Negative people are killing this club

The Red Bag

Scanning this forum I am shocked by the amount of negativity displayed by people who call themselves supporters of Southampton Football Club.

Granted, we are struggling to keep our heads above the water in the Championship. One league below where most Saints fans believe we belong.

However, its time those fans wake up and smell the coffee.

Its over 3 years since we were relegated. The parachute payments dried up long ago leaving us with major financial constraints.

I was as much against Lowe and wanted him out of our club along everyone. Like the majority I thought the Wilde bunch would save us. Spend the money, back the manager, "give us our club back" and take us back to the promised land of the Premiership.

We were wrong. Michael Wilde made promises and couldn't keep them. Leon Crouch's reign was similarly unsuccessful and we're led to believe that had it continued for much longer we'd probably be in administration by now.

We'd all like a multi-millionaire/billionaire to buy the club and splash the cash but we have to realise that's not going to happen. Love him or hate him, Rupert is the only man who had the balls to get involved again (yes, I know he still had his shares etc) and you have to say they're bloody big balls to come back after being almost literally hounded out of the club!

Nigel Pearson did a good job to keep us up last year but would he have been happy to sit back and watch quality players leave with no transfer funds to spend? Almost certainly NO.

Jan Poortvliet deserves a chance......17 games is not enough. He needs at the very, very least 1 full season. In my opinion he should be given at least 2.

He's had his hands tied behind his back from the day he arrived and to get a bunch of kids playing to the level I saw today with more desire and passion than Burley ever achieved he should be given the full backing of the supporters. After all, that's what we're supposed to be isn't it? Supporters.

Leon Crouch's reign was similarly unsuccessful and we're led to believe that had it continued for much longer we'd probably be in administration by now.

Jan Poortvliet deserves a chance......17 games is not enough. He needs at the very, very least 1 full season. In my opinion he should be given at least 2.

He's had his hands tied behind his back from the day he arrived and to get a bunch of kids playing to the level I saw today with more desire and passion than Burley ever achieved he should be given the full backing of the supporters. After all, that's what we're supposed to be isn't it? Supporters.

"Led to believe". By who, Lowe and his dwindling band of supporters?

If JP is given 2 years, we'll be near the bottom of League 1 by then. He's out of his depth.

The support of the team has been fantastic this season. Most other Clubs supporters would have turned on the team by now.........

Scanning this forum I am shocked by the amount of negativity displayed by people who call themselves supporters of Southampton Football Club.

Granted, we are struggling to keep our heads above the water in the Championship. One league below where most Saints fans believe we belong.

Its over 3 years since we were relegated. The parachute payments dried up long ago leaving us with major financial constraints.

I was as much against Lowe and wanted him out of our club along everyone. Like the majority I thought the Wilde bunch would save us. Spend the money, back the manager, "give us our club back" and take us back to the promised land of the Premiership.

We were wrong. Michael Wilde made promises and couldn't keep them. Leon Crouch's reign was similarly unsuccessful and we're led to believe that had it continued for much longer we'd probably be in administration by now.

We'd all like a multi-millionaire/billionaire to buy the club and splash the cash but we have to realise that's not going to happen. Love him or hate him, Rupert is the only man who had the balls to get involved again (yes, I know he still had his shares etc) and you have to say they're bloody big balls to come back after being almost literally hounded out of the club!

Nigel Pearson did a good job to keep us up last year but would he have been happy to sit back and watch quality players leave with no transfer funds to spend? Almost certainly NO.

Go away Rupert

I am sure that you must be asleep...because you are dreaming.

Sod off and take Lowe with you

Negative people didn't get us relegated from the Premiership.

Negative people didn't splurge £7m on players in a gamble which didn't work.

Negative people didn't give Nigel Pearson the boot.

Negative people didn't ask Rupert Lowe to come back.

Negative people didn't employ a fourth-rate 'coach' with no CCC experience.

Negative people didn't get rid of any decent players we had and use teenagers.

So no, negative people are not killing the club; those responsible for the above, are.

Well, thank you for that. That`s me, a supporter for over 50 years put in my place.

Guest Hacienda

Thanks for that Rupert.

Get over yourself mate, this is an internet message board with a handful of regular contributors, hardly enough to bring down a football club.

The people who are killing the club are those who's mismanagement is driving away lifelong supporters in their droves. Step forward Lowe and Wilde.

"Led to believe". By who, Lowe and his dwindling band of supporters?

If JP is given 2 years, we'll be near the bottom of League 1 by then. He's out of his depth.

The support of the team has been fantastic this season. Most other Clubs supporters would have turned on the team by now.........

st paul really do think you have a valid point here I think at most other clubs the fans would not be putting up with Wilde and Lowe two failed chairman and the mess on the pitch !!

I think the referee today saved them from what is sure to come from the fans very soon !!

Spot on

I do agree with some points but this is a very contrived thread imo.

the bit highlighted is exactly the reason nigel is not here because he would not have been happy to be lowes yes man, you are right

hehehehe. A Skate on a wind-up.

It must be, considering what complete inflamatory drivel you have written.

The Red Bag 81 posts

Monkadill 82 posts.............no coincidence there then ?

Is that you Shimon?

It's very difficult to be positive at the moment. I still felt negative after the Preston result. It was a freak result and it has been in vain due to some bad displays/results. I'm talking about 1 home win out of 9 and being thumped by Coventry, QPR and Swansea. Home losses against Bristol City and Blackpool. Those results against these 5 teams would have been shocks a couple of years ago but now we accept they will beat us.

We sell our best players Crouch, Beattie, Niemi, Baird, Jones to name but a few - where has that cash gone?

We have low attendances and WILL be involved in another relegation battle, lead by a manager who is OUT OF HIS DEPTH.

Yes it's good to see youngsters have a go and I'm encouraged by their battling displays, but I do fear for our season. If Watford and Charlton had held their leads to day then 3 out of the 4 around us would have won.

I cannot see where OUR next win is coming from.

I was at the game today. The support for the team, especially from the Northam end, was unstinting and superb. Wolves brought 3000 along but they scarcely raised a whisper. Bear in mind that this was in the face of Saints going 2-0 down within 20 minutes, and having a player sent off shortly before half-time. That's what the support is like at St Mary's.

Do you really think that a few people posting on an internet forum have such a huge and detrimental effect on the team? If this forum had been a hotbed of positive thought and comment for the past few weeks, do you think that we would have won today? Really?

I'm sick to death of tw*ts blaming the fans for the state of our club :mad: - For your information a big chunk of my very limited disposable income is spent supporting SFC not to mention my time or the sore throat I got today shouting at the ref and trying to cheer the team on (yes even the Chapel gets noisy at times) . If I want to be 'negative' or as I see it 'realistic' I will continue to be so .

We fans are just the 'poor bloody infantry' in this war and if you must play the blame game why not target the likes of Rupert Lowe and Mike Wilde for criticism , after all with power comes responsibility .

While we're on the subject If you really think an outbreak of happy clappy applause on here is going to make the slightest difference to team performance you really , really need to have a word with yourself .

Don't normally post, but feel compelled to say something on the this assessment. Finally, someone has given a rational account of how things stand. If people were to accept this diagnosis they'd find it a lot easier to get behind the team!!!

Were you at today's game? If you were, do you reckon the crowd wasn't behind the team? Considering our position in the table, and the fact that we've won once at home in the league this season, I think it's astonishing that the support is so good.

Only 100 regular posters on this forum, and taking into consideration what type of people post regularly on forums, then I wouldn’t take there views as an overview of what the other 30 thousand plus supporters think..

[The figure ‘100’ isn’t the exact number, and shouldn’t be taken as a fact, this post also wasn’t influents by any alcoholic comforts’]

No offence intended but i think you are the one that needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Please don't pontificate to me,i support the club to the best of my abilities,i am not resonsible for some of the infighting,ludicrous decision making.

Look towards the bigger picture and the persons who have sat in positions of authority,then you may see where the problems have stemmed from,and will remain until they are removed.

Only 100 regular posters on this forum, and taking into consideration what type of people post regularly on forums, then I wouldn’t take there views as an overview of what the other 30 thousand plus supporters think..

[The figure ‘100’ isn’t the exact number, and shouldn’t be taken as a fact, this post also wasn’t influents by any alcoholic comforts’]

*hic*

The blame game:rolleyes:

The Red Bag; Nigel Pearson did a good job to keep us up last year but would he have been happy to sit back and watch quality players leave with no transfer funds to spend? Almost certainly NO.

Jan Poortvliet deserves a chance......17 games is not enough. He needs at the very, very least 1 full season. In my opinion he should be given at least 2

Right here is precisely where the wheels fall off your argument. First the conjecture about what Pearson might or might not be prepared to put up with and then the hypocrisy of stating that JP should be given 2 seasons whilst Pearson got less games than JP has already had whilst not matching Pearson's record.

Whilst you're into conjecture, I might as well chip in. Would we be higher up the table with Crouch as Chairman having made the same economies that Lowe has made, but with Pearson in charge of the team? Almost certainly YES. See what I did there?

Lowe took us down the first time and he and Poortvliet are going to take us down again. If you can't see that and wish to place the blame on the fans, then it is the equivalent of the Captain of the Titanic blaming the iceberg.

everyone seems to be very anti lowe, and don't really think the anti lowe chants during the first half today were really warrented, specially when we were just starting to play well.

surely if lowe leaves he'll need to be replaced?

got rid of him once already (which i was pleased about), but the club only continued to get worse, and numerous takeover bids failed. i'm not a fan of lowe but he does have experience, and we have had relitive success under him before (Hoddle/Stacken era), maybe he'll learn from his mistakes.

just don't really think negitivty like this will make players want to stay here or what few fans that are still attending to continue to want to go. if a better chairman comes along then by all means i'd gladly welcome him, until then i'm in no hurry to look for a scapegoat (although today it was the ref).

You can tell when the pro Lowes are getting desperate when they start blaming the fans.

My god if theres one positive to come from this season,its the fans.

We have had to put up with relegation,having the better players sold or loaned out and on top of it all,we have had the merry go round in the boardroom.

Different managers,poor performances,rugby coaches,Simon Clifford and Rupert Lowe.

Yet despite all of that the originator of this thread thinks we are a tad negative.

Priceless.

You couldnt make it up.

You can tell when the pro Lowes are getting desperate when they start blaming the fans.

My god if theres one positive to come from this season,its the fans.

We have had to put up with relegation,having the better players sold or loaned out and on top of it all,we have had the merry go round in the boardroom.

Different managers,poor performances,rugby coaches,Simon Clifford and Rupert Lowe.

Yet despite all of that the originator of this thread thinks we are a tad negative.

Priceless.

You couldnt make it up.

Spot on.

So the answer is just turn up every week and say "We're gonna win this game easy and we're gonna walk this league", no matter what happens on the pitch every game and every thing will be all right.

When we get relegated to League One (Division Three for a reality check, just one division away from Salisbury City) this will be the mantra that Lowe and his cronies will trot out.

Whatever happens it will NOT BE THEIR FAULT.

Then the alarm went off....

Hi Scooby.

Is this your new 'project'?