Rickie Lambert

Saint Charlie

Saints legend. I genuinely love the bloke (yeah, I would, and what?!).

Favourite goal was that one against my dons away in his first season.

Sheer class. Down on his chest, absolutely leathered it from 30+ yards. Not his most important, but my word it was a stunner.

That or those against Milwall last season. This was the point I was convinced we would go up.

My favourite goal of his was the equaliser in the FA Cup game against Cheats which we lost as Cheats had a number of players they should not have been allowed to sign.

The roar and mental celebrations were up there with anything I've ever been involved in as a Saints fan.

He's a top player though, we'll only really appreciate him when he isn't around.

Legend.

First 2 against Ipswich for last season, that magic one away at MK Dons in the first L1 season is the best for us. Was still at uni, got a call from a mate at the game who was pretty much speechless at what had just happened. Football league show that night was on repeat for ages.

Legend. Shouldn't be compared to Matt as he is legendary for different reasons.

Rickie is a symbol of all we have become since the takeover and being saved from the brink of oblivion.

He has been our best player from League 1 to Prem and for that he will be a legend whatever happens.

My favourite player since Matt in 23 years supporting Saints.

Legend.

Top scorer in each of the 3 seasons he's been with us, twice the division top scorer. Without his goals we would not be where we are now, that is a fact.

He's also scored twice against the skates. My favorite Lambert goal was the equaliser against them in the cup at SMS. To this day I have not gone more mental at celebrating a goal.

Rickie+Lambert+Southampton+v+Portsmouth+FA+R0yYSIzEGjIl.jpg

• 8 years later...
On 21/11/2012 at 16:55, Saint Charlie said:

Best signing since the takeover, will he go down as a Saints legend regardless of what happens from here?

Yes for me.

Unfortunately he seems to have caught some of MLT's Covid nut-jobbery on Instagram. 

Loved him as a player but to say he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box would be an understatement. I remember one promotional video where the players were reading out selected tweets from fans and it was quite apparent that he was barely literate.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Loved him as a player but to say he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box would be an understatement. I remember one promotional video where the players were reading out selected tweets from fans and it was quite apparent that he was barely literate.

What a charmer you are.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lighthouse said:

What’s wrong with that? Lots of players are well loved despite being somewhat low wattage in the lightbulb department. Rooney left school with no GCSEs.

There are lots of reasons why someone may have difficulty reading.  Dismissing them as stupid is really quite ugly.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

There are lots of reasons why someone may have difficulty reading.  Dismissing them as stupid is really quite ugly.

That's weird, you didn't seem to have much problem with it on the Danny Ings thread.

On 31/03/2021 at 11:18, Verbal said:

Is Ings in bold because his was the one name you were confident you'd spelt correctly?

• Like 3

My comment was a joke acknowledged by the poster I was replying to.  Your comment is just a nasty, ugly little sentiment.   By the way, I imagine I have nothing in common with Rooney except that I also have no GCSEs - how dimwitted must I be?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jawillwill said:

Unfortunately he seems to have caught some of MLT's Covid nut-jobbery on Instagram. 

Oh no, please tell me you're kidding? My favourite ever player, would be gutted.

Nothing wrong with not being particularly intelligent but there is with not realising it.