Form guide

Glasgow_Saint

Didnt catch all of it, but they were talking about our poor form / lack of recent points / drop from 3rd to 9th on talksport last night.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm sure they will have it as a download on their website, so you can wallow it its full glory. You can probably knock one off while you listen.

That's irrelevant, form means nothing. I mean, it meant something when we were top of the pops after the first few games, but now? Nah, it means nothing. Numbers look bad. It's all a conspiracy. Lawro did it, probably.

How do you think we're doing at the moment? The Villa result was bad but other than that I thought we had two good draws with City and Newcastle.

There's no shame in losing away to Chelsea and Arsenal.

How do you think we're doing at the moment? The Villa result was bad but other than that I thought we had two good draws with City and Newcastle.

There's no shame in losing away to Chelsea and Arsenal.

I think how we're doing at the moment is summed up by the form table. I think how we're doing over the course of the season is summed up by the league table. In total, we're doing better than I thought we would at the start of the season. I hope that answers the question :toppa:

Thread title is "form guide" not league form?

1 win in 9 includes our cup exit...... Why wouldnt it?

So why does the table you used as "proof" not include a loss for Spurs and a win for West Ham from the games this week....or a win for Sunderland and loss for Chelsea???

So why does the table you used as "proof" not include a loss for Spurs and a win for West Ham from the games this week....or a win for Sunderland and loss for Chelsea???

Just relax mate. The form table shows us bottom of the league over the last 6 games

The 1 win in 9 highlights poor form beyond the league

Relegation form at the moment, we need to watch our backs.

This will be dismissed as laughable - however look at Hull and Blackpool in recent years.

Both had easy fixtures to start the season and started very well - both then sunk like a stone and were relegated.

Im hoping we do a WBA (last season) start well, have a bad run and then recover to finish around mid-table.

Not quite the exciting season mopo promised but hey ho

This will be dismissed as laughable - however look at Hull and Blackpool in recent years.

Both had easy fixtures to start the season and started very well - both then sunk like a stone and were relegated.

Im hoping we do a WBA (last season) start well, have a bad run and then recover to finish around mid-table.

Not quite the exciting season mopo promised but hey ho

Yeah completely agree, hopefully we push on again in mid-January after the tough fixtures have been and gone (for the most part). We only need 16 points to secure our position in the league for another season which is do-able, just hope the players' confidence doesn't take too much of a hit if we keep this bad-form going is all.

So is it a form guide or a result guide....?

Seems like it changes whatever suits your needs the best.....and first using 5 games guide cause it suited you the best and now all the sudden the 6 games guide is chosen....

You still wonder why people think you´re on an agenda??

• 3 weeks later...
Looking a bit better now

Just hope we dont get anymore injuries as team & mopo seem to struggle when team isnt full strengh

surprised at Swansea - guess thats the price of Europe?

the team struggles when we have to play one of our two crap reserve goalkeepers, the rest is irrelevant.

As for Swansea did I not tip them for relegation ? They really aren't that good because they just cannot defend correctly. Without the goals that their Jamboree Bag surprise Michu got them last season they'd have been in trouble as well.

Edited by Window Cleaner

the team struggles when we have to play one of our two crap reserve goalkeepers, the rest is irrelevant.

As for Swansea did I not tip them for relegation ? They really aren't that good because they just cannot defend correctly. Without the goals that their Jamboree Bag surprise Michu got them last season they'd have been in trouble as well.

You did tip them - but they wont get relegated

They have a horrible injury list at the moment + europe

Injured

J Cañas

D Tiendalli

J De Guzman

R Lamah

P Hernandez

M Michu

M Vorm

N Dyer

G Monk

Would´ve been interesting to see other teams forced to play their 3rd choice keeper in 5 straight games..

Man C = Richard Wright

Chelsea = Hilario

Arsenal = Viviano

Liverpool = Ward (20yrs old)

Everton = Springthorpe (20yrs old)

Tottenham = Gomes/Archer

Safe to say that no teams can really afford to have the first two choices out for too many games...

Would´ve been interesting to see other teams forced to play their 3rd choice keeper in 5 straight games..

Man C = Richard Wright

Chelsea = Hilario

Arsenal = Viviano

Liverpool = Ward (20yrs old)

Everton = Springthorpe (20yrs old)

Tottenham = Gomes/Archer

Safe to say that no teams can really afford to have the first two choices out for too many games...

We'd still be top 6 but for the horrendous contribution of Gazzaniga.