New CEO Thread

TopGun

MP won't resign and he will say that players are going nowhere. In a week a new CEO will be announced and this supposed `meltdown' will be put to bed. In the summer Shaw will leave for a world record fee, but it won't have anything to do with Cortese leaving. He was just tapped up, offered a once in a lifetime contract and there won't be a thing anyone could have done. We'll draw on Saturday, it will rain tonight and the lottery numbers are...

...it did rain and thank god I bought that lottery ticket. If you need any further advice I'll be in my new box at SMS on Saturday.

image_normal.jpgAlex Goring Crook@alex_crook

The meeting between K Liebherr and #saintsfc staff lasted around half an hour and she told them she wants to continue to grow the club

Grow means to me, by using youth and not putting money in, organic growth and from within.

She's owned the club since 2010 and we've seen over £70m spent on players and £30m on infrastructure since then and also used youth players. What kind of growth is that?

Grow means to me, by using youth and not putting money in, organic growth and from within.

But ACTUALLY means nothing of the sort, grow could be organically from within could be by massive investment could be somewhere in bettween (much more likely) stop reading things and twisting them to fit an agenda and just accept it for waht it is a statement of intent. She clearly doesn't plan an asset srtipping fire sale and run and is trying to stabalise the ship and dispel the rummours of impending doom what more do you want?

image_normal.jpgAlex Goring Crook@alex_crook

The meeting between K Liebherr and #saintsfc staff lasted around half an hour and she told them she wants to continue to grow the club

She's owned the club since 2010 and we've seen over £70m spent on players and £30m on infrastructure since then and also used youth players. What kind of growth is that?

We have reached as far as we can go, the glass ceiling has appeared in front of us, so with out investment thats it.

You didn't answer my question.

You've also bizarrely added a word "organic" to the Tweet trousers posted. Why?

Not sure where the idea we've hit a glass ceiling already has come from?

We're on the back of five years of continuous improvement in league position.

Our first team is currently capable of getting results against the best teams in the league.

That same squad is among the youngest in the league and likely to improve, and also likely to stick around for a while as they're on long contracts.

What seems to have held us back most recently is the lack of depth in squad, rather than the quality of first choice players.

Similar investment to what we've already seen could certainly help with the depth problem, and would likely see us carry on improving for a while yet.

As far as I can see, until we see otherwise, there's a lot to be optimistic about.

Our first team is currently capable of getting results against the best teams in the league.

That same squad is among the youngest in the league and likely to improve, and also likely to stick around for a while as they're on long contracts.

What seems to have held us back most recently is the lack of depth in squad, rather than the quality of first choice players.

Similar investment to what we've already seen could certainly help with the depth problem, and would likely see us carry on improving for a while yet.

As far as I can see, until we see otherwise, there's a lot to be optimistic about.

Our young stars won't stick around unless we are progressing and that means European Football, they need it to obtain international recognition. As long as it's an objective and they can see it approaching they may stay but personally I think many of them will be gone this summer. It's too late this window but the summer is only 20 games or so away. Anyway anyone who's not on shortlists for the WC won't get onto them now, it's too late this time so they might as well stay until summer and get better clubs and deals.

Why have we not heard this from the board then? Just the usual rhetoric from which we have come to expect. I have never heard a board member say they expect the club to regress, its hardly groundbreaking.

The proof will be in the pudding and until then then there will be questions.

I just hope that MP can get over his loyalty to NC and find a good relationship with the new CEO. He should realise that, not only is KL owner of the club and paying his wages, but that even if NC was still here, a bad start to next season and NC would have no doubts about replacing him!

Jimmy d I think with KL she has broken through the glass ceiling and for the good of the club

it was mistake to install glass ceiling in the first place. A titanium ceiling would be much more difficult to break through. Also KL don't want google satellites + pigeons monitoring the stuff she gets upto in bedroom.

it was mistake to install glass ceiling in the first place. A titanium ceiling would be much more difficult to break through. Also KL don't want google satellites + pigeons monitoring the stuff she gets upto in bedroom.

don't need a glass ceiling for that, technology has long sinced depassed the needs for visibility. Jesus we can see what looks like may be dark matter 2 billion light years away.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Jesus we can see what looks like may be dark matter 2 billion light years away.

can we fuck! The astronauts completely make all that shit up! Like when they're omg we've found this planet + it could be good one to go live on and then they show you the evidence and it's the smallest little smudge imaginable, and they only say there's anything there at all cos the star does a twinkle once a year. They're all v.definite about it now but if you was to say to them ok then you spend the next million years driving there & then live it on for the rest of ur life it they would soon change their tune! They would be all shuffling feet, and saying well actually we can't be 100% that is planet + not just thumb print on telescope lense.

They make me so mad, astronauts.

can we fuck! The astronauts completely make all that shit up! Like when they're omg we've found this planet + it could be good one to go live on and then they show you the evidence and it's the smallest little smudge imaginable, and they only say there's anything there at all cos the star does a twinkle once a year. They're all v.definite about it now but if you was to say to them ok then you spend the next million years driving there & then live it on for the rest of ur life it they would soon change their tune! They would be all shuffling feet, and saying well actually we can't be 100% that is planet + not just thumb print on telescope lense.

They make me so mad, astronauts.

No Bearsy, we've seen light from a quasar doing strange things in a far corner of space and comparing it to various theories

tells us that we may be seeing a sort of dark matter web . I expect you could find the article somewhere, think it was published in Nature a short while ago.

No Bearsy, we've seen light from a quasar doing strange things in a far corner of space and comparing it to various theories

tells us that we may be seeing a sort of dark matter web . I expect you could find the article somewhere, think it was published in Nature a short while ago.

wouldn't surprise me if we drove all the way out there just to find giant mirror, and what we thought was alien quasars turns out just to be me playing laser tag at Mark Bracewell's b.day party, 1998

• 5 weeks later...

Now then, maybe it is the menace in me but this has all gone quiet in a big way. Cortese hands in his notice back in October and over 4 months later still no new Board? It is of course entirely plausible that we are waiting to announce it at a time when all new members are available but until that time comes I can't shake the thought that our owner is open to the sale of the club and our owner has created this 'window of opportunity' for interested parties to step forward before she puts something in place in the meantime. To be honest, it would be a sensible strategy as well.

Now then' date=' maybe it is the menace in me but this has all gone quiet in a big way. Cortese hands in his notice back in October and over 4 months later still no new Board? It is of course entirely plausible that we are waiting to announce it at a time when all new members are available but until that time comes I can't shake the thought that our owner is open to the sale of the club and our owner has created this 'window of opportunity' for interested parties to step forward before she puts something in place in the meantime. To be honest, it would be a sensible strategy as well.[/quote'] Are you 100% sure Cortese handed in his formal notice back in October?

Now then' date=' maybe it is the menace in me but this has all gone quiet in a big way. Cortese hands in his notice back in October and over 4 months later still no new Board? It is of course entirely plausible that we are waiting to announce it at a time when all new members are available but until that time comes I can't shake the thought that our owner is open to the sale of the club and our owner has created this 'window of opportunity' for interested parties to step forward before she puts something in place in the meantime. To be honest, it would be a sensible strategy as well.[/quote']

Nah. We won't hear much till the summer IMO.

There are further interviews ongoing. I am 100% ITK on this. Gives me confidence that they are taking their time to appoint the right person.

Any idea, or clue, as to how far they are spreading the net on this ? UK , all of Europe ? Previous football experience ?