Who is to blame for the Summer of inactivity?

Unbelievable Jeff

Hard to say how many were on wind up, as being wrong once happens - but every year?

early business, players fans wanted, not sort comings overlooked - and MP's attraction as a manager the clincher.

It´s "strange" that noone except Glasgow shows their face yesterday or today but I can bet that next time we lose a game they´re on the forum within an hour...

I think you have all misunderstood. I believe the poster was saying that "Don't you look like a complete cock now? " was the right question.

I'm not so sure. I think an incomplete cock is a better analogy. A complete cock is a fine thing to behold.

Hard to say how many were on wind up, as being wrong once happens - but every year?

early business, players fans wanted, not sort comings overlooked - and MP's attraction as a manager the clincher.

A joyous collection of quotes - thanks for sharing. Brightened up my morning no end! ;-)

I am glad the thread pushed Cortese to pull his finger out on this one.

I know the Summer isn't over, but with no new winger and no second striker, and further to that no credible rumours at the moment, but I am worried that our business will be too little, too late.

I thought that you would be saying that the job is only half done, as we still have not signed the new winger. Furthermore there are still no credible rumours at the moment about a winger.

Mind you, in the light of the rumours about Osvaldo being dismissed as a fantasy signing, how ordinary would a winger have to be to be accepted as only credible?

I thought that you would be saying that the job is only half done, as we still have not signed the new winger. Furthermore there are still no credible rumours at the moment about a winger.

Mind you, in the light of the rumours about Osvaldo being dismissed as a fantasy signing, how ordinary would a winger have to be to be accepted as only credible?

Wes, read the rest of the thread.

Yep, good work Jeff, you hurried this transfer through. All credit to you.

Thanks Kraken, but it's not about credit. I am happy to take one for the good of the team. We needed a striker, I am aware that Cortese is a regular on the site, so I tried to do the best I could. He's a proud man, so it was pretty predictable that he would not take kindly to the thread and want to prove me wrong.

Wes, read the rest of the thread.

Jeff, I have read the entire thread. I was responding in the vein of your comments that your thread had pushed Cortese into action and thought that therefore there was mileage in keeping the pressure on in order to facilitate the signing of a winger.

Thanks Kraken, but it's not about credit. I am happy to take one for the good of the team. We needed a striker, I am aware that Cortese is a regular on the site, so I tried to do the best I could. He's a proud man, so it was pretty predictable that he would not take kindly to the thread and want to prove me wrong.

Sterling work Jeff. And pay no attention to all the naysayers; they're just jealous that, unlike you, they didn't get off their lazy backsides to give the CEO a reminder he clearly needed (and heeded) to buck up our transfer ideas. This football club needs more people like you, Jeff. People who are willing to put their hands up and ask the difficult questions rather than just accept the status quo. All power to you, this team is a better one today than it was when you started this thread, and I think you can take a good share of the spoils from that.

Don't you look like a complete cock now?

I find it very disappointing that there are always people out there who want to use what should be a really happy time for all Saints fans as an opportunity to become abusive towards one another.

It's that sort of behaviour that has turned this place into a no go zone for many people except the most sick and depraved.

Rightly or wrongly, the OP was entitled to express his concerns when he did. As somebody has already said, there is a fine line between a good window and a bad window. Many of the regular posters on here would have been contemplating suicide if we had only signed two players in the window; the OP just voiced concern earlier than most.

BIG WOW.

I find it very disappointing that there are always people out there who want to use what should be a really happy time for all Saints fans as an opportunity to become abusive towards one another.

It's that sort of behaviour that has turned this place into a no go zone for many people except the most sick and depraved.

Rightly or wrongly, the OP was entitled to express his concerns when he did. As somebody has already said, there is a fine line between a good window and a bad window. Many of the regular posters on here would have been contemplating suicide if we had only signed two players in the window; the OP just voiced concern earlier than most.

BIG WOW.

That isn't really true.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45266-SFC-still-run-like-a-crappy-seaside-B-amp-B&highlight=crappy#.UhI2UpK1H-s

If the op is entitled to his opinion, why are others not entitled to the opinion that despite two very good signings, and the promotion of 2 academy players to the first team squad (didn't work too badly with Shaw last season, and Chambers had a pretty decent start) that such impatience is equal to petulance?

I really do think some people would rather we went down the Sunderland/QPR route of just signings loads of players, regardless of quality.

BIG WOW.

Would suggest you start sorting out in your mind...the idiots from Saints supporters.....:)

It might help you decide if th OP is genuine or not.;)

Bearing in mind there are a few idiots on here... who are also Pompey supporters playing silly buggggers.

To give you a starter for ten.......I am an idiot and a Saints supporter:rolleyes:...So the missus lets everyone know:p

I cannot for the life of me understand why " who is to blame for our summer of inactivity " is the correct question ??

The question was raised in good faith. The question was and is valid. Cortese/Poch gets the credit for having signed our new chap Daniel. Had there been no summer signings for whatever reason ultimately Cortese is responsible.

The question was raised in good faith. The question was and is valid. Cortese/Poch gets the credit for having signed our new chap Daniel. Had there been no summer signings for whatever reason ultimately Cortese is responsible.

The reason I don't agree is that, as there was no 'inactivity', why ask who is to blame for it ?

Opinions and all that, but I still found it a strange thread !!

Lots have praised saints signings for quality over quantity. Some will see it as bias but I like what we've done, and would praise the same for any club. I don't see overhaul and loads of signings ever works, it's a mess, hugely unlikely to succeed and hugely expensive. Yet some clubs do it every year. It's often squad players too, players who may do a job, fill the bench etc. 3 players to come straight into an already good first 11? That's true improvement. The squad players, subs and back-up should be partly made up of youth players really.

Nail. Head.

I am cautiously optimistic about Osvaldo. He's clearly going to give us something we are missing at the moment but I digress. I think the Cortese and Poch have got their strategy spot on and if they have deliberately left a few weeks between signings on these 3 guys then I bow down to their genius. I'm very impressed with what I hear and see from Lovren but Wanyama.......I have a feeling that in 3 years time he'll be in everybody's top 5 central midfield players in the world. I think he just might be that good.

I may do...

"A club of greed: Why should patrons pay for parking?"

"How **** are the bogs?"

"Should we move the stadium to attract better players?"

I've not been to many stadiums but if the St. Mary's bogs are **** I'd love to see some good ones. The last away ground i went to was Selhurst Park, now those are really bad.