Who is to blame for the Summer of inactivity?

Unbelievable Jeff

Do you think we would sign players the calibre of Wanyama if they were publicly saying the clubs aim is 17th, and anything above that is a bonus?

Yes they say top 4 etc, but I highly doubt that is what they actually expect this season.

To win big, you have to think big.

This is more than likely true !

"How do you see our prospects in the next couple of seasons"?

Having been asked the question by various media bods, they basically had 3 options for reply :

1) We'll be happy to stave off relegation !

2) We'd be happy with a mid table position !

3) We are aiming high and a European place is a possibility !

Clearly they answered no.3

Had they chosen nos.1 or 2 the fan reaction would have been savage, 'no ambition' etc, etc.. you can just imagine the usual suspects on here having a field day !

My opinion is that we are more likely to be mid-table rather than top 6 and I guess that most supporters would have a similar expectation level but the management team had little option to respond in the way that they did !

Quote Originally Posted by eurosaint View Post

Did you seriously think that a thread with the title "Who is to blame for the transfer inactivity" would not incite the sort of reaction it has ?

Many people do not buy into the 'blame culture' especially as in this case there is nothing to be blamed for !

I often wonder what the players, management and staff would think of all this tosh should they read it ? I imagine that they would consider whether all their efforts were in any way worthwhile !

If you really think that the backroom staff are sitting on their arses doing nothing (the inactivity of which you mention!) then you are sadly out of touch !

Why not take pride in the achievements of our team/club, get behind them and support the Saints as we move onwards and upwards ?

COYS

Here you go Baz, I heard you are getting on a bit, so i've highlighted just the important bits for you to focus on in Euros original quote and you can try again. No problems. Anytime.

I like your style Mallagroth. Not too many posts so far, but already you've sussed out who the WUMs are and how to deal with them.

Oh Wes, you found a soul buddy to sit on your rainbow?

If you mean somebody with similar views, then yes. But I'm afraid that without blowing my trumpet too much, I suspect you'll probably find that I share my views with the majority and it's you who should treasure the company of the few who find themselves agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by eurosaint View Post

Did you seriously think that a thread with the title "Who is to blame for the transfer inactivity" would not incite the sort of reaction it has ?

Many people do not buy into the 'blame culture' especially as in this case there is nothing to be blamed for !

I often wonder what the players, management and staff would think of all this tosh should they read it ? I imagine that they would consider whether all their efforts were in any way worthwhile !

If you really think that the backroom staff are sitting on their arses doing nothing (the inactivity of which you mention!) then you are sadly out of touch !

Why not take pride in the achievements of our team/club, get behind them and support the Saints as we move onwards and upwards ?

COYS

Here you go Baz, I heard you are getting on a bit, so i've highlighted just the important bits for you to focus on in Euros original quote and you can try again. No problems. Anytime.

Good attempt, sadly not even that will be simple enough for a skate with an agenda!

Ask yourselves....if you were sad enough to want to go on the skates forums - whose style would you consider most appropriate?

Cue a bit of name calling, denial...?

I don't comment on content generated by skate WUMs

COYS

Woah, I do take pride in my club. How can you judge how I support the club from one thread? Seriously mate, what gives you that right? You come on this thread being narky and insulting, then profile me based on one thread.

Nick made a series of points, each of which was entirely valid.

So what do you propose he does? Cut out half of the points and weaken his argument? Precis it to a one-liner hoping that posters with the attention span of a gnat can get the gist of what he is saying?

It's a shame that when people don't agree with something posted on here, they can't debate it like adults, but have to post niggly and childish little put-downs.

Fair point, that.

**** me that's nearly a bingo !

I reckon Turkish might deserve a spot, although strangely absent at the moment from this thread. I reckon some of the notorious trolls on here have two accounts anyway, so they have another 'person' to back up their tiresome and argumentative stances. And yes I 100% believe these posters are that sad. Bit harsh on Jeff mind, he must have proper ****ed you off recently.

Only by posting this one thread. Sigh.

Oh Wes, you found a soul buddy to sit on your rainbow?

Baz come join us up here, i'll even move seat.

Up here the season looks quite exciting;

we've signed two quality players,

our academy is flourishing,

the media are starting to soften up and give us more coverage,

we've got a chairman who knows what running a club is about and is starting to give us more insights,

best English striker across 92 teams,

one of the best goal scoring teams in the Prem now with a years defensive experience,

set of good results in pre season and promising hints of what's to come,

pompey on their arses dying an embarassing death.

Dunno what it looks like from down there with you, don't much care, company is **** too.

Good attempt, sadly not even that will be simple enough for a skate with an agenda!

Ask yourselves....if you were sad enough to want to go on the skates forums - whose style would you consider most appropriate?

Cue a bit of name calling, denial...?

I don't comment on content generated by skate WUMs

fair enough, i'm actually starting to find it quite amusing... admittedly it's in the same way i find people with rat tails and dodgy mullets amusing. There's an element of pity and incredulity that naturally gets in the way of the pointing and laughing.

No the9 I think I understand you quite plainly, a self righteous happy clapper who refuses to discuss/argue a point but blank and delete it, thats not the sign of an openminded person, carry on.

As you (and that Batman fella) have always so far managed to walk the tightrope on the right side of being a massive pointless WUM, tending more towards either simple contrary stupidity (him) or sanctimonious balloon-prodding (you) you've not yet made the list.

I am more than happy to discuss any valid opinions about football with anyone who goes to the trouble of actually debating the responses and doesn't appear solely interested in posting things for the maximum negative impact. However, this thread is teeming with absolute unjustifable nonsense from people purely interested in WUMming who never bother to attempt to debate their position, and thanks to the wonder of "ignore" I no longer have to waste my time and energy bothering to read their nonsense.

Any wonder alpine gets furious about it ? He knows that if everyone just ignores the trolls, they'll just go away, and then what would they do for attention? The irony of him accusing someone else of attention-seeking is the main reason he's on ignore in the first place.

I'm not even sure where you're getting the happy-clappy stuff from, we've made two signings which appear to be good on the face of it, and spent the 6th most in the division. I'll wait and see how the results go before I start judging us on success or failure, but it seems reasonable to think our young team will continue to improve.

I'm hugely bloody self-righteous though, you got that right. :)

Edited by The9

Positive/Happy Clappy = Delusional

Negative or perceived so Negative/Bedwetter = Realist

Didn't seem to be the case when we were getting promoted, or at the end of last season though. All those delusional people saying we were safe on 39 points who were completely right... all the realists who saw us going down after playing 9 of the top 10 in our first 12 matches...

we've got a chairman who knows what running a club is about and is starting to give us more insights,

one of the best goal scoring teams in the Prem now with a years defensive experience,

Dunno what it looks like from down there with you, don't much care, company is **** too.

We have signed two good players it would appear we have overpaid for them.

The academy is doing good yes but others around the Country are as well , United, Norwich, Chelsea and Liverpool's.

The media will always favour the usual suspects.

Well thats what we are discussing.

The Premiership is now made up of many more Nationalities and how many did Lampard score?

Sorry one of the best scoring teams in the Premiership? Did I miss something?

Good results pre season, go on?

Thats true.

Edited by Barry Sanchez

We have signed two good players it would appear we have overpaid for them.

The academy is doing good yes but others around the Country are as well , United, Norwich, Chelsea and Liverpool's.

I would love to see your defence of those clubs' academies doing well.

FWIW I agree with you about Lampard (and Bale for that matter). Top English scorer means NOTHING.

I would love to see your defence of those clubs' academies doing well.

FWIW I agree with you about Lampard (and Bale for that matter). Top English scorer means NOTHING.

What do you mean they are doing well, they have won things recently, where we want to be our academy could be the best in the World but if we sell too early its pointless and does not inspire others to come to the club, in that respect WE have done well so far this season.

We have signed two good players it would appear we have overpaid for them. If we have then isn't it great that we afford do this to ensure good quality.

The academy is doing good yes but others around the Country are as well , United, Norwich, Chelsea and Liverpool's. Cool glad we agree about how good this is.

The media will always favour the usual suspects. Yup, that's what makes beating them so much fun

Well thats what we are discussing. Cool I feel confident that if you have listened to the posts so far then you will come to your senses .

The Premiership is now made up of many more Nationalities and how many did Lampard score ? Yes i've noticed this trend, 'bloody foreigners taking our pitches... etc'. Lampard got 15 which is phenomenal for a midfielder, come on Baz tho it's not hard to look up for yourself

Sorry one of the best scoring teams in the Premiership? Did I miss something? Yup, get a few tickets to matches, or watch saints on internetz, I enjoyed watching all of our goals ;)

Good results pre season, go on? Yes, lots that i'm really happy with. The fact we didn't concede many and that Jay got off to a good start and has already shown fantastic movement like last season. Isgrove looks like a great pacy winger, Chambers kept a champions league attacker from scoring. Adam showed hints of past form, Gaston looks determined to prove his critics wrong, an even Guly seems to have a bit of excitement and touch about him.

Thats true.

No, that's brilliant.

No, that's brilliant.

Ha ha Stasi propaganda, how many goals have we scored pre season?

The Lampard bit was rhetorical Christ alive.

We were 9th I think in the scoring dept last season, that hardly one of the best, did I miss something?

Yes too many foreigners on the pitch stifles indigenous devlopment, well done thats obvious.

Carry on:D

Ha ha Stasi propaganda, how many goals have we scored pre season?

The Lampard bit was rhetorical Christ alive.

We were 9th I think in the scoring dept last season, that hardly one of the best, did I miss something?

Yes too many foreigners on the pitch stifles indigenous devlopment, well done thats obvious.

Carry on:D

Barry are you following me, this is starting to get a little bit awkward now. :blush:

more seriously, this thread needs to be left to die, was fun sparring Baz, till the next time you rascally old grouch.

Jeff, if you don't want people to label you as a troll don't post **** threads worded to purposefully cause maximum arguments and stiffen the other Wum's pants. You may have a point, you may not, it's the delivery that ****ed people off. Nuff said.

I don't know Barry, I already looked up one fact for you! Can't you look it up urself?

Baresy, I did mate it twas rhetorical, we scored 8 against a team in the 4th tier of Spanish football with 361 teams in it split into regional sections, in others words a local semi pro side.

Another team nearly as poor before that.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/10380794.Pochettino_targets_Champions_League_spot_next_season/

If he thinks thats happening he has been on the pipe with this current sqaud, even witht he new signings, who bid for Wanyama and Lovren? I rate them but no top top club cam in for them did they?

Quite, real question might be will HE be here after Jan 14th?

Barry are you following me, this is starting to get a little bit awkward now. :blush:

more seriously, this thread needs to be left to die, was fun sparring Baz, till the next time you rascally old grouch.

Jeff, if you don't want people to label you as a troll don't post **** threads worded to purposefully cause maximum arguments and stiffen the other Wum's pants. You may have a point, you may not, it's the delivery that ****ed people off. Nuff said.

So you would say the vitriol thrown is a reasonable response to what was written? The fact these people would never respond like this if discussing it in public to me shows they are trying to be internet warriors, trying to show off to other middle aged men and children on here.

Woah, I do take pride in my club. How can you judge how I support the club from one thread? Seriously mate, what gives you that right? You come on this thread being narky and insulting, then profile me based on one thread.

Ok, I'll take you seriously :

"Having considered this debate from both sides, do you still take the view that 'blame' needs to be apportioned for the lack of transfer activity in this close season so far" ?

Ok, I'll take you seriously :

"Having considered this debate from both sides, do you still take the view that 'blame' needs to be apportioned for the lack of transfer activity in this close season so far" ?

It's not about taking me seriously, it's about replying in a mature way, debating the points, rather than throwing out insults. But I suppose if you find that difficult then insults are the only retort the Jeremy Kyle generation can muster.

In reply to your question, not for the lack of activity, but for the lack of striker in time for pre-season, yes.

It's not about taking me seriously, it's about replying in a mature way, debating the points, rather than throwing out insults. But I suppose if you find that difficult then insults are the only retort the Jeremy Kyle generation can muster.

In reply to your question, not for the lack of activity, but for the lack of striker in time for pre-season, yes.

So really this whole thread is pointless?

A 'lack of activity' and 'lack of a striker' are two quite different things, surely?

So really this whole thread is pointless?

A 'lack of activity' and 'lack of a striker' are two quite different things, surely?

We'll if you read the thread I said 5 pages ago that inactivity was the incorrect word. Surely unless you've read the whole thread your responses are potentially incorrect.

So you feel that somebody should be blamed for the fact that we have not yet signed another striker with three and a half weeks of the transfer window left ??

Dare I ask how old you are ?

BTW, I am 64 and could not be remotely considered as part of the 'Jeremy Kyle generation', but I do get a bit grumpy and do not suffer fools gladly (you might be right on that score, I concede) !!

So you feel that somebody should be blamed for the fact that we have not yet signed another striker with three and a half weeks of the transfer window left ??

BTW, I am 64 and could not be remotely considered as part of the 'Jeremy Kyle generation', but I do get a bit grumpy and do not suffer fools gladly (you might be right on that score, I concede) !!

Dellsize mentality...... Time to move on mate, the club have!!!

If you're 64 you really should have a better handle on your emotions and learn how to speak to people politley and eruditely. Don't just throw out insults to those that have a different opinion to you. You're never too old to learn how to speak to people correctly.

I think someone should be blamed for not getting a striker in on time for pre-season. We need to hit the floor running and this was one of the pre-requisites needed for this season.

If you're 64 you really should have a better handle on your emotions and learn how to speak to people politley and eruditely. Don't just throw out insults to those that have a different opinion to you. You're never too old to learn how to speak to people correctly.

I think someone should be blamed for not getting a striker in on time for pre-season. We need to hit the floor running and this was one of the pre-requisites needed for this season.

You haven't made a very positive "first" impression have you?

For what it's worth Eurosaint talks sense, you don't!

Deal with it...

Interesting......

reluctantnicko: @tom7lawrence There will be a storm if it stays this quiet. Coach wanted players. The Don demanded the cheque book ... Who to blame now?

reluctantnicko: @tom7lawrence No. The Don wanted control. He got control. If he can't sign players it is on him. No-one else

Interesting......

reluctantnicko: @tom7lawrence There will be a storm if it stays this quiet. Coach wanted players. The Don demanded the cheque book ... Who to blame now?

reluctantnicko: @tom7lawrence No. The Don wanted control. He got control. If he can't sign players it is on him. No-one else

Who is the Don ?