“ at the very very very last moment knowing that MW would need Leon support to get back (which is unlikely), and calling an EGM would almost certainly sent the Club into Admin, which Judas cannot afford to do either.

The Dark Lord will then appoint his old cohorts back onto the board, knowing that Judas will not have the stamina to stay around for another 12 months.

Although i can't stomach Lowe it would be amusing to see Wilde backstabbed like he backstabbed the fans when he did his u-turn.

Although i can't stomach Lowe it would be amusing to see Wilde backstabbed like he backstabbed the fans when he did his u-turn.

If what is rumoured on here is true then Lowe inviting more people back won't make any difference to what is happening now. Therefore I would find Wilde getting dumped very amusing.

No one has attempted to answer why Lowe thought it OK, upon his leaving, to slip the club a "poisoned pill". Was he prepared to jeopardise the club's future just to get even. Wilde's allegation is incredibly serious.

You are not looking for an answer, if true, you will have already been informed as to the alleged reason why.

Who are you representing on here ?

You have come from a 'chance' meeting with Falsehope, to inside information on financials culminating in reproducing e-mails from the Chairman, no doubt you "are not at liberty to say" huh

Your reference to the e-mail in another thread didn't get you/it the attention you thought it deserved so you decide to start a new look how much I know thread, clearly you have an agenda(schedule of duties) please tell us who you are carrying out these duties for ?

Edited by INFLUENCED.COM

You are not looking for an answer, if true, you will have already been informed as to the alleged reason why.

You have come from a 'chance' meeting with Falsehope, to inside information on financials culminating in reproducing e-mails from the Chairman, no doubt you "are not at liberty to say" huh

Your reference to the e-mail in another thread didn't get you/it the attention you thought it deserved so you decide to start a new look how much I know thread, clearly you have an agenda(schedule of duties) please tell us who you are carrying out these duties for ?

I represent myself.

I seek no particular attention.

I merely want my football club to be run by people of rational/worthy character.

This e mail proves both Wilde and Lowe not to be rational or worthy.

Simple enough for you?

Go find another messenger to shoot.:rolleyes:

A fair comment IMO given past precedents for posters like Tommac, HelpMeRhonda, Morph, Longlife and Divvy David.;)

All this subtle nudging and winking is rather tiresome. If you've got something to say just say and cut with the crap.

I mean no offence Long Shot as your views tie in with mine.

No one has attempted to answer why Lowe thought it OK, upon his leaving, to slip the club a "poisoned pill". Was he prepared to jeopardise the club's future just to get even. Wilde's allegation is incredibly serious.

Wilde's allegation is nonsense.

Once Lowe was out the door he had no influence one way or the other on who or what did whatever.

If Wilde honestly believed this then he has a smaller grasp on reality than Scooby and tommac put together, and really is better off just being ignored.

Wilde's allegation is nonsense.

Once Lowe was out the door he had no influence one way or the other on who or what did whatever.

If Wilde honestly believed this then he has a smaller grasp on reality than Scooby and tommac put together, and really is better off just being ignored.

This is how it really works.

Crouch held the balance. Of that I know because the Wilde bunch told me at the Northam meeting. At that meeting Crouch kept his powder dry and his cards close to his chest.

He approached Lowe to discuss but ultimately could see that Lowe had lost the support of the fans and that keeping him in power would have been divisive. However he held 10% of the shares and wanted a position on the board.

With his votes tipping the balance Wilde had no alternative but to give him a place. If he had not, Lowe would, to keep him in power.

So Lowe was to blame and Wilde was correct but stretching it to the level he did in the email made me smile at the time it was sent.

What the disclosure does show is, with opinions like this, how can Wilde work with Lowe? Ego, Ego, Ego and of course a fear of losing everything.

There is support for Lowe (minor) and many against but I have yet to hear any good word for Wilde. Surely he would be better off selling up now even if it is to Crouch supporters.

It will change the balance nicely. It may not help solve the issues but it will be a start. One out of the way for good.

Crouch held the balance. Of that I know because the Wilde bunch told me at the Northam meeting. At that meeting Crouch kept his powder dry and his cards close to his chest.

He approached Lowe to discuss but ultimately could see that Lowe had lost the support of the fans and that keeping him in power would have been divisive. However he held 10% of the shares and wanted a position on the board.

With his votes tipping the balance Wilde had no alternative but to give him a place. If he had not, Lowe would, to keep him in power.

So Lowe was to blame and Wilde was correct but stretching it to the level he did in the email made me smile at the time it was sent.

What the disclosure does show is, with opinions like this, how can Wilde work with Lowe? Ego, Ego, Ego and of course a fear of losing everything.

There is support for Lowe (minor) and many against but I have yet to hear any good word for Wilde. Surely he would be better off selling up now even if it is to Crouch supporters.

It will change the balance nicely. It may not help solve the issues but it will be a start. One out of the way for good.

Thanks WS - a good and accurate analysis.

What is interesting is how Wilde was trying to sell it (Crouch's appointment)to the recipient of the e mail. Blaming Lowe, in fact almost slandering him if it wasn't true.

This e mail proves both Wilde and Lowe not to be rational or worthy.

Simple enough for you?

Nothing about this is simple, the communication means very little as the author has demonstrated in the past he can not be trusted and am disappointed he holds the position he does, as he facilitated Lowes return that was to be expected.

What is simple is that if those you champion show some intent then and only then can we see an alternative exsists, their standing by will turn them from perspective white knights charging in to save the club into vultures swooping in for their own financial gain.

Tell us, what is the hold up ?

Originally Posted by Weston Saint viewpost.gif

Thanks WS - a good and accurate analysis.

What is interesting is how Wilde was trying to sell it (Crouch's appointment)to the recipient of the e mail. Blaming Lowe, in fact almost slandering him if it wasn't true.

Is this the post for the bleedin obvious? If you can't even work out the most basic of issues, best to keep quiet and leave some doubt. Are you sure you are not Mark Dennis? he's the only other one I know who can't do anything past 10 without wearing open sandals.

Nothing about this is simple, the communication means very little as the author has demonstrated in the past he can not be trusted and am disappointed he holds the position he does, as he facilitated Lowes return that was to be expected.

What is simple is that if those you champion show some intent then and only then can we see an alternative exsists, their standing by will turn them from perspective white knights charging in to save the club into vultures swooping in for their own financial gain.

Tell us, what is the hold up ?

One thing is clear to me from what I know from both sides. There is no money or just a couple of million at the most. It will be a shuffle of the pack. Different idea's, different styles. Who is best suited? Who knows as they have all had a chance previously.

One thing is clear to me from what I know from both sides. There is no money or just a couple of million at the most. It will be a shuffle of the pack. Different idea's, different styles. Who is best suited? Who knows as they have all had a chance previously.

Without the money they will not have the freedom/luxury to try different ideas or styles, your post confirms it is Crouch looking to make that return, how different could he make it ? it has been suggested in other threads had he continued we would have entered into admin by now, how accurate is that ?

Without the money they will not have the freedom/luxury to try different ideas or styles, your post confirms it is Crouch looking to make that return, how different could he make it ? it has been suggested in other threads had he continued we would have entered into admin by now, how accurate is that ?

No not Crouch. He has supporters out there.

As for Admin, Crouch was aware of our position and the need to cut back. From what I am told he firmly believes he would have kept us out of Admin with a Manager who was making a difference. That opportunity has gone now. He firmly feels the way Lowe is running things is adding to the Admin risk. A manager without the right experience of CCC football, interference from Lowe in team selection and paying supporters who are turning their back on the club.

Lowe considers that Crouch would have put us in Admin by now or soon and that he was the best option to sort it out. Lowe will only step down if someone comes in with enough money and a three year plan. Without it is just a shuffle of the pack.

The two sides are in conflict.

Shuffling the deckchairs once more it seems,we just go round in circles,Lowe,Wilde ,Crouch,Wilde,Crouch,Lowe.

FFS this bunch appear determined to kill off anything that is SFC.

IT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A BUNCH OF TINPOT WANNABES WITH NO THOUGHTS OR GOOD INTENTIONS FOR THE CLUB.

Massaging egos along the way and playing games of one up manship over each other.

Sfc is just a plaything it seems,something to give each other some kudos in the presence of their peers.

**** off the lot of you.

I apologies for the lack of well thought out and considered response.

I'm just at my wits end with it all.

Never in my 35 years of watching and supporting the club have i ever felt so sodding low.