SAINTS vs MAN UTD - Match Thread

Bearsy

Saint Scott asked me to post this cos he'd done it all pretty again but is too busy and important to stick it up himself - I'm like his secretary! I'm even wearing short skirt for this!

5cxapw.png

zu5ljo.jpg

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Saint Marys Stadium Date: Sunday, 2 September KO: 16:00

TEAM NEWS

Southampton

Southampton could give a debut to Zambia forward Emmanuel Mayuka, who has already been granted a work permit.

Japan defender Maya Yoshida will not figure after only joining the club on Friday.

Guly may not start unless someone can give him a lift to SMS

Manchester United

Jonny Evans returns from an ankle injury for Manchester United and will partner Nemanja Vidic in central defence.

Phil Jones (back) and Rio Ferdinand (groin) are back in training but unlikely to be involved.

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has big red nose and when he leans back complacently in interviews and puts his hands behind his head I want to give his chair a big shove

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Southampton are the greatest team the world has ever seen and often humiliate Manchester United, especially in home games

Manchester United have won on three of their four trips to St Mary's, including a 2-1 win in May 2005 that ultimately relegated Southampton after a 27-year stay in the top flight.

There have been 92 goals scored in their 26 Premier League contests - an average of 3.5 goals per game.

The current Southampton squad has made a combined 233 Premier League appearances. Manchester United's quintet of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick and Rio Ferdinand have reached that figure individually.

Southampton

Saints are in danger of losing their opening three matches of a season for the first time in 11 years.

They have won only three of their 41 Premier League matches played in the opening three fixtures.

If selected, Dan Fox will be playing in his 250th match in English football and Adam Lallana the 200th of his club career.

If selected for his third League start of the season, Guly will be sh!t

Manchester United

This fixture is Sir Alex Ferguson's 1,000th league match as Manchester United manager. He has won 598, drawn 233 and lost 168 of the previous 999. His team have scored 1,863 goals and conceded 890 during his reign.

United are unbeaten in their last 16 Premier League matches against newly-promoted clubs (13 wins) since a 1-0 defeat at Burnley in August 2009.

They have lost three of their last four away league matches by 1-0.

If selected, Ryan Giggs will be making his 600th Premier League appearance - the first player to reach this milestone, while Robin Van Persie is a hat-trick shy of 100 Premier League goals.

Alex Ferguson is totally bricking it that his team of ageing has beens get murdered by Nigel Adkins new styled "Red Arrows"

TEAM LINE-UPS

Southampton

Davis

Clyne Fonte Hooiveld Fox

JWP Schniederlin Davis

Puncheon Lambert Lallana

01 K Davis - hooray

02 Clyne - HOORAY!

05 Hooiveld - HOOray

06 Fonte - hooray

13 Fox - hooray

04 Schneiderlin - Hooray

08 S Davis - Hooray

16 Ward-Prowse - Hooray!

20 Lallana - HOOOOORRRAAAYY!

42 Puncheon - hooray

07 Lambert - HOOOOORRRAAAYY!

Subs

Gazzaniga (GK), Rodriguez, Lee, Guly, Richardson, Mayuka, Seaborne

Manchester United

13 Loldegaard

02 Rafaelol

03 Evra

05 Ferdinand

15 Vidic

07 Valencia

16 Carrick

23 Cleverley

26 Kagawa

19 Welbeck

20 Van Persie

Subs

01 De Gea

06 Evans

11 Giggs

17 Nani

22 Scholes

14 Hernandez

25 Powell

Edited by Bearsy

Download SopCast http://www.sopcast.com/download/win.html

Then go to http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=168543&part=sports and click on the Bloodzeed stream, His are superb - HD.

Every time I try watching anything on sopcast the picture quality is always fantastic, but the sound and video always play in sloooow motion. so a game would take me about 4/5 hours to watch through. any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I can watch good quality streams so I don't think it's my internet connection (which, admittedly, isn't the best)