Rickie Lambert

Saint Charlie

7 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Loved him as a player but to say he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box would be an understatement. I remember one promotional video where the players were reading out selected tweets from fans and it was quite apparent that he was barely literate.

Nothing to do with Lambert but I have seen Daniel Sturridges, or what was accepted to be, Daniel Sturridges handwriting first hand.

He writes like a fucking 6 year old with crayons.

1 hour ago, JustinSFC said:

Nothing to do with Lambert but I have seen Daniel Sturridges, or what was accepted to be, Daniel Sturridges handwriting first hand.

I suspect that you're fucking shite at football too.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Noodles34 said:

I’m struggling to see what the problem is with people expressing a free will to speak. 
So you don’t agree? Fine, no move on. 

You're saying we should live in a world where noone shares their opinions on other people's opinions? Baffling.

13 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

I suspect that you're fucking shite at football too.

I can play better than a 6 year old, if that's what you mean.

I think the general point, albeit a pointless point, is that footballers are often revered but also thick as pig shit most of them.

That being said Frank Lampard is supposed to have degrees outside of football and also Watmore at Middlesbrough has a law degree I think.

10 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Loved him as a player but to say he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box would be an understatement. I remember one promotional video where the players were reading out selected tweets from fans and it was quite apparent that he was barely literate.

Like a good many on here then.

2 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

I think the general point, albeit a pointless point, is that footballers are often revered but also thick as pig shit most of them.

That being said Frank Lampard is supposed to have degrees outside of football and also Watmore at Middlesbrough has a law degree I think.

Wasn't Davros Donkey Dowie a surveyor or something?

10 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Wasn't Davros Donkey Dowie a surveyor or something?

No Kevin Moore was the surveyor . Dowie had a Masters in Rocket Engineering , which I think was the basis of the "ian Dowie, Football Genius " chant. 

Doesn’t Armstrong have a law degree? The ‘footballers are thick’ thing is a bit cliche, in an industry full of people who aren’t employed because of their intellectual ability, you’re going to have a few that are lacking. There’s plenty that aren’t, Patrick Bamford turned down a Harvard scholarship and speaks 5 languages and plays a number of instruments, a few have degrees, plenty have businesses. 

10 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

Most of them? like you have conducted a survey. FFS. 

Edited by Noodles34
Because some people are too think to understand

10 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

You're saying we should live in a world where noone shares their opinions on other people's opinions? Baffling.

My point is the opinion that because some people don’t conform they are labelled as nutters etc.  The likes of Tiss and co aren’t saying it’s not out there but they are questioning the reasoning behind this response and I personally think they have a point. 
of course you can disagree and state that, but some people on here are ridiculing them for having some valid scepticism 

20 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

My point is the opinion that because some people don’t conform they are labelled as nutters etc.  The likes of Tiss and co aren’t saying it’s not out there but they are questioning the reasoning behind this response and I personally think they have a point. 
of course you can disagree and state that, but some people on here are ridiculing them for having some valid scepticism 

Le Tissier compared lockdown to the holocaust and Lambert shared a post that said Covid is an attempt to enforce communism.  Both those things deserve ridicule.

• Like 2

I think Lambert meant totalitarianism which is the same wether it refers to Hitler or Stalin . China etc have got COVID under control because they have complete power over the people . They are suggesting that they are superior to western democracy as a result ! 
Le Tissier is completely unhinged if he said that .

Edited by East Kent Saint

13 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

You can't have both lovely handwriting and an amazing goal celebration

Edited by LVSaint

3 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Le Tissier compared lockdown to the holocaust and Lambert shared a post that said Covid is an attempt to enforce communism.  Both those things deserve ridicule.

No he didn’t, he shared an image posted by somebody else that said ‘the people who were protecting Anne Frank were breaking the law, the people who killed her were following it’. The insinuation being that ‘it’s the law’ shouldn’t always be justification that something is right, as i’m sure there are thousands of example throughout history. ‘He compared lockdown to the holocaust’ is the sort of bias bollocks misinformation that is rife at the moment, and naive people lap it up and don’t bother to find out the actual situation. There’s plenty of bollocks Le Tissier has spouted in the past year, so i’m not sure why people need to make stuff up - it was the same with Trump, some of the quotes and headlines were so far from what he actually said, when in actual fact if you just quoted things he actually said, most people would still come to the conclusion he was a fucking idiot anyway. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

No he didn’t, he shared an image posted by somebody else that said ‘the people who were protecting Anne Frank were breaking the law, the people who killed her were following it’. The insinuation being that ‘it’s the law’ shouldn’t always be justification that something is right, as i’m sure there are thousands of example throughout history. ‘He compared lockdown to the holocaust’ is the sort of bias bollocks misinformation that is rife at the moment, and naive people lap it up and don’t bother to find out the actual situation. There’s plenty of bollocks Le Tissier has spouted in the past year, so i’m not sure why people need to make stuff up - it was the same with Trump, some of the quotes and headlines were so far from what he actually said, when in actual fact if you just quoted things he actually said, most people would still come to the conclusion he was a fucking idiot anyway. 

I find it amazing that some people still haven't realised that using the Holocaust in any reference, anecdote or analogy almost always ends badly. Yes, I get that it wasn't a direct comparison but using the Gestapo as a metaphor for not being allowed in the pub is just asinine. It's the same with Gina Carano, the actress who was fired from Star Wars. I have no reason to believe either of them are genuinely anti-Semitic but unless you have a pretty sizable body-count to back it up, don't use the Holocaust to score cheap drama points on the internet.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

That and also his comparison to No of Covid19 deaths Vs car crashes during the height of the first lockdown was just breathtakingly stupid or absolute ignorance of the situation, which was something like 800 people/day dying at that point from suffocation. He was arguing with people on twitter who were trying to point out to him that car crashes aren't exponentially contagious.

Legend or not, thought the bloke a complete tosser after that.

24 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

That and also his comparison to No of Covid19 deaths Vs car crashes during the height of the first lockdown was just breathtakingly stupid or absolute ignorance of the situation, which was something like 800 people/day dying at that point from suffocation. He was arguing with people on twitter who were trying to point out to him that car crashes aren't exponentially contagious.

Legend or not, thought the bloke a complete tosser after that.

Agreed. I find it extremely sad that someone I grew up hero worshipping, and someone that you thought might actually be a bit different to the average usual 'thick footballer', turns into such a complete bell end. And a shame about Lambert too. Oh well, there you go...

11 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I find it amazing that some people still haven't realised that using the Holocaust in any reference, anecdote or analogy almost always ends badly. Yes, I get that it wasn't a direct comparison but using the Gestapo as a metaphor for not being allowed in the pub is just asinine. It's the same with Gina Carano, the actress who was fired from Star Wars. I have no reason to believe either of them are genuinely anti-Semitic but unless you have a pretty sizable body-count to back it up, don't use the Holocaust to score cheap drama points on the internet.

Yes, it isn’t something that I would advise anyone to do either, that’s why i’m saying if people just represented what Matt has actually been saying it would be a strong enough case that he’s said some pretty stupid shit. Exaggerating it or twisting it just clouds the whole discussion imo, and causes some to actually side with the people saying said stupid shit.