Negative people are killing this club

The Red Bag

Negative fans aren't killing the club, but they are strangling this board.

Agreed - however valid their viewpoint. It's become impossible to post on any topic without it being hijacked. This board has become the almost perefect definition of interrnet mob rule. Unless your 100% for Lowe out, there's little point in posting. I take my hat off to the few that do.

Agreed - however valid their viewpoint. It's become impossible to post on any topic without it being hijacked. This board has become the almost perefect definition of interrnet mob rule. Unless your 100% for Lowe out, there's little point in posting. I take my hat off to the few that do.
To be fair I think this is relevant to both Lowe in/out factions.

What a pile of guano.

Is there anything positive to discuss regarding Saints atm!

Scanning this forum I am shocked by the amount of negativity displayed by people who call themselves supporters of Southampton Football Club.

Granted, we are struggling to keep our heads above the water in the Championship. One league below where most Saints fans believe we belong.

However, its time those fans wake up and smell the coffee.

Its over 3 years since we were relegated. The parachute payments dried up long ago leaving us with major financial constraints.

I was as much against Lowe and wanted him out of our club along everyone. Like the majority I thought the Wilde bunch would save us. Spend the money, back the manager, "give us our club back" and take us back to the promised land of the Premiership.

We were wrong. Michael Wilde made promises and couldn't keep them. Leon Crouch's reign was similarly unsuccessful and we're led to believe that had it continued for much longer we'd probably be in administration by now.

We'd all like a multi-millionaire/billionaire to buy the club and splash the cash but we have to realise that's not going to happen. Love him or hate him, Rupert is the only man who had the balls to get involved again (yes, I know he still had his shares etc) and you have to say they're bloody big balls to come back after being almost literally hounded out of the club!

Nigel Pearson did a good job to keep us up last year but would he have been happy to sit back and watch quality players leave with no transfer funds to spend? Almost certainly NO.

Jan Poortvliet deserves a chance......17 games is not enough. He needs at the very, very least 1 full season. In my opinion he should be given at least 2.

He's had his hands tied behind his back from the day he arrived and to get a bunch of kids playing to the level I saw today with more desire and passion than Burley ever achieved he should be given the full backing of the supporters. After all, that's what we're supposed to be isn't it? Supporters.

A Great read on a Sunday morning ..... The Gospel According to Rev Lowe ...

The TWO people that ARE Killing our Club are Reverend Lowe and Judas Wilde

Rupert has Big Balls has he ??? .... Krap..... He did not come back for SAINTS, he came back for LOWE, and his own Business Interests

However, I agree with you about Poortvliet, he did have his hands tied behind his back from day one ........ because LOWE Sold off EXPERIENCED Pros that should have been Blendeduin with the emerging Youth.

I also agree that the Youth that Poortvliet is nurturing, ARE playing good Football, and will, in time, come good.

The major question is, of course, will they come good in time to save our CCC status

Based on the performance v Wolves, I think they will come good, but only as long as Lowe does not INTERFERE ... the LAST thing we need, one third through the season, is ANOTHER change of Manager

KEEP the Manager ............ GET RID OF LOWELIFE AND JUDAS WILDE

I can then resume normal Sunday prayers

I agree with that, Most are able to have different views without falling out but there are a few from both sides that draw lots more into heated debates.

We could all do with calming down 1nce in a while.

Quite right. At the end of the day we're all Saints fans and care deeply about our club. Edited by Delmary
typo

Wish I could say the same about your post...

So after years of mismanagement it's the fans fault we're in the ****?

What a totally ridiculous thread...

I wouldnt say its the fans fault we are in the pooh but there are many fans that wont accept the situation for what it is and that can produce allot of negativity that we could do without sometimes.

This board seems suprisingly upbeat considering we lost yesterday.

Scanning this forum I am shocked by the amount of negativity displayed by people who call themselves supporters of Southampton Football Club.

The negative people who are killing this Club are Wilde, Lowe and Poortvliet, in that order. Those who cannot see that JP is so far out of his depth as to be laughable are the negatives who cannot see that there is a better way, whether or nor we have money. Half decent British manager who is not a yes-man, with the same funds would have us mid-table.

The negative people who are killing this Club are Wilde, Lowe and Poortvliet, in that order. Those who cannot see that JP is so far out of his depth as to be laughable are the negatives who cannot see that there is a better way, whether or nor we have money. Half decent British manager who is not a yes-man, with the same funds would have us mid-table.

Define mid-table

But no decent manager will work under Lowe now that we are out of the Premiership. Lowe is a pariah as far decent managers are concerned.

Spot on.

When are people going to realise that we didn't have a choice this summer. There are no money left. we had to get rid of all the high earners and with our current crop of players it was always going to be a survival fight. I really, really doubt that Pearson would have been better of with our current team. If we survive this year I do think we will be in an excellent position next year going forward as we will have a full team of young players with CCC experience.

Spot on.

When are people going to realise that we didn't have a choice this summer. There are no money left. we had to get rid of all the high earners and with our current crop of players it was always going to be a survival fight. I really, really doubt that Pearson would have been better of with our current team. If we survive this year I do think we will be in an excellent position next year going forward as we will have a full team of young players with CCC experience.

If we are so skint how come we have recruited players(11 I believe) many that cant get near the first team ahead of untried 17 year olds?

Edited by Give it to Ron

Is there anyone out there who does not accept we had to cut costs ? No I thought not . But only a fool would think that meant we had to appoint Jan "Pinochio" Portelet as our "puppet" manager and insist on playing so many kids when good experienced pros are always available in the lower leagues on relatively low wages. Any kids who do well this year will not be playing next year with Lowe at the helm - end of.

I wouldnt say its the fans fault we are in the pooh but there are many fans that wont accept the situation for what it is and that can produce allot of negativity that we could do without sometimes.

This board seems suprisingly upbeat considering we lost yesterday.

Sorry disagree anyone who was at the game knows that the fans gave everything in support of the players, the negativity is being generated by the home results , as it would at any club who had a home record like ours.

The negative brigade might not be killing the club, but they aren't helping the situation either.

By all accounts we deserved something out of yesterday's game and the crowd were supportive, but I come on here to read about that and just find the usual supsects on their usual witch hunt.

Not one of the people who join this witch club have a club how to run a football club, but they would have us belive that they know best.

I am not happy about the situation either, but I appreciate that times are hard and that we have got to battle through this.

We have some decent payers and there is no reason why we can't stay up if everyone pulls together.

Sadly many people will not be happy until the club actually falls apart (I can't believe that some postes on here actually wanted us to lose yesterday - go figure).

Most of the negative posters don't go to the games. I really dont give a flying F*ck about the opinion of non attending radio/tv knowalls.

Why, if somebody watches an entire match on Sky / Setanta, does their opinion of the performance not count ?

Maybe another thread could be started stating 'the positives are killing the club', because their blinkered persistence with 'if we carry on playing like this we will be fine' is masking the real cancer eating the heart out of SFC ?

The main contention is over the idea that we have no choice but to play "the kids". I do not believe that we are the most cash-strapped club in this league, but we are the only ones gambling so much on such an inexperienced squad, or on such a limited manager.

Why, if somebody watches an entire match on Sky / Setanta, does their opinion of the performance not count ?

Maybe another thread could be started stating 'the positives are killing the club', because their blinkered persistence with 'if we carry on playing like this we will be fine' is masking the real cancer eating the heart out of SFC ?

The main contention is over the idea that we have no choice but to play "the kids". I do not believe that we are the most cash-strapped club in this league, but we are the only ones gambling so much on such an inexperienced squad, or on such a limited manager.

your last sentence is the 64000 dollar question , are we the most cash strapped club in the CCC OR is all about one mans vision on how football should be run

Im sick and tired of idiots like this posting stuff about the fans and the way they are feeling right now. How anyone simply expects you to pay your hard earned cash, sit there and appreciate the fact we are sinking faster then the Titanic is beyond belief.

The fans give the players amazing support. Yesterday despite being outplayed and losing again at home they were given a standing ovation. The team is poor and had like 2 shots on target but everyone respected the effort shown. That is support.

The fans are angry at the way the club is run and the way it being driven into the ground. We have gone back nearly 50 years in the space of a few seasons. People care about the club and their reaction is normal. Someone who doesnt care sits there and accepts what they are given, some even accept paying for it is fair. I dont call that supporting i call that total stupidity. This is not a charity, this money does not go to the St Mary's church or any of the other worthy causes. It goes into the pockets of people who dont deserve it.

And the thing that ****es me off the most is these people dont go to the games, they dont pay the hundreds and hundreds of pounds it costs to "support" the club. Because if they did they would understand the crowds point of view and not right **** like this.

You make a great point. I've been thinking back over the last few years and some of the small teams that have stayed in this league. Stockport and Port Vale are 2 that spring to mind. I doubt if their wage bill was higher than ours and yet they stayed up for a few seasons, and used older pro's.They were Clubs a 10th the size of ours and yet they were able to play with senior pro's.

This season is Blackpool's wage bill higher than ours, because they seem to have a few older players.

Lowe seems content to turn us into another Crewe.

What's the betting if we fall into League 1, the limit of his ambition will to become a financially stable League 1 Club.

Sorry disagree anyone who was at the game knows that the fans gave everything in support of the players' date=' the negativity is being generated by the home results , as it would at any club who had a home record like ours.[/quote']

Is the support at SMS not very good due to the effort the playerrs are putting in most of the time?

After going 2 down I can understand the fans thinking bugger this and turning on the board. but the players put in some pretty decent effort and deserved the support they got.

Results and support do go hand in hand but fans like to see there team trying to work hard and make things happen.

Plenty of people have said how they came away feeling quite positive even after losing. If we play a lower team and dont put in the effort all that support will be shot to sh1t.

Plenty of people have said how they came away feeling quite positive even after losing. If we play a lower team and dont put in the effort all that support will be shot to sh1t.

If after losing at Reading we lose against Plymouth i think the fans in the stadium (under 13,000 i'd think unless Plymouth bring a few) will turn on Lowe big time.

Thanks for that!

50 years old, supported the club all my life and basically it's my fault and the fault of all the other life-long supporters who want better for their club than the position we now find ourselves in.

If only you had pointed this out weeks ago, I for one would have stopped supporting the Saints in the absolute hope that it would all turn around for the club I love.

So everyone, if you'll accept my sincere apologies for the current state SFC are in and the fact that I've forced Championship football and an ever-increasing list of false dawns and horizons upon you all, I'll immediately start looking for something tall to leap off.

P.S. If next week the manager once again states that he's really proud of his boys but that we were unlucky not to win, it won't be my fault...O.K?

Is the support at SMS not very good due to the effort the playerrs are putting in most of the time?

After going 2 down I can understand the fans thinking bugger this and turning on the board. but the players put in some pretty decent effort and deserved the support they got.

Results and support do go hand in hand but fans like to see there team trying to work hard and make things happen.

Sorry but people like to see their team WIN.

the only way is down if we keep losing at home, we have played a few cr*p sides already at home this season and lost and not put in the effort.

imo the crowd who attend SMS, not those who sit at a keyboard, are the key if we keeping losing they will either vent their anger at Lowe or even worst stop going .

the next 2 home games could well be very pivotal in determining the clubs future

Lowe has nearly killed this club.I usually go to about 15 matches a season but still haven't been and don't know if I will.Our appalling home form doesn't help to inspire me to go.I can see no hope for this club with Lowe and Wilde at the helm.Sooner or later they will get us relegated to Div 1 ,probably this season.Our fortunes will never change whilst they are still at the club.Not being nasty they do not have enough money to run a football club these days,not even a championship one!!Lowe and Wilde should accept the majority of Saints fans don't want them here and as soon as possible accept they wont get ridiculous money for their shares and sell at a reasonable price.

I realise with the credit crunch this might take longer now but there must still be buyers out there at the right price.If they really cared about Saints they should be working night and day to find a suitable buyer to save this club.But they are far too arrogant and it will only be when this club is in ruins that they might admit their experiment has failed but no doubt they will claim there was no other options and blame the fans for not backing them.

The Positive people are welcome to their own views but I can't be positive with the current state of our club.I seriously fear for the future of this club.Knowing our luck if we did go into admin what is the bet that Lowe,Wilde or Crouch buys the club for £1.We need a new start without any of them.The majority of stay away fans will not return until something different is done at the club which gives us a bit of hope.You need to go to a match at least with a bit of hope you might win!!

The negative brigade might not be killing the club, but they aren't helping the situation either.

By all accounts we deserved something out of yesterday's game and the crowd were supportive, but I come on here to read about that and just find the usual supsects on their usual witch hunt.

Not one of the people who join this witch club have a club how to run a football club, but they would have us belive that they know best.

I am not happy about the situation either, but I appreciate that times are hard and that we have got to battle through this.

We have some decent payers and there is no reason why we can't stay up if everyone pulls together.

Sadly many people will not be happy until the club actually falls apart (I can't believe that some postes on here actually wanted us to lose yesterday - go figure).

And there we have it. A man who doesn't bother going criticising those that do.... who then complain.

Edited by Long Shot
Passed out for 5 secs at SoG's hypocracy

Is being anti-Lowe being negative?

He's wasted money - but why can someone who owns 6% of the shares be in control?

If someone wants/needs to buy him out what about all these super fans who go in week in week out. What can 6% be worth? If 15,000 fans who go every week + the 1,000s of stay aways want him gone so much - lets raise the funds!

At the moment I can contribute £54 - any one else in?

It is Lowe's negativity that is killing the club. He is a loser. The supporters know that the best players are going to be sold.

If he had not disposed of Saga AND Rasiak AND John we would have been scoring more, we would be higher in the Championship and gates would be improving. We needed to keep at least one of these three. Lowe doesn't see it that way.

If Lallana and Surman go in January we will be finished.

Most of the negative posters don't go to the games. I really dont give a flying F*ck about the opinion of non attending radio/tv knowalls.

Well, on Saturday in the Itchen first half I was surrounded by negative fans. (Although we cheered up during young Saints courageous fight-back, and the talk leaving the ground was about several plus factors, despite the defeat.)

We all know what is wrong, and we are VERY frustrated.

Lowe has nearly killed this club.I usually go to about 15 matches a season but still haven't been and don't know if I will.Our appalling home form doesn't help to inspire me to go.I can see no hope for this club with Lowe and Wilde at the helm.Sooner or later they will get us relegated to Div 1 ,probably this season.Our fortunes will never change whilst they are still at the club.Not being nasty they do not have enough money to run a football club these days,not even a championship one!!Lowe and Wilde should accept the majority of Saints fans don't want them here and as soon as possible accept they wont get ridiculous money for their shares and sell at a reasonable price.

I realise with the credit crunch this might take longer now but there must still be buyers out there at the right price.If they really cared about Saints they should be working night and day to find a suitable buyer to save this club.But they are far too arrogant and it will only be when this club is in ruins that they might admit their experiment has failed but no doubt they will claim there was no other options and blame the fans for not backing them.

The Positive people are welcome to their own views but I can't be positive with the current state of our club.I seriously fear for the future of this club.Knowing our luck if we did go into admin what is the bet that Lowe,Wilde or Crouch buys the club for £1.We need a new start without any of them.The majority of stay away fans will not return until something different is done at the club which gives us a bit of hope.You need to go to a match at least with a bit of hope you might win!!

I know how you feel, but I de recommend that you come to matches again. Because, despite the frustrating results, I have seen better and more entertaining football at St Mary's recently than I did last season, the end of season match excepted. It is so annoying that we no longer have the firepower up front because Lowe sent our best strikers away - which is the crucial difference - but the Wolves game was an exciting nail-biter, even so.

Well, thank you for that. That`s me, a supporter for over 50 years put in my place.

As another supporter for over 50 years, I can tell you that the negativity is one of the reasons I'm attending fewer games. In half a century I've put a lot of money into the club for my attendance year after year and even more when I used to bring my sons with me. Maybe it was always like this and its only the web that has allowed us to know the attitude of people we would never normally talk to, but the fact is my opinion of Saints fans is coloured by the viciousness, and the vacousness, of some of the comments I read on here. Negativity makes me less comfortable being in the SMS with so many people who's views I simply cannot condone. So to the extent that there may be others like me, who would not want to find myself sitting next to some of the people who post on here, the negativity is costing the club money.

At the root of all this Lowe hate, is still the ridiculously simplistic attitude that if only there were a different chairman the club's managers would manage better, transfers in would be more successful, and the team would play better. None of that is true because football is far more complicated and because luck plays such a major part, but this club seems to attract more negatively minded, so-called fans, than most. In fact, negative is not even a strong enough word for some of them, and some of you reading this are amongst them. I have no hope that attitudes will change. Its just very sad.

I see the originator of the thread hasn't hung around to defend this bullocks, says a lot.

The main point that I was trying to make in starting this thread was that we're all supposed to be Saints fans and to see threads such as "why I want us to lose tomorrow", "why the players are better off ignoring JP", "F**k the lot of them" etc, etc makes me wonder just how many are true SUPPORTERS and how it really helps the team.

I've been a Saints fan all my life and have been fortunate enough to have been a season ticket holder for 21 years.

As stated in my opening message I am NOT a Lowe fan. I was there outside St Marys with many, many others a few years ago trying to get him to resign. However, we were let down by Wilde and I feel that Lowe is possibly our best/only option at the moment.

He has a vision, a plan for the future and I believe that it deserves a chance.

In my opinion, Poortvliet is not out of his depth. I actually think he's doing a good job (I am allowed an opinion aren't I?).

Constant change (more often than not caused by Rupert Lowe) has been the downfall of this club, I think we'd all be ale to agree to that.

Give Jan a chance, 17 games just isn't enough.

As another supporter for over 50 years, I can tell you that the negativity is one of the reasons I'm attending fewer games.

How can you comment on the negativity at the games if you haven't been going to the games????? That's as bad as Sad Old Git complaining about fans staying away when he's posting at 3:05pm every Saturday.

FYI, I think you'll find the atmosphere and support has been really good this season from those who have attended the matches and despite only one win, I can't remember too much negativity.

I'm sure many are unsure/wary/ or against the current experiment, but that hasn't transformed itself into negativity at the matches, which is a tribute to those who are still going.

(LMFAO at the thought that we're more negative than oter sets of fans!!! There's nothing between us all, football fans are the same up and down the country:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:).

The main point that I was trying to make in starting this thread was that we're all supposed to be Saints fans and to see threads such as "why I want us to lose tomorrow", "why the players are better off ignoring JP", "F**k the lot of them" etc, etc makes me wonder just how many are true SUPPORTERS and how it really helps the team.

I've been a Saints fan all my life and have been fortunate enough to have been a season ticket holder for 21 years.

As stated in my opening message I am NOT a Lowe fan. I was there outside St Marys with many, many others a few years ago trying to get him to resign. However, we were let down by Wilde and I feel that Lowe is possibly our best/only option at the moment.

He has a vision, a plan for the future and I believe that it deserves a chance.

In my opinion, Poortvliet is not out of his depth. I actually think he's doing a good job (I am allowed an opinion aren't I?).

Constant change (more often than not caused by Rupert Lowe) has been the downfall of this club, I think we'd all be ale to agree to that.

Give Jan a chance, 17 games just isn't enough.

Your post is riddled with contradictions.

You were against Lowe before, state that we were let down by Wilde and yet somehow the combination of the two of them is somehow acceptable. You might think that Lowe is our best option at the moment and yes you are entitled to your opinion, but he is plainly not the only option; that is a ridiculous thing to say.

As I've already said elsewhere, you believe that Poortvliet is doing a good job but 17 games is not enough, whereas of course Pearson had a much better record than Jan, but the guy who you protested against before and who came back to ally himself with the other guy who let us down, had a vision that Jan would be better than Pearson and therefore wouldn't give him the same chance. But it hasn't turned out that way, has it? Already Poortvliet has had more time than those other managers that Lowe sacked if I'm correct, but Lowe's ego won't allow him to give Jan the elbow because that would mean admitting that he was wrong, which cannot be in Lowe's opinion of himself.

How many games does Jan's team have to lose, especially at home, where we have the worst record in the division, before you will admit that Jan is totally out of his depth? Come on, put a number against it.

You are just a boy....me 70 years of age and god knows how many years supporting Saints...its so long I even remember Ian Black in goal

Thats called senility, when you can remember Ian Black in goal but can't recall who has been our second man up front this season.

Eh?

What?

We haven't even tried a second man up front this season? Oh.