New CEO Thread

TopGun

The most experienced person to run Saints has to be Rupert Lowe. Would access to big money transform him from his misunderstood leadership without investment? Has he learned from his time away from the club and where he went wrong? I believe yes and would not be bothered if he returned as the new CEO. Karma deems he will return.

Art you hates Lowe you're winding everyone up!

Looks an impressive cv and very poluar at Blackburn but makes it absolutely essential to hang on to Pochettinho because his best friend is none other than.... .....Sam allardyce!

well it's something that needs to be got right because Mauricio won't be inclined to accept any bullsh!t. He's already at relatively short odds to be then next PL manager to leave, only difference is he won't be sacked, he'll quit.

Stealing pap's Lounge log in for a moment, IF Adam is correct, then that is mighty fast to locate, ask for resume's, conduct interviews and come to a deal all since Wednesday.

Possible of course as Windows says, but opens another door for discussion. Maybe she has been looking for longer?

Probably told her solicitors to draw up a list of options after NC handed in his notice.

Ths names mentioned are competent successful individuals which is great.

However, the key piece is the remit which these people have.

What are the ambitions of the club? What are the goals?

Cortese set these and his replacement most likely won't have the same drive he had, but will be a "competent" CEO.

The club won't have the same forward thinking approach IMO which is a shame.

Of the names mentioned on here, Purslow, Llambias, and Williams, then John Williams seems by far to be the 'safest pair of hands' with less controversy in his background.

Doubt the being local will count too much for the KL or the panel interviewing though, and unfortunately at 62 they might not consider this a 'dynamic' enough appointment. Much depends on the short or long term intentions of KL.

John Williams set to take Southampton chief executive role...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25804054

He left Manchester City 12 months ago but has remained in football as chairman of the referees body, the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL).

Is it all an elaborate plan to get referees on our side after the Lallana/Clattenburg fiasco?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Would be very happy with Williams. CEO roles tend to be demanding though - most people aged 65 would head more towards non exec chairman.

It depends on what structure he implements below him. He may not be as involved as Cortese was and may delegate responsibility as appropriate. Given the level of control we hear Cortese had over many departments, that may not be a bad thing.

Would be very happy with Williams. CEO roles tend to be demanding though - most people aged 65 would head more towards non exec chairman.

That's why I'd see him as a head of operations perhaps rather than a CEO who would be dealing with the corporate side, which might still involve more of an 'international' aspect.

It depends on what structure he implements below him. He may not be as involved as Cortese was and may delegate responsibility as appropriate. Given the level of control we hear Cortese had over many departments' date=' that may not be a bad thing[/b'].

yes, I can see them dividing some of the responsibility rather than leaving one person dictating every direction.

Not worried about his age if the all the good reports about him are true.

I would be interested to know on how he as come to be the front runner though - purely how he came to Katherina's attention and the advisors who recommended him. I don't mean this from a critical stance, I'd just like to know more about the process as I think it would answer many questions.

(And as I occasionally like to do, here is a link to F1. Ron Dennis has just become McLaren CEO again at the age of 66 - again age shouldn't be a problem here either)

Coming down the tunnel to The Imperial March would be good.

A long standing relationship with Spielberg is key - we could bring him in and use his dramatic nous to spice up the highlight reels on the big screens before kick off!

Looks good news this.

What with the club 'welcoming back' Le Tiss & Franny and this perhaps Katharina wasn't happy with Cortese's ruthlessness when it came to the clubs image.

That's what I reckon it was, combined with the taking people to court before bailing thing and losing us sponsors.

Don't claim to know too much about him, but he seems to have a very good reputation in English football and he's a Saints fan so clearly has impeccable taste!

All I want is for the club to be run well, don't care about some big moneybags coming in to spend billions like at City or Chelski. I just want us to be Southampton. If Mr Williams has those interests at heart, with his reputation in football I don't see how we can go wrong.

That is a very impressive write up.

Cannot argue with that, however, it will of course depend on the agenda set by KL as to what direction the club takes; he looks good but the jury is out, first major hurdle will be MP, if he stays then all should be well.