Mike Osman (and MLT?) in Trouble

once_bitterne

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2232560/Soccer-Saturday-tour-scrapped--Charlie-Sale.html

Looks like they have been using Sky's 'Soccer Saturday' brand without permission.....

I wonder if this will affect MLT's position as a pundit with them. They can't be too happy.

It appears it's another fine mess that Osman has dragged MLT into.....

I imagine sky told them what they could or couldnt do in regards of promoting the shows and one of them crossed the line. I dont think it is to do with sky being aware of it. They hack peoples phones so pretty sure they know about it ;)

Jeff lives just down the road from me so if i see him i will ask him. But im guessing its got to do with people wanting more money somewhere...

Some of you need to be more careful. Mike Osman's brothers are regular contributors on here and Mike looks in now and again. Making the sort of comments above could, if this gets out of hand end up in court. Anonymity is I believe no longer an option and a court can order the site to give your details.

Some of you need to be more careful. Mike Osman's brothers are regular contributors on here and Mike looks in now and again. Making the sort of comments above could, if this gets out of hand end up in court. Anonymity is I believe no longer an option and a court can order the site to give your details.

Serious stuff indeed.

Sorry for saying I went to watch it.

What comments? People saying they went to see it or speculation on how much he earnt?

At this stage of proceedings:p AND so there is NO misunderstanding:rolleyes:

I would like you all to know;)

I LOVE..Mike Osman and always enjoy his company....

I was having a dig at Charlie Sale and his continued dislike of all thing Saints.:p

Although given free tickets to see his shows :) Would have paid :D

Mike Osman and Not the Charlie Sale/Rupert Lowe pantomine:D

I would also like to GRASS the nasty Baaarstewards on this forum:) If I can have some more free tickets..pleeeese:)

Edited by ottery st mary

whambulance.jpg

What comments? People saying they went to see it or speculation on how much he earnt?

I suspect the comment about the 70K appearance fee. If you remember, Mike and his brothers have been particularly *****ly with threatening legal action against people on here in the past (was one of them called the gaffer or am I imagining that?) Goes to show exactly what these type of people are though. I'm glad individuals of this kind are no longer involved with SFC.

You need to take advice. It's the opening post for starters. SG needs a look at this. I know Mike could sue if he is defamed, he is a public figure. It's your problem not mine.

You need to take advice. It's the opening post for starters. SG needs a look at this. I know Mike could sue if he is defamed, he is a public figure. It's your problem not mine.

The OP is a link to a Daily Mail article, any discussion in this thread is derived straight from that.

I admit I am not an expert in this but I don't see any danger.

If he sues for defamation because of that opening post then he is a lot worse than anyone could have imagined. I despise those who threaten to sue others and go through with frivolous lawsuits. Mike's reputation as a public figure would be harmed far more if he went through with anything like that against a member of this forum.

The OP is a link to a Daily Mail article, any discussion in this thread is derived straight from that.

Fine, in your opinion, it's not just a link, but like I said it may well be your problem. It won't affect me but it might affect you because of your supervisory responsibilities.

Not sure what you are suggesting.

I suspect the comment about the 70K appearance fee. If you remember, Mike and his brothers have been particularly *****ly with threatening legal action against people on here in the past (was one of them called the gaffer or am I imagining that?) Goes to show exactly what these type of people are though. I'm glad individuals of this kind are no longer involved with SFC.

Fine, in your opinion, it's not just a link, but like I said it may well be your problem. It won't affect me but it might affect you because of your supervisory responsibilities.

Might as well point this out from the bottom of every page on this website;

All opinions expressed on SaintsWeb are the opinions of their respective author(s), and do not necessarily represent the opinion of SaintsWeb Ltd. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information displayed on SaintsWeb, the directors and contributors accept no liability or responsibility for any repercussions resulting from the use of any information on SaintsWeb.

It does worry me about some on this forum....

Some posters appear to take delight in attacking a true Saints supporter... in Mike Osman:?

Why?

Is it jealousy?

I find it pathetic:rolleyes:

COYS

Surely...:rolleyes: I had good cause when I attacked Rupert the bear? Maybe I am a hypocrite:p OR Rupert was never a Saints supporter;)

Edited by ottery st mary

Thanks, I feel like Denzel Washington in Philadelphia right now.

Anyone got a contact number for Crouchies Lawyer?

Don't worry, derry is just being as silly as when he suggested the 5 0 5 formation.

Based on what has been written on this thread so far, there is absolutely nothing which could be taken to court.

Not sure you know what you are talking about.Who has handed out a frivolous lawsuit?

Are you Mike Osman's brother? What I'm saying is that the type of people who run around handing out frivolous lawsuits are the type of people I don't want anywhere near SFC because I know what they are like.

LMAO! So now the mods may be included in any legal action because they failed to delete the 'defamation.' Gold thread.

Not sure you know what you are talking about.Who has handed out a frivolous lawsuit?

No one. Yet. Derry is suggesting that the opening post may cause problems because Mike or his brothers (one of which is probably you) could potentially launch legal action for defamation. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I dont quite get the bit where you say Mike or one of his brothers could potentially launch legal action for defamation.Please let me know why you would include Mikes brothers in that statement?

No one. Yet. Derry is suggesting that the opening post may cause problems because Mike or his brothers (one of which is probably you) could potentially launch legal action for defamation. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

A can't imagine Cortese would be too unhappy if MLT lost his job at Sky over this as it has been his vehicle of choice for him (and Stelling and Co) getting in their digs at him.

What is the matter with you? There is absolutely no connection between this unsavoury episode and the Chairman so why make one? Frankly, the attitude of people like you stinks. Whatever narrow minded mission you are on get over it. The silent majority are very grateful of the way the Chairman is leading this club forward, we are lucky indeed to have him.

What is the matter with you? There is absolutely no connection between this unsavoury episode and the Chairman so why make one? Frankly, the attitude of people like you stinks. Whatever narrow minded mission you are on get over it. The silent majority are very grateful of the way the Chairman is leading this club forward, we are lucky indeed to have him.

I'm pretty sure Once_bitterne is actually in agreement with you on that.

I would suggest you read the Mail article which talks about legal action.

oh and Derry, you're so over the top. Seriously, defamation of character for commenting on a news paper article? If Mike Osman sued, or even contemplated suing for that I'd say he really would need to get a life.

Lets all run scared of Mike's brothers, get a grip, his big brothers are bigger than your big brothers crap, didn't that stop when you were in primary school?