Reading V Saints Pre match

Bailey

Tomorrow, as we all know, Saints go to Reading facing a massive task to come away with a point, yet alone 3. There is a very real possibility that we could end up losing by 3, 4 or maybe even 5 goals, but can we make sure of one thing . . .

If that is the case, then can we not have a load of negative, anti-Lowe threads on here? Reading are on fine form and their home record is phenomenal. Can we just make sure there are no over-the-top reactions to the game tomorrow? Similarly, in the unlikely event that we do come away with something, can we not over-react by saying, 'this is the turning point' etc.

With just under 4,000 fans going, it promises to be a superb away day, but lets just concentrate on enjoying the day, getting behind the lads and showing them that we will continue to support them. My god they're going to need our support tomorrow!

Team for tomorrow is looking really dodgy.

No Lancashire, no Pearce, no thomson, still no thomas or holmes. Svensson might be ill too. Who for centre back? Cork? Would mean James at right back. Wotton and Perry? Very slow. Maybe the experience is what's needed though. I'd play like this.

Davis

Cork Wotton Perry Mills

Surman James Schniederlin Skacel

Lallana

McGoldrick

Just out of options up front. I'd love to play 2, but were barely have 1. Right wing is very poor too. Surman did do very well there in the playoff season though. We played some of our best football with him cutting in from the right and Skacel offering an outlet on the left wing. They can also protect the young full backs better than other options. James and Schneiderlin is a fairly solid central 2. James is a far better midfielder and won't let anyone down there. He'll allow Schneiderlin to get on the ball more too.

I wouldn't have James anywhere near the first team after watching him play both right back and in midfield this season.

Davis

Cork, Perry, Wotton(no one else available) Skacel

Lallana, Schneiderlin, Gillett, Surman

McGoldrick, BWP

Team for tomorrow is looking really dodgy.

No Lancashire, no Pearce, no thomson, still no thomas or holmes. Svensson might be ill too. Who for centre back? Cork? Would mean James at right back. Wotton and Perry? Very slow. Maybe the experience is what's needed though. I'd play like this.

Davis

Cork Wotton Perry Mills

Surman James Schniederlin Skacel

Lallana

McGoldrick

Just out of options up front. I'd love to play 2, but were barely have 1. Right wing is very poor too. Surman did do very well there in the playoff season though. We played some of our best football with him cutting in from the right and Skacel offering an outlet on the left wing. They can also protect the young full backs better than other options. James and Schneiderlin is a fairly solid central 2. James is a far better midfielder and won't let anyone down there. He'll allow Schneiderlin to get on the ball more too.

I'd go with that team as well, maybe Svensson in for Wotton if fit.

Gillett is NOT a kid either. He's been around a long time. He looked improved earlier in the season and I was suprised, but since the blackpool home game when he was woeful, he's gone downhill.

This is true, I think he suffered when Schneiderlin got injured. At the start of the season when the team was settled he put in some fantastic performances, maybe now Schneiderlin is back they can get their partnership going again.

While I agree James deserves a chance in midfield I would still prefer to see Gillett, Cork or Surman alongside Schneiderlin.

He's had more chances than most. James has never had a run in his natural position of central midfield.

Gillett is NOT a kid either. He's been around a long time. He looked improved earlier in the season and I was suprised, but since the blackpool home game when he was woeful, he's gone downhill.

James played in midfield in defeat to Rotherham. He was, like the team poor.

I hope he proves me wrong but everytime i've seen him this season he's been a liability where ever he's been on the pitch.

A decent young player can adapt to different positions like Cork who has impressed in defence and as holding midfielder.

I would take a 5-0 defeat then a win at charlton.

No shame in losing at Reading, anyone moaning afterwards is a tool.

COYR.

Not as much a tool as someone who thinks winning 1 game from 9 (potentially 10 which is 5 points from the last 30) is good. Sorry but if we lose tomorrow then the people who protest are not "tools" for doing so, the people who think 5 points from 30 is good or aceptable are. But i guess you probably wont be there anyway so what does it matter?

Unfortunately we are going to need a mixture of luck and desperate defending

if we are to get anything from this fixture.

We cannot afford a heavy defeat as it will crush any confidence left

in the squad and probably the supporters too.

I am trying to remain hopeful and positive but it`s diffucult.

Dunno about affording a heavy defeat, can we afford the Diesel for the -mini-bus to get the team to the ground?

That is the main point here, if we lose by a small margin it will be assumed that we were un lucky....if we get a complete tonking and lose by 4 / 5 clear goals the reaction will be as it was at our last tonking...

Tomorrow, as we all know, Saints go to Reading facing a massive task to come away with a point, yet alone 3. There is a very real possibility that we could end up losing by 3, 4 or maybe even 5 goals, but can we make sure of one thing . . .

If that is the case, then can we not have a load of negative, anti-Lowe threads on here? Reading are on fine form and their home record is phenomenal. Can we just make sure there are no over-the-top reactions to the game tomorrow? Similarly, in the unlikely event that we do come away with something, can we not over-react by saying, 'this is the turning point' etc.

With just under 4,000 fans going, it promises to be a superb away day, but lets just concentrate on enjoying the day, getting behind the lads and showing them that we will continue to support them. My god they're going to need our support tomorrow!

Lowe is killing the club FACT, I will post as I chose.

HTH

Saints 1 - 4 Reading

I was a bit late in getting a ticket and all our allocation has gone so I bought a ticket in the home section. I will be sitting on my hands and pretending I don't even speak English. Yey, verily I say, "come on Reading, you can do it!"

"boo to Southampton"

etc.

etc.

wouldn't miss this one for the world...

I would take a 5-0 defeat then a win at charlton.

No shame in losing at Reading, anyone moaning afterwards is a tool.

COYR.

adrian

This is most unlike you..Have you become a fool or will you be moaning afterwards like a tool.

Saints to win 3-1 what a fool I am but will, no doubt, end up moaning after the game with you, like a pair of tools.

Davis, James, Perry, Cork, Skacel, Surman, Schniederlin, Lallana, Wright Phillips, Robertson, McGoldrick

Subs

Bialkowski, Gasmi, Mills, Paterson, Wotton

Probably the best we could have hoped for...assuming we score, because they certainly will.