Form guide

Glasgow_Saint

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

The form guide that has us as the 9th best team in the country after 16 games is the most encouraging one

Agreed. Anyway, this not really a 'form' guide anyway, more a 'last 6 results table' - we should got a point against the gooners, arguably deserved better against city, and spanked villa in terms of chances,.... Our form despite injuries is actually v good, just been up against better sides and had a couple of games where we did not get the rub of the green..... That is football.

I'm going to put £250 on a Spurs win. That way I'll be happy if Saints win and get 3 points, or I'll be compensated financially for a Spurs win.

There's no way I can lose...... :-D

I do this as well and get a combination of funny looks and bemused reactions, but if you've ever bought insurance on anything, ever, then the principle is precisely the same thing!

I've been looking for Glasgow's thread of the form guide where we were top.or near as dann it but can't find it! How strange, not like Glasgow to be negative or focus on the bad saints stuff surely?

All very positive.....

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?46737-High-IQ

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47712-As-it-stands-do-we-have-a-better-team-than-ENGLAND#.UrSqtn8gGK0

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47528-Hope-we-finish-top-4!#.UrSq5H8gGK0

1 poor result from 5. 2 draws, could have sneaked either or maybe lost either, so hard to complain about that. 2 top sides didn't exactly find it easy to beat us and again, these sides will turn you over at their place quite often. Performance is a better indicator of where you're going long term, and even in the poor results saints have shown some ability, dominated against villa and 9 times out of 10 would win that game. Always tough when any team loses their key players with injury but we've coped better than I thought we would.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 poor result from 5. 2 draws, could have sneaked either or maybe lost either, so hard to complain about that. 2 top sides didn't exactly find it easy to beat us and again, these sides will turn you over at their place quite often. Performance is a better indicator of where you're going long term, and even in the poor results saints have shown some ability, dominated against villa and 9 times out of 10 would win that game. Always tough when any team loses their key players with injury but we've coped better than I thought we would.

Agree, think we have coped a lot better than I thought we would. Depth looks a little better than I thought a few weeks ago, that's for sure.

And a really good addition to the debate by The Kraken, zzzz indeed.

2 points from 15! How bad did you suspect?

But you also need to look at who we've played, and how we've performed in those games. The injuries hit us at a time whereby we played Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle all in quick succession - but performance levels have stayed pretty consistent. Sunday's game will be a good indicator, but in terms of coping - the performances have maintained a decent level, which in the long-term is a good sign that we'll be on track again shortly.

Agree, think we have coped a lot better than I thought we would. Depth looks a little better than I thought a few weeks ago, that's for sure.

Yep. 2 points from 5 is definitely better than I thought we could have.

Hang on. No. It isn't.

Edited by The Kraken

I see no one has mentioned how we are doing compared to the corresponding fixtures last season for a while. A few weeks back this was hailed as being an excellent benchmark for our progress, why has no one mentioned in the last 5 fixtures we are 5 points worse off?

I see no one has mentioned how we are doing compared to the corresponding fixtures last season for a while. A few weeks back this was hailed as being an excellent benchmark for our progress, why has no one mentioned in the last 5 fixtures we are 5 points worse off?

That's irrelevant, form means nothing. I mean, it meant something when we were top of the pops after the first few games, but now? Nah, it means nothing. Numbers look bad. It's all a conspiracy. Lawro did it, probably.

How about the cherrypick to put us in the worst possible light one. Another mongboard house fav.

Oh right that's been done.

Did you point this out when we were doing really well? Just asking. When we had 6 great results in a row, were you as outspoken in tempering expectations?

:lol:

Did you point this out when we were doing really well? Just asking. When we had 6 great results in a row, were you as outspoken in tempering expectations?

More or less - concerned our gameplan doesn't translate as well away from home and we still lack pace which is a mongboard faux pas :smug: