Wednesday night games

Batman

Villa game is extraordinary. WBA 2-0 up and looking confident and comfortable then just lost their way, Villa grew and 3 quick goals put them in front - brilliant goal from Delph for their 3rd by the way.. Benteke had superb chance to make 4-2 but WBA went up other end few mins later and made it 3-3. Great game. 2 poor defences though.

I want West Brom to beat Villa. Keeps the gap below us at 8 points. 5 points behind will give Villa the incentive to push on and try to topple us. 9th is OURS! (or possible Newcastle's...)

If West Brom beat Villa they will have 25 points and will be 7 points below us. I think a draw is the best result to keep a gap between us and 10th.

If West Brom beat Villa they will have 25 points and will be 7 points below us. I think a draw is the best result to keep a gap between us and 10th.

True. Stoke turning it around against Sunderland would see them on 25 points too.

We really do have a little cracking team - man city have been absolutely imperious over the past few months and we made them look pretty ordinary.

Apart from the Chelsea game at home, can't think of many games where the gulf in quality looked that big.

Owen is so bad on BT sport

"Man city are the best team and could win the league, but Chelsea have the advantage that they know how to win the league"

Ffs

5-1 now

He speaks so much ****. You'd hope for a former player he'd have a bit of insight, tactically...and speak about stuff from his point of view that we'd find interesting.

But no, he states the constant obvious in a monotone style. Horrendous co-commentator.

He should stick to his horses.

one of those games at the bridge

70 mins gone, chelsea have had 25 shots to the hammers 1. still 0-0

FT stats: 37 shots at goal to 1, 8 on target to 1 on target. Chelsea had 72% of the possession according to the BBC. Amazing.

Great result for Villa, what a ding-dong of a game! They were 2-0 down at one point!

Looks like Mel is trying to do what MP did....coming in and implementing this brand new style. The thing is, you need the players to do it...we were fortunate that we had the likes of Morgan, Davis, Lallana, Jay etc who were absolute perfection for the style. Not quite sure the same can be said of WBA, they don't look that good - especially now that they got rid of long as well.

Chelsea result did me out of £40 from my acca.

West Ham fans celebrating at the end like they'd won the FA Cup.

Paul Lambert fancying his chances of catching us. Frustrating that we're so far off Spurs in terms of points, despite them being so average at times and having crap like Villa getting closer to us.

I know big sam is a bit of a lege in these parts with the divs.

Mourinho's claim that they play "19th century football" is almost a complement by their agricultural standards.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2548381/West-Ham-play-19th-century-football-wed-need-drill-wall--Chelsea-boss-Mourinho-fumes-Big-Sams-negative-tactics.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

And its not just Chelsea - they do it every week.

Edited by shurlock

We're not the only ones to dominate and not win then. That's ridiculous though, 37 attempts. Shows they're lacking cutting edge, it's not the first time. Eto'o and Ba aren't good enough for them.

I'm all for supporting the underdog but Allardyce is such anti-football I just can't stand him.

The reason I like having someone like MP instead of Allardyce was evident last night.

They've been without strikers through injury this season, but he goes to effectively playing 4-6-0.

Last night Saints play the league leaders, 2 strikers out, MP chucks in an 18 year old. Surely WH have someone in the youth teams that could have had a go? They have a pretty good history of bringing through players. Big Sam on the other hand, I can't think of many kids he's really ever brought through? There's probably some I'm sure, but doesn't exactly have a huge long list you can reel off.

Not saying one is right or wrong, he's done well tonight getting a point at Chelsea, so fair play even if it is awful to watch.