Emergency loan?

once_bitterne

We also have Cropper. We will not be allowed to loan a keeper.

we were in 04/05 when we still had Blayney and Poke. But we won't get anyone in. Gazzaniga is better than people give him credit for. He was trying to play it out from the back when the rest of the team weren't, now the defence are on the same wave length we won't see any mistakes like Swansea at home.

My understanding is that we would have to apply to the Premier League for approval on the basis that we have 2 keepers out injured. They may approve it if they are feeling charitable. It would be down the the club to convince them on an individual basis.

I'm sure MLG will be along to clarify shortly

My understanding is that we would have to apply to the Premier League for approval on the basis that we have 2 keepers out injured. They may approve it if they are feeling charitable. It would be down the the club to convince them on an individual basis.

I'm sure MLG will be along to clarify shortly

Yep, its at the Premier League board's discretion if they let us bring in another keeper or not.

Which teams 3rd/4th choice keeper should we go for then?

Shay Giv....Oh. 2 days too late there.

I do not rate Gazzaniga very highly, now granted I'm saying that based on what I saw of him last season, and the coaches have had time to work with him since then, but I would rather see another keeper brought in, IF possible and IF they're better than Gazzaniga. Otherwise there's no point.

Shay Giv....Oh. 2 days too late there.

I do not rate Gazzaniga very highly, now granted I'm saying that based on what I saw of him last season, and the coaches have had time to work with him since then, but I would rather see another keeper brought in, IF possible and IF they're better than Gazzaniga. Otherwise there's no point.

If we did it in time, he still couldn't have played against Villa.

Anyone else notice yesterday Gazzaniga's heavy strapping on his left hand/fingers? Noticed for the second goal when diving he put out his right hand with the ball going to his left and when he cut out a cross from Ramirez he used his his 'wrong' hand, seems to suggest he's carrying an injury too.

Anyone else notice yesterday Gazzaniga's heavy strapping on his left hand/fingers? Noticed for the second goal when diving he put out his right hand with the ball going to his left and when he cut out a cross from Ramirez he used his his 'wrong' hand, seems to suggest he's carrying an injury too.

Well spotted Sherlock.

Haha. Ironically my choice of emergency keeper would be that American fella at Spurs! Hmm, just like Keller all those years ago!

Brad Friedel - that's the name! Couldn't recall it until I saw these posts above.

Well as he's their second keeper and Lloris is making his fair share of fecks up right now I can't see them loaning him out and certainly not to a rival. I mean I'd ask Lille to loan us Eneayama but I don't think they'd be all that keen either. We'd probably get someone who's no better than Cropper anyway.