The first "proper" pre-season game predicion sweepstake thread

jawillwill

Predictions for who will be our first real pre-season fixture. By proper I mean a team from one of the top two divisions in their respective countries (e.g. Eastleigh, Totton, Portsmouth etc. don't count).

I'm going for Toulouse (away).

why would we play Toulouse exactly. If we're going Switzerland/Austria again we'll play Swiss sides or Austrian sides, mind you PSG are doing Austria this year, now PSG-Saints in Austria...that would be a pre-season game but as they've already got 2 games lined up I doubt that it's on the cards. Perhaps Salzburg or rapid Vienna, then we can compare our result with those of PSG.

Perhaps Salzburg or rapid Vienna, then we can compare our result with those of PSG.

if its Salzburg, you can bet on a flood of 'ITKers' posting about how it's proof of our impending sponsorship/takeover by Red Bull

why would we play Toulouse exactly. If we're going Switzerland/Austria again we'll play Swiss sides or Austrian sides, mind you PSG are doing Austria this year, now PSG-Saints in Austria...that would be a pre-season game but as they've already got 2 games lined up I doubt that it's on the cards. Perhaps Salzburg or rapid Vienna, then we can compare our result with those of PSG.

We played Evian last season.

The problem I have with it a little is that I thought their season starts earlier than ours, so the dates wouldnt fit necessarily.

Personally I would have liked us to have announced atleast where the training camp is by now

Can see some Barca references.

Still plenty of time left, are they mentioning dates over there ?

Personally I would have liked us to have announced atleast where the training camp is by now

No. And this isnt coming from the media, btw. Its just a few comments being made around my sons U-14 league; apparently a few of the players from the other teams have some sort of training academy up in Salzburg. I dont have any details, I'm afraid.

Basically, the hear my sons accent, ask him where he is from. He says "Soton" (although he is born over here, dunno why he does that) and they say "they might be over here in the summer". Probably not as much as you hoped. sorry.

I was told they were heading back to the Barcelona area for pre-season by someone who knows someone at the club, not sure how reliable they are though.

EnglishSpanishArabicThe fans can be calm because the Ramón de Carranza Trophy and will come the Maghreb Athletic Tetouan nor will the selection of the Philippines. Alessandro Gaucci The idea is to form a cartel that excites much, that encourages football enjoy Carranza level and make a real summer tournament Trophy of Trophies.

Cadista club managers know they can not go back to repeat the grim picture of the stands last year and are painstakingly trying to close the participation of teams of the most important European leagues.

PORTAL has been told cadista, one of the teams to accompany the poster Cádiz CF in the Ramon de Carranza Trophy 2013 could be the Málaga CF, with whom he has no contact in the last days. Bernd Shuster will be their coach next season and try to find qualified for European competition once exceed the penalty imposed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Nor is ruled a team from the Premier League, while this time made ​​compatible Carranza Trophy dates with the start of the Premiership. Among the options the club down is the name of Southampton FC, ​​who this season finished in 14th place with 41 points, something near the descent.

Among other Spanish Primera Liga and the Italian Serie A, excels FC Porto option, the current Portugese League champions.

This week could be closed the poster and in the coming days could be announced officially and participating teams.

Could do a cracking week out there, just wouldn't be cheap at that time of the year!

Flights from Bournemouth to Malaga looking at about £150 return. Not far from Seville too, a City I've always fancied. ALWAYS wanted Saints abroad in the sunshine with San Miguel!

Will have the credit card poised to book up the moment they confirm on twitter!

Famous for being the place where Danny Dyer narrowly avoided being stabbed in a bungled drug deal on a trip there in the Business.

If Dyer had anything about him he would have chuckled at said knifeman then calmly informed him that he is an expert in Krav Mega and if the knife was used on him he would be forced to remove it from that person and would not hesitate in using it on them in a non lethal, yet highly effective manner. Then kick him in the balls. Then scan. Then take the money and the drugs. Then scan again.

Turkish, thinking about it we should use our new skills to become international drug gang robbers, we would be the scourge of global narcotics traffickers, leaving Interpol scratching their heads as they find yet another heap of Eastern European rent a mobs in a twisted moaning tangle of body parts undone yet again by simple, non lethal yet highly aggressive and effective hand to hand combat.

Anyway, back to work for me...

If Dyer had anything about him he would have chuckled at said knifeman then calmly informed him that he is an expert in Krav Mega and if the knife was used on him he would be forced to remove it from that person and would not hesitate in using it on them in a non lethal, yet highly effective manner. Then kick him in the balls. Then scan. Then take the money and the drugs. Then scan again.

Turkish, thinking about it we should use our new skills to become international drug gang robbers, we would be the scourge of global narcotics traffickers, leaving Interpol scratching their heads as they find yet another heap of Eastern European rent a mobs in a twisted moaning tangle of body parts undone yet again by simple, non lethal yet highly aggressive and effective hand to hand combat.

Anyway, back to work for me...

I like the idea of that, we could be a viglante group, we'd be like modern day Robin Hoods, the only difference being we steal from everyone and give to ourselves.

5 weeks since the end of the season and not one pre-season game announced yet , looking through other teams websites we appear to be the only club this slow off the mark.

the players are due back for training in just over a week, and football league starts in Aug 3rd so any friendlies v lower league will need to be in July.

I wonder if the chaos in the marketing department with the sponsor debacle is causing delays in other decisions to be made as well.

if the rumours are true about training camps in Spain and Austria perhaps we won't be playing domestic friendlies anyway.

5 weeks since the end of the season and not one pre-season game announced yet , looking through other teams websites we appear to be the only club this slow off the mark.

the players are due back for training in just over a week, and football league starts in Aug 3rd so any friendlies v lower league will need to be in July.

I wonder if the chaos in the marketing department with the sponsor debacle is causing delays in other decisions to be made as well.

if the rumours are true about training camps in Spain and Austria perhaps we won't be playing domestic friendlies anyway.

A certain saying involving the consumption of fermented vegetable drinks in the place of their production springs to mind...

And I was criticised for comparing SFC to a crappy B&B..

Flights from Bournemouth to Malaga looking at about £150 return. Not far from Seville too, a City I've always fancied. ALWAYS wanted Saints abroad in the sunshine with San Miguel!

Will have the credit card poised to book up the moment they confirm on twitter!

Seville is a stunning city. Probably one of the most picturesque cities I've ever visited.

We are the only club in the Premiership not to announce their pre season plans.

It is the 'Southampton Way'. We don't follow, we lead and other follow us.

everytime i see that statement on the season ticket box is sounds more and more ridiculous, as someone who have been to 77 grounds in England and travelled to watch football all over Europe i can't think of anything we do that is really ground breaking, perhaps sacking programme sellers and replacing them with "models"

everytime i see that statement on the season ticket box is sounds more and more ridiculous, as someone who have been to 77 grounds in England and travelled to watch football all over Europe i can't think of anything we do that is really ground breaking, perhaps sacking programme sellers and replacing them with "models"

How many other clubs have banned the media only to back track a few weeks later? How many other clubs have ticket manager after PR director after commercial manager leave before their probation period is up? It'll be common practise throughout soccerball soon fella, you mark my words.