St Mary's due to be flooded....

petermcpete

Unless I am mistaken, doesn't the map in the OP merely show the areas that receive flood warnings when a flood is imminent? It's in a flood risk zone as you might expect for the area but the EA isn't necessarily expecting a flood there

According to the link below (via clicking on the purple sections) it only suggests that Bursledon Boat Yards will be at risk.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/34681.aspx?area=065WAC151&page=1&type=Fwacode

There is no warning. That map shows areas where there could be a problem. My business is close to the ground. I can't get cover for flood damage. The environment agency ring me if there is a potential problem. They haven't so put your canoes and life jackets away.....

I'll take this opportunity to pass on my congratulations - for what its worth - to the groundstaff at St Marys.

Our field of play there has always been in exceptionally good condition, but I can't remember it being quite as 'near perfect' as it is now, at this time of the year before. On Wednesday, despite more or less constant heavy rain, it didn't even 'cut up' at all as far as I could see. How they manage that in those conditions god alone knows.

What a pity Chelsea made better use of it than we did.