Sought After young manager

thegaffer

What is the point of this thread. We all know we are broke. Jan would have to be paid of cheap as he is and no aspiring young manager would be that cheap. Unless it is one of Rupert's sons or family members. At this moment in time it is not a new manager we need but reinforcements for the team.

Gus Poyet?

Well,lets look at the options on Rupert's checklist shall we .

We've now tried the continental coach,Rupert should know that promotions from within are so out of fashion,and there is unlikely to be a ginger haired fiery Scotsman around when you need one.Leaving aside the rehabilitation of any former international managers ( of whatever sport,not limited to football of course ) there are not many new daring revolutionary facesaving routes Rupert can take.

So on balance bringing in a South American to revolutionise the coaching revolution could indeed be within Rupert's way of thinking.

We should have never let him leave..and he probally would not come back...but a good choice still.

"WE" never let him leave ..... LOWE got rid of him .........

Pearson will NEVER come back whilst Lowe is still at SFC ...... plus of course, Leicester are more than likely to be Promoted, whilst we have a good chance of being Relegated ......

I don't know what others think, but despite the recent results, i get the impression that Jan is developing and learning the English game at a pace now. The second half yesterday was very much in the old 'hell for leather' style that wins games in this league, I think the players took the initiative. Just imagine what the score could have been playing that way with 11 players! Even the inept refereeing would not have stopped us mauling them. Top of the league? They are most definitely having a laugh.

I for one let my head drop after their second goal, but the players did not. And once again The Northam, The Itchen, The Chapel and Kingsland dug in and 'we became that 11th man, we gave them a bloody good game of football.

More blood and guts football I say, and for the time being, under Jan Portvliet.

COYFR's

I don't know what others think, but despite the recent results, i get the impression that Jan is developing and learning the English game at a pace now. The second half yesterday was very much in the old 'hell for leather' style that wins games in this league, I think the players took the initiative. Just imagine what the score could have been playing that way with 11 players! Even the inept refereeing would not have stopped us mauling them. Top of the league? They are most definitely having a laugh.

I for one let my head drop after their second goal, but the players did not. And once again The Northam, The Itchen, The Chapel and Kingsland dug in and 'we became that 11th man, we gave them a bloody good game of football.

More blood and guts football I say, and for the time being, under Jan Portvliet.

COYFR's

But why do we always have to concede the first half because of his stupid team selections again.

Oscar is a very talented youngster who they are destroying he is not ready in a side already obver loaded with kids by throwing him in again this week. He had a good 20 min spell at Preston where he had no pressure or time to get nervous and played well. Last week he was abysmal...so why start him at home in front of an already angry crowd against the top of the league team?

Lancashire is not up to playing this league against brusing forwards and is too lightweight. He spent most of the first half with his arm in the air and not challenging.

The argument about no money does not hold if you have the wrong man in charge who cannot get it right. Every week you see us start at home 4-5-1 with the supposed wide men getting forward to make it 4-3-3 but how often do you see them in the box...never.

I would bet that unless it was a corner no-one apart from Lallana or Euell get in there - Surman hovers outside.

We then go mad for the last 20 minutes and push sides back with 2 up and then next week revert back to the same old formation that is not working.

The ref took away what was actually wrong yesterday and I am convinced if we had started BWP with his pace out wide it would of pushed Kightley etc back - with Gobern on it allowed them to have the extra foward to command the game.