Kelvin

Saint Charlie

Thoughts since he has been back in the side?

Did ok at Everton but IMO could have done more for the first Chelsea goal and perhaps could have done better for the third.

Versus Burnley was poor for 2 of the 3 goals for me.

Has made a few decent saves but any keeper who is poor on nearly half of goals conceded has to be a bit of a worry.

We already knew about Gazza, but I think in his absence KD was built up again. Reality is that he also isnt up to PL level and we massively need more competition at this level. Giving KD a new playing contract was, IMO an error when he had a year to run anyway.

He would be ok as a clear third choice keeper but not as second at this level which, with respect, he has never looked comfortable at.

Note: This in no way suggests I hate Kelvin or think any less of the marvellous service and performances he has given us. He was fantastic for us in L1 and the Championship and seems a top guy too who loves the club.

Championship standard at best and at 37, isn't going to get any better. Gazza is currently League 1 standard at best. I agree that it was an error to give KD a contract last time around as money woudl have been better spent on a keeper who is capable of playing in the Premier League.

2nd and 3rd Burnley goals sum up why he isn't up to it.

Near post again, and AB would of rushed out and smothered the strikers shot.

Last goal, it bounced on the edge of the 6 yard box from a corner, again AB would of claimed it as he generally does in those areas, and he somehow got lobbed as well. Special goal that one.

Really?! He's been poor there for as long as I can remember.

woosh

8)

Just yet another thread stating the bleeding obvious, no decent keeper will come to us while we have Boruc unless we can find better. If we find better Boruc will leave. Only other option is a loan, but as we are already a week into the window and week nearer Boruc coming back that looks incredibly unlikely

Once Boruc is back and fit we can pick up a Cudicini or this season's version of him in the Summer.

It's the same thread that has been running since November in a different guise. The Sky is falling something must be done, and this one is that KD is not up to the PL.

No sh1t, we knew that LAST season. Let's all burn our ST's as the club have clearly failed and are incapable of seeing the bleeding obvious

We have needed to replace him for ages - he's almost invisible sometimes and seems rooted to his goal line, with a weak spot on his near post. Not great attributes for a keeper at any level. Boruc is good, and we have shipped goals since losing him (and Wanyama protecting the back four) to injury. If I was Pochettino I'd make signing a new keeper to challenge Boruc a top priority, with Ings a replacement for Rickie, who looks off to me. Worried about silence on Wanyama - anyone know when he's back or is he off to Man U?

We have needed to replace him for ages - he's almost invisible sometimes and seems rooted to his goal line, with a weak spot on his near post. Not great attributes for a keeper at any level. Boruc is good, and we have shipped goals since losing him (and Wanyama protecting the back four) to injury. If I was Pochettino I'd make signing a new keeper to challenge Boruc a top priority, with Ings a replacement for Rickie, who looks off to me. Worried about silence on Wanyama - anyone know when he's back or is he off to Man U?

How many times in prem history has a player been sold in january after signing in the summer? Dont be so hysterical.

not good enough for me and hasn't been for a while.

Can anyone explain why he was given a 3 year deal while Boruc only got a 2 year deal??

Personally i think we keep Boruc for next 3/4 years and look to bring in a younger higher quality keeper to challenge asap. Begovic would be perfect really.

Davis/ Gazza will never be up to standard...too many mistakes

Hmm.. I hope it's not how to come for crosses or how to stop goals at your near post :rolleyes:

Yeah exactly, you would be able to spot a Kelvin coached keeper a mile away.

I cannot understand after all these years of being so poor at his near post how coaches have not worked on it with him or why with all his experience he hasnt improved that aspect of his game. You couldn't seriously have him coach keepers on position when week in and week out he makes the same basic goalkeeping error.

Having said that he is currently better than Gazza. It is what it is, we are stuck with it.