Midlands Saints

georgeweahscousin

So.....

....having lived on the Isle of Wight for the past three seasons and not had a season ticket (worked too much at weekends to justify it), have now moved to the Midlands (Coventry) and got one. Not very logical but there you go.

Anyway if anyone travels to games from the Midlands and wanted to share travel costs/take turns driving etc. for games let me know!

Im midlands based (Brum) but dont do to many games due to funds, will be going to WBA first game with my bro though. Hope you settle in COventry ok, if you single you are a lucky fella,,,, not sure why but Coventry girls tend to be hot,,, I dont get it, you would not think it, but they are.

I'm in Redditch but with a young family and a non football loving fiancée it's hard to get down very often but when I do, I'll let you know. I tend to go to Villa home & away as step daughter and work colleagues are villa fans, Norwich home and away as my mate supports them and then a few others. Couple of us saints fans watch televised games in my local in redditch.

I'm in Redditch but with a young family and a non football loving fiancée it's hard to get down very often but when I do, I'll let you know. I tend to go to Villa home & away as step daughter and work colleagues are villa fans, Norwich home and away as my mate supports them and then a few others. Couple of us saints fans watch televised games in my local in redditch.

I've literally just moved to redditch myself. Be nice to know a few fellow saints in the area

quite poignant this, as my dad, based in Heage, Derbyshire as well as Perth Australia, just passed away. I was born in Nottingham, and there are loads of Saints fans in the midlands, I have tried to track down the website, but there is an active midlands Saints 'cell', will update later.

There used to be a Midlands Saints supporters club, and their address was from time to time mentioned in the programme. This was a good way for Saints fans to keep in touch, organise travel etc, but not sure if it still operates in the internet age.

Where in Redditch are you Ado? I'm on Evesham Rd in Crabbs Cross there's a few Saints fans around couple of watch the televised games in The Fleece on Evesham Rd, I know the landlord in there so sometimes gets the non-televised games as well through his dodgy satellite tv.

We've just moved to Painswick Close in Oakenshaw. As just moved I don't know many of the pubs yet! You will have to say when your next in there and I'll find it and come down for a beer

There used to be a Midlands Saints supporters club, and their address was from time to time mentioned in the programme. This was a good way for Saints fans to keep in touch, organise travel etc, but not sure if it still operates in the internet age.

Hi Guys,

I run the Australian Supporters group, we now have 1500+ members, having only had 300 six months ago. I'd be more than happy to help you guys build numbers. All it would take is for one of you to either find the existing Midlands supporter group or make a Facebook page(not group) yourself(incredibly easy). Once you have that in place I'll add it to our listing of all groups outside Southampton and walk you through best avenues of promotion on Facebook. Recently spent $20 on our New Zealand page and the numbers climbed from 23 to 190 within three days, all Southampton fans, residing in New Zealand.

To give you a brief idea of the number of Southampton fans in the Midlands, I've used Coventry as the center mark. Remember that these are only numbers for people that use Facebook:

Within a 25mile radius of Coventry there are 820 Southampton fans.

When stretched out to 50miles that number grows to 1820

I can't speak more highly of having a supporter group in place. Along with watching matches together, you guys have the added bonus of arranging and splitting transfer costs to games if and when necessary. So the next step is for one or two of you to take the reigns and set up a Facebook page for the Midlands Saints and we'll go from there.

Hope that helps,

Trevor.

Im midlands based (Brum) but dont do to many games due to funds, will be going to WBA first game with my bro though. Hope you settle in COventry ok, if you single you are a lucky fella,,,, not sure why but Coventry girls tend to be hot,,, I dont get it, you would not think it, but they are.

Wife decided to come with me....

Ta!

I live in Coventry. (Although I am on holiday at the moment....)

Where abouts in the city are you mate?

Really cannot share sentry's comments about the local girls though..... :?

Earlsdon

quite poignant this, as my dad, based in Heage, Derbyshire as well as Perth Australia, just passed away. I was born in Nottingham, and there are loads of Saints fans in the midlands, I have tried to track down the website, but there is an active midlands Saints 'cell', will update later.

Cool, would be happy to be involved.

An Midlands based group would be a great idea!

I live in Solihull so not too far away and have a season ticket. Me and my lad go down.

That's, not far from Cov right? If you ever fancy a petrol paying passenger let me know!

Hi Guys,

I run the Australian Supporters group, we now have 1500+ members, having only had 300 six months ago. I'd be more than happy to help you guys build numbers. All it would take is for one of you to either find the existing Midlands supporter group or make a Facebook page(not group) yourself(incredibly easy). Once you have that in place I'll add it to our listing of all groups outside Southampton and walk you through best avenues of promotion on Facebook. Recently spent $20 on our New Zealand page and the numbers climbed from 23 to 190 within three days, all Southampton fans, residing in New Zealand.

To give you a brief idea of the number of Southampton fans in the Midlands, I've used Coventry as the center mark. Remember that these are only numbers for people that use Facebook:

I can't speak more highly of having a supporter group in place. Along with watching matches together, you guys have the added bonus of arranging and splitting transfer costs to games if and when necessary. So the next step is for one or two of you to take the reigns and set up a Facebook page for the Midlands Saints and we'll go from there.

Hope that helps,

Trevor.

Hmmm. I'll see if anyone is already running something.

Hi Guys,

Hope that helps,

Trevor.

How are you working those numbers out? Seem a bit high to me.

How are you working those numbers out? Seem a bit high to me.

Through Facebook advertising. I placed an ad for our group and the NZ one recently. Those figures are accurate.

We still get people joining our pages, shocked that they're not the only Saints fan in Oz.

Railcard works from Banbury south and knocks a third off. Also if you split the journey it saves £££

Try Telford to Wolverhampton

Wolves to Banbury

Banbury to Reading

reading to Southampton

Should save you.

Network railcard from Banbury to reading & reading to Southampton.

I'm not a million miles north of you in South Derbys. Been here since late last year but have yet to uncover any other Saints in the immediate area - way too many Birmingham and Villa fans for my liking, complete with their dreadful accents :(

Yeah, it would be good if there was something like that still, to organize coaches and things like that. Maybe some one on here could start up a website with details on etc.

New Zealand 'page' now has 200+ members from a much smaller total of overall Southampton fans, when compared to the Midlands. As I said, if someone sets up a Facebook PAGE, I'm more than happy to spread the word! 250 by next week..

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45252-Social-media-pages-and-important-links-for-Saints-fans-outside-Southampton#.UeNiPtJHKSo

That's the current listing of all our supporter groups outside Southampton. Check the Australian or New Zealand Facebook links for an idea of what I'm talking about.

Hmmm... I'm not sure that includes all the groups. For example I can't see the TOSSA and COLSLAW groups listed there:

TOSSA - The Oxford Saints Supporters Association

COLSLAW - Committee Of Loyal Saints Living Around Watford

These two generally operate as effectively one group and have a presence through Yahoo here: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLSLAW/

I am a member of Northern Saints as I live near Darlington. There are quite a lot of us around and we are growing in number all the time! There are quite a few in the Northwest, including the organisers of the group, so there is always likely to be someone travelling down through the Midlands on their way to a Saints game - though I don't know how many drive to games.

Yeah, it would be good if there was something like that still, to organize coaches and things like that. Maybe some one on here could start up a website with details on etc.

Midland Saints was run by Andrew Bartlett. He used to work with my Dad. Lost touch with him when my Dad died unfortunately.

We've just moved to Painswick Close in Oakenshaw. As just moved I don't know many of the pubs yet! You will have to say when your next in there and I'll find it and come down for a beer

Wow Painswick Close we are practically neighbours. Our back garden ends at the woods/trees at the top of Painswick Close. If you are driving its literally up the hill (rough hill drive) at McDonalds roundabout turn right at the roundabout and I'm on the right between the fleece pub and eagle pub just before the Co-op. we'll definitely have to meet up for a pint good to have another one of us around.

When(if) any one gets a midlands Saints facebook page or similar set up please let me know. My niece lives in Birmingham and works in walsall and is a mad Saints fan (often seen in and around birmingham wearing her Saints shirt). She would be very pleased to know of other fans in the area as she often goes to Saints games with workmates who tend to be supporting the opposition

Wow Painswick Close we are practically neighbours. Our back garden ends at the woods/trees at the top of Painswick Close. If you are driving its literally up the hill (rough hill drive) at McDonalds roundabout turn right at the roundabout and I'm on the right between the fleece pub and eagle pub just before the Co-op. we'll definitely have to meet up for a pint good to have another one of us around.

Would be rude not to meet for a beer being that close! I dont want to give my number out over here but feel free to send me an email at adothomas88@hotmail.co.uk

I'll start the FB page at the weekend.

Good man. Earlsdon is not far from my native Coundon/Radford. If you fancy a pint do let me know. As far as travel is concerned I usually make a weekend of games and stay with Dad in Kings Worthy. But midweek games may be a good shout.

Cheers.

Good man. Earlsdon is not far from my native Coundon/Radford. If you fancy a pint do let me know. As far as travel is concerned I usually make a weekend of games and stay with Dad in Kings Worthy. But midweek games may be a good shout.

Cheers.

Is the Earlsdon cottage still there? I used to go there when I worked in Cov.

There did indeed used to be a very active Midlands Saints Group which a frined of mine from Cov was part of and they organised travelling together - I even remember coaches for some games. But I am going back years. These were the contact details then but they could be way out of date.

Mr M Meredith

10 Bramcote Road, Loughborough,Leics

E-Mail Andrew.Bartlett@nationwideisp.net

There did indeed used to be a very active Midlands Saints Group which a frined of mine from Cov was part of and they organised travelling together - I even remember coaches for some games. But I am going back years. These were the contact details then but they could be way out of date.

Mr M Meredith

10 Bramcote Road, Loughborough,Leics

E-Mail Andrew.Bartlett@nationwideisp.net

Mike Meredith was a top bloke. Most be very old now.