Morgan Schneiderlin

Saint_Randell

Still let Scholes have the run of the park though.

Think that was more of a reflection of how knackered they were by the time Scholes came and started cutting us open. Had Scholes started i dont think he would have had as much impact on the game - JWP, SD and Morgan were superb for 75 mins and probably would have dominated most Prem midfields playing like that.

So here's to you Morgan Schneiderlin, we all love you more than you will know, oh oh oh...

(Poor effort, but the only song I could think of where his name fits)

So here's to you Morgan Schneiderlin, we all love you more than you will know, oh oh oh,

We'll fight for you Morgan Schneiderlin, Southampton boys are with you when you play, hey hey hey,

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA, OOOOOOH!

Edited by Griffo

Was one of the players we signed that was always expected to do better in the premiership ( Or Higher leagues ) than in the football league.

I was never a big believer in that 'thought' - football being football... But can only hope we get more peformances like that in the future.

More of the same Mr S.....

Don't think Scholes was his job though, Kagawa was, who barely touched the ball.

Yep and subsequently Nani encountered exactly the same problem of what to do against Schneiderlin.

One of his best games so far and great for him to get a goal!

To the Spiderman tune

Schneiderlin, Schneiderlin, We've got Morgan Schneiderlin

Schneiderlin, Schneiderlin, We've got Morgan Schneiderlin

Look out! Here comes the Schneiderlin!

Nice and simple but still kinda funny and original.

This I like!

Was one of the players we signed that was always expected to do better in the premiership ( Or Higher leagues ) than in the football league.

I was never a big believer in that 'thought' - football being football... But can only hope we get more peformances like that in the future.

More of the same Mr S.....

it's true to say that someplayers do play better at a higher level....Schneiderlin is one such, as is Lallana.

Don't know if Ricky's whirlwind start is just a drop in th ocean, or if he's in for a GREAT season ?

So here's to you Morgan Schneiderlin, we all love you more than you will know, oh oh oh,

We'll fight for you Morgan Schneiderlin, Southampton boys are with you when you play, hey hey hey,

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA, OOOOOOH!

I like this one and would sing this

it's true to say that someplayers do play better at a higher level....Schneiderlin is one such, as is Lallana.

Don't know if Ricky's whirlwind start is just a drop in th ocean, or if he's in for a GREAT season ?

I've never understood that belief to be honest.... I get told you get much more time on the ball in the premiership - from what I've seen you get less.... Perhaps the pressure is what makes players perform better in the higher leagues.

Regardless - Hope that Morgan... and players like Punch show that they can cut it and indeed play to a higher calibre in the higher leagues

Also.... C'mon RLGM - Lets all back the Great season !!! :D

Just to clarify guys it is SchneiderLAN rather than -LIN.

I mean its hardly a terrible sin to get a foreign name slightly wrong but when it comes to getting a song for a player we do need to kinda make a collective decision on it whether its -lan or -lin. (I mean...it IS -lan but I wouldn't care too much if I were him...but meh...mays well get it right.)

Not really a case of playing better though is it? They were class last season and look like they will be again for this one.

I've never understood that belief to be honest.... I get told you get much more time on the ball in the premiership - from what I've seen you get less.... Perhaps the pressure is what makes players perform better in the higher leagues.

Regardless - Hope that Morgan... and players like Punch show that they can cut it and indeed play to a higher calibre in the higher leagues

Also.... C'mon RLGM - Lets all back the Great season !!! :D

The difference is that you don't get a bunch of cloggers in the PL, the standard of play is better, better timed tackles means players can work with the ball instead of being scared of getting broken legs. That said there are still some awful tackles. Compliment to MS yesterday was that he was targeted by Manure for some special treatment, with some serious, professional tackles to try to slow him down, they were very clear who was bossing MF yesterday, and as usual the awful ref missed some if not all.

Until Scholes came on Morgan was the best player on the park IMO.

As soon as Scholes got the ball, utd started making darting runs forward while Scholes held back and picked out passes. Of our 3 midfielders, Morgan will never be the furthest forward of our 3 in midfield, that I imagine should strategically have been the job of one of the others, once Scholes came on.

We must learn to press players and not give them free reign to a) put in crosses, or b) the luxury of time to pick out passes.

As a 3 man midfield unit, Morgan will sit in front of the defence, he didn't stop being excellent when Scholes came on.

Sod it, bring in Del Piero and let him have 20 mins a game to do the 'Scholesey' to teams for us!

Edited by Avenue Saint

You know he would like it, love how rickie every time turns and claps to us when we sing his song before the game, MS i knew would adapt to the prem just think hes been with us 4 seasons and is only 22 quality player, personally i think him and cork will become a top 8 partnership.

Been debating him or lambo to have on my shirt.

He's French, so what can possibly be better than Singing his name to the tune of La Maseillaise (the French National Anthem / the Oo Ahh Cantona song)? His name fits perfectly and it can be sung loudly without being sped up to 1000mph and having the backboards bashed by the Northam idiots.

Mor-gaaan

Mor-gaaan,

Mor-gan Schnei-der-lin

Mor-gaaaaaan Schneider-liiiin