Guilty pleasure

JustMike

Good thread justice, I actually thought about posting it myself before, though it should really be in the muppet show. As I've got older, Ive got into loads of 'uncool' music. Biggest lameass one is Rihanna's album, last years one. That was decent. It also helps as she is naked in some of the videos. Saw Rizzle Kicks twice last year. They are so lame at one of the gigs James Cordon even got on stage with them. Had a good time though. Should be fine as long as I don't tell anyone, like on a forum or something.

Listening to radio on way home earlier and got thinking about guilty pleasure songs that you like that perhaps, being alpha males (or females ;)) we shouldn't. What's yours?

As a result of being 15 in 1988 I enjoy the singles of the Pet Shop Boys and Erasure. And I bought the Power Rangers Theme when it was released as a single. :(

Rick Astley, Human League or Hot Chocolate.

But only when driving.

So I can make a horrible sing-a-long noises 'cos I can't even get close to any of the high notes.

(Although embarrassingly while having had a couple too many on a flight once listening to best of the 80's on the inflight entertainment I did get the "Excuse me Sir - STFU" tap on the shoulder.)

Listening to radio on way home earlier and got thinking about guilty pleasure songs that you like that perhaps, being alpha males (or females ;)) we shouldn't. What's yours?

Oh and someone disqualify JM from the best mods poll for NOT naming HIS guilty pleasure (or at LEAST -10 reputation points)

When I was younger (can't remember exactly how old, probably about 8-10) I owned Crocodile Shoes (the album, not just the single) by Jimmy Nail and absolutely loved it. I re bought it a few years ago and still enjoy it (in private) from time to time... Same goes for (pretty much) anything by Meat Loaf...

As someone bought up on rock music & the post punk of Blondie/Jam etc & I've got to confess to having a soft spot for the Pet Shop Boys (but keep it secret). Recently though I bought a Dusty Springfield greatest hits compo, there is some great stuff on there.

No guilt required there. She was great. As swannymere suggests, check out Dusty in Memphis (there's now an extended remastered version). It has her great single "Son of a Preacher Man" on there. God, I remember seeing her on TV when she was still in The Springfields (very early 60s).

Theere's nothing guilty about Neil Diamond. As a fully paid up metaller, I own a lot of music I should be ashamed of (Wham, Duran Duran, Dolly Parton, Belinda Carlisle etc) but, I'm actually proud of my diverse tastes. That said, I was looking at a Phil Collins best of yesterday and thinking i should buy it as i like every song on it. :/

I really love Cream, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Led Zep and far too many more like them to mention. However

I also really enjoy Nat King Cole, Neil Diamond, Judy Tzuke, Carol King and again too many others to list.

My wife loves someone called Cliff Richard and also Elvis Presley, Can't stand either of them though. :D