Pistorius Shoots His Girlfriend

Guided Missile

Ah, so it appears that Peter (calamity) Storrie must now be running the SAF Police force.

This story could catch up the PTS for the number of :facepalm: for incompetence.

In a humiliating U-turn, a spokesman for South Africa's National Prosecution Agency said there had been an error in the evidence of detective Warrant Officer Hilton Botha when he identified the substance found in the 26 year-old's bedroom.

Medupe Simasiku said it is too early to identify the substance as it is still undergoing laboratory tests.

In fact, no results of any forensic tests from the scene of the killing had been given to investigators.

WO Botha left prosecutors rubbing their temples, only able to look down at their notes as he misjudged distances and acknowledged a bungling forensics team left in the bathroom toilet bowl one of the bullets fired at Miss Steenkamp.

However, WO Botha later said under cross examination that the person who overheard the argument was in a house 600 metres away in Pistorius's gated community in the suburbs of South Africa's capital, Pretoria.

600 metres away from the scene and heard a domestic dispute? Lol I've been 600 metres away from a Stevie Wonder gig with 2 MW of Speakers and not heard a thing.

And this one from twitter this am

@BBCAndrewH: #OscarPistorius Detective Botha due in court in May for allegedly firing on a minibus with colleagues while drunk.”

Incompetence like this the guy will be running round a racetrack within days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21528631

Oh Lord it gets worse for the Cops!

The South African detective leading the Oscar Pistorius inquiry is himself facing seven charges of attempted murder, police have confirmed.

Detective Hilton Botha, who has faced fierce questioning at Mr Pistorius's bail hearing, was allegedly involved in a drunken shooting some years ago.

popcorn.gif

Or do we smell the first signs of a conspiracy theory...

"We were only informed yesterday that attempted murders charges against Hilton Botha have been reinstated," Mr Malila said.

:suspicious:

The way I see it:

Police go to OP house, no doubt he's guilty if goes to court.

Pressure on police to find him not guilty, he's sporting royalty in SA.

Police decide to use detective that is accused of bigger crime of which he is also guilty. Tell him they will doctor evidence in HIS case to find him not guilty of his previous transgressions if he will take prison for perjury and tampering with a crimescene.

Evidence becomes inadmissable for OP case, hence not enough evidence for murder.

OP found not guilty, detective gets reduced sentence, the world moves on.

All IMHO of course.

The way I see it:

Police go to OP house, no doubt he's guilty if goes to court.

Pressure on police to find him not guilty, he's sporting royalty in SA.

Police decide to use detective that is accused of bigger crime of which he is also guilty. Tell him they will doctor evidence in HIS case to find him not guilty of his previous transgressions if he will take prison for perjury and tampering with a crimescene.

Evidence becomes inadmissable for OP case, hence not enough evidence for murder.

OP found not guilty, detective gets reduced sentence, the world moves on.

All IMHO of course.

I'm in SA at the moment (come here quite often) and I don't believe that there is a conspiracy going on !

Incompetence, yes, but I don't think that the cops are are clever enough to do any double dealing !

All IMHO of course but with some local knowledge added for ITK kudos !!

:rolleyes:As in many cases in the UK......Very difficult for The Free Masons to go defence or prosecutioin.:rolleyes:

As in Kenneth Noye over many years of protection.

From what I have seen of the case so far..It stinks to high heaven of foul play from beginning to end.

It would appear that the bail application has been played out to bring a not guilty verdict at the eventual trial.

If OP gets bail......it would be an absolute scandal......as has the three days so far for a bail application hearing.

As has been the custody in a local Police station in Hotel conditions.

Any other person to and from Prison for court hearings. ( Prison.....WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN remanded after first hearing in court)

Dark forces at play..:x

OJ Simpson case springs to mind:rolleyes:

It's a tough culture I believe and you have you be an arrogant **** to survive. If you are not people will just take advantage of you. That's what I have heard from 2 separate alright ones anyway (yeah I know 2, I couldnt believe it either). That swimmer's dad from the Olympics seemed ok as well, at least humble and friendly. In general though most of them seem like over direct, rude, arrogant knobs. Where is VFTT from?

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

You part Drew Surman diggers? Do you have one of these funny accents? That's the best thing about S Africans, their accent is well good, 'pescially for talking down to people "let's get down to business Alan - we don't want a clown". Admittedly it is hard to do accents by typing on an iPhone but I think you'll agree I did an ok job there.

You part Drew Surman diggers? Do you have one of these funny accents? That's the best thing about S Africans, their accent is well good, 'pescially for talking down to people "let's get down to business Alan - we don't want a clown". Admittedly it is hard to do accents by typing on an iPhone but I think you'll agree I did an ok job there.

Indeed mate but no accent. I'm actually getting married in cape town next month to my south african gf. I do know what you mean though about the directness (aka rudeness). Not from her, but many people I have encountered. They don't seem to offend each other though when they being all bossy and demanding, just everyone else, especially polite and sensitive brits.

Did anyone else not like Oscar Pistorius before the Olympics/Paralympics? I've never found him endearing personally and felt a bit vindicated when he whinged about being beaten this year.

And now this. Hmmm.

Totally agree and posted in an Olympic thread about it. Just did not sit right that he "forced" his way to compete. I felt it was wrong and still do, but I got stick about it

Yeah women tend to save all the bad stuff until after marriage. Don't worry diggers you'll feel like you are sharing a house with Terre Blanche before too long. When it does come around to the point when you want to shoot her, make sure you have a half decent cover story, that 'I thought it was an intruder' one had been done to death.

It's a tough culture I believe and you have you be an arrogant **** to survive. If you are not people will just take advantage of you. That's what I have heard from 2 separate alright ones anyway (yeah I know 2, I couldnt believe it either). That swimmer's dad from the Olympics seemed ok as well, at least humble and friendly. In general though most of them seem like over direct, rude, arrogant knobs. Where is VFTT from?

Which can also be a description for Dutch people that isn't totally off the mark. Perhaps the Dutch heritage in SA i part of it.

Yeah women tend to save all the bad stuff until after marriage. Don't worry diggers you'll feel like you are sharing a house with Terre Blanche before too long. When it does come around to the point when you want to shoot her, make sure you have a half decent cover story, that 'I thought it was an intruder' one had been done to death.

Don't worry I have it all figured out. I'll probably leave a pair of tiny blood stained gloves behind and then claim they don't fit after a hour long police chase on live TV. That definitely hasn't been done before eh bru?

Can I just say as probably the only South African citizen on here that I find this racism most offensive.

He may be a legless psychopath but he's our legless psychopath.

Although I do think he's guilty as sin, and they should have locked him up & thrown away the key.

I can see his house from my window, & I've actually been done in that court where he was bailed - fined R200 about 15 years ago for failing to stop at a stop sign.

Can I just say as probably the only South African citizen on here that I find this racism most offensive.

He may be a legless psychopath but he's our legless psychopath.

Although I do think he's guilty as sin, and they should have locked him up & thrown away the key.

I can see his house from my window, & I've actually been done in that court where he was bailed - fined R200 about 15 years ago for failing to stop at a stop sign.

Another one :yawn: don't worry bru, we are only joking, I am sure there are some nice friendly polite people over there and it is just the arrogant knobs that come over here, work for virgin active and live in Southfields. By the way, where was the racism stuff? Was it diggers and his OJ Simpson stuff?

Typical South African arrogance, thinking you can just do what you want.

;)

BTW, that court room looks strange... maybe I'm not seeing it right but it looks tiny and what exactly are the walls like in there? All I can see is some red, mottle effect stuff...

Makes sense, I guess. I've had dealings with a few South Africans.. I've felt that they weren't impolite... just direct and a bit humourless. I tried and I tried, but I just couldn't strike up any rapport with them. :-/

Edited by Crab Lungs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283646/Brother-Oscar-Pistorius-faces-charges-death-woman-car-crash.html

It gets worse and worse

Today, it emerged Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family.

Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing.

But grieving relatives who saw her body before Tuesday’s cremation in Port Elizabeth described horrific injuries from the cricket bat, and entry wounds from 9mm bullets fired by Pistorius

Hmm WHY are they releasing this level of information to the Public? What chance of a fair trial does that give?

The brother of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius is facing charges over the death of a woman in a car crash in 2010, it was reported today.

Carl Pistorius, who was present in court over the past week to support Oscar, is charged with culpable homicide over the alleged accidental death of a female motorcyclist.

His lawyer Kenny Oldwage, who also represents Oscar Pistorius, confirmed the charges today. Carl Pistorius appeared in court just two days before his brother's bail hearing last week.

Hmm another charge from long ago suddenly re-invigorated.

Charges of Culpable Homicide (Manslaughter to you and me) are automatic and compulsory in every fatal traffic incident in South African law. It isn't unusual to take years to get to Court. Most are found not guilty because they really are just accidents, or the unfortunate victim was the "guilty" party.

Hmm WHY are they releasing this level of information to the Public? What chance of a fair trial does that give?

As I understand it dubai_phil, there is no jury system in South Africa.

I think a judge / magistrate reaches a decision based on the facts presented and points of law. So there are no 12 good men and true to be influenced by these reports.

So he'll still be given a 'fair' trial - as long as you agree that you can have a fair trial without being judged by your peers.

He will still get slaughtered in the court of public opinion; with these damaging snippets of information apparently made available randomly.

It appears an odd system. But given the discharge of the jury in the Pryce case the other week, who's to say that our system is any better.

hutch, is this the case with the South African legal system?

It's a better system bletch, you can't trust the public. The public watch X-factor, voted for the nazis and buy cold play albums.

I had a mate doing jury service. He was judging over a rape case and two of the other female members of the jury wanted to find the guy guilty of rape "just in case he was a rapest", the evidence against him wasn't string but they couldn't bare the thought of setting a "potential rapest" free. That are supposedly your peers.

It's a better system bletch, you can't trust the public. The public watch X-factor, voted for the nazis and buy cold play albums.

I had a mate doing jury service. He was judging over a rape case and two of the other female members of the jury wanted to find the guy guilty of rape "just in case he was a rapest", the evidence against him wasn't string but they couldn't bare the thought of setting a "potential rapest" free. That are supposedly your peers.

Do you know what the verdict was in the rape case Toke?

Chief Magistrate remarked on the recovery of the cricket bat and subject of forensic testing..

He stated during the hearing.... to determine if the bat had been used to break down the toilet door....

At no time did he mention if tests would also determine if the bat had possibly been used as a weapon on Miss Steenkamp...

It was stated before the bail hearing that there was blood on the bat and forensic tests needed to prove if the victims blood.(alleged Police statement)

It was also stated that the victim had received head injuries suspected of being the result of blows to the head from a blunt instrument.(alleged Police statement)

If these facts are to be believed.....strange that the Police gave that info out to press?

And strange that there appears no mention in the hearing about the alleged head injuries to the victim (other than bullet entries)

Conclusion...

No such bat related head injuries to the skull of Miss Steenkamp.......

No blood on said cricket bat for the Chief Magistrate to comment on. (AS STATED ABOVE..HE COMMENTED ON BAT RE POSSIBLE TESTS RE DOOR)

Did the Police tell porkies to the press re Miss Steenkamp having a crushed skull?

Did the family lie re Miss Steenkamp head injuries?

WHY did the Magistrate NOT ask further questions re the other possible use of the bat...in a two hour summing up after many hours of detailed bail hearing..

He asked re bat and door...........Simple question is there any suspicion of bat and use on victim?

He asked enough questions re wounds from bullets fired.

If it transpires she does have head injuries from a weapon ie the cricket bat.......IS there a reason the Chief Magistrate did not want

the court to hear that IN EVIDENCE OF HER WOUNDS... OR as stated.......there NEVER were such injuries sustained by Miss Steenkamp.

As I have stated before.............I believe OP was always going to get bail at all costs......

Will be interesting to see if the lady has skull injuries as alleged...

IF she has such damage to the skull.......No doubt the defence will try to show that the victim sustained such injuries from falling and hitting her head.

In my opinion Mr Botha was an idiot placed in charge by The Chief of Police knowing he would help the defence and the Chief Magistrate....

Case stinks to high heaven...........Bail hearing confirmed what I suspected.

PS........ If no such injuries to the skull of the victim...........

The defence lawyer would have made a massive case of this in the hearing...

to prove the story was re suspected intruder and the Police statements prior to hearing biased and like their case unfounded..

WE will see...

Edited by ottery st mary

Do you know what the verdict was in the rape case Toke?

Yes and no - the jury was split so it went for a retrial. Had a few mates do jury service and it sounds like an terrible system. The general population are just too thick to be able to decide something like whether a man should be found guilty of rape or not. It's sad but true, anyone that interacts with the general public will know most of them are morons.