More UKIP bother

KelvinsRightGlove

The reason people vote UKIP is because they have genuine concerns about uncontrolled immigration and the influence of the eu on our ability to govern our own country.

That's fair enough, but what are their concerns about immigration, that people are being denied jobs that are being taken by all the foreigners? when our unemployment is decreasing at the fastest rate in Europe? People may have such concerns but I have yet to find anyone who can justifiably say they have been negatively affected by immigration from Europe.

not because they are all racists. Patronising people and saying they do not know what they are voting for isn't going to work and neither is slagging off UKIP and the people who vote for them.

Not sure anyone's done that in this discussion.

Edited by TwoPints

The problem is that UKIP attracts the 'regular' man on the street type of person who wants controlled immigration but also racists, not of their own design but they have a massive image problem which they havn't really tried hard enough to address. Plus they're seen as a single policy party, anybody who's not a UKIP follower care to name any of their other policies?

Whilst Farage is very engaging and knows how to use the media to his advantage he is the party, if Farage had died in that plane crash i think UKIP would have died along with him, they need to try and get away from him being the sole 'face' of the party.

Does anyone else see the irony in people voting for UKIP to give a bloody nose to the privately educated "noses in the trough" set of politicians we currently have when UKIP's leader was privately educated, has only ever been a "commodities trader" and £12,000 of his MEP's constituency expenses disappears each month who knows where?

Even more worrying are the "working class" Labour voters who switch to UKIP. Do they realise that under UKIP's plan for a flat rate of income tax they will be paying 31% income tax - the same as multi millionaire commodity traders ?? Are they gullible or what??

Never mind that under UKIP you will have to pay to see your GP or education budgets are cut. At least gun laws will be abolished so nutters can go into schools and cause havoc as happened in Dunblane and happens fairly frequently in America. There will also be another 3 aircraft carriers swanning around the world doing god knows what.

Nige may appear to be a "good bloke" but his policies in my opinion stink.

Flat tax isn't current UKIP policy.What do you mean only ever been a trader? He's had a career outside of politics and run his own business that's what counts, not what he was born into and where his parents sent him to school, no one has control over that. The point is a large chunk of the political establishment have never done a real job outside of politics in their life. But UKIP have MEPs/Councillors and people who campaign up and down the country other than Farage. Also there's no such thing as expenses in the EU parliament, all MEP's get given the same allowance.

They're not gullible, just a lot are starting to realise that LibLabCon have shat on us and lied consistently. Pushing through the Lisbon Treaty undemocratically and opening up our borders to the biggest migration wave the country had seen in centuries without ever consulting the public.

UKIP stands for local and national government which resonates with normal people. Not wanting to be run by a huge centralised superstate and an unelected commission made up of people like Kathy Ashton. Who got her position as a reward for pushing the Lisbon Treaty through the Lords. And she only got into the Lords through being a wife of a great adviser/friend of Blair. It's not hard to see why normal people don't want this? It's an undemocratic system made up of an elite who are driven to look after themselves and their fanatical EU project.

It's not hard to see UKIP are winning support of people over other common sense policies, take rejecting HS2 for example.

Williams needs to retire. Made the quite disgraceful point that there were jobs that only immigrants would do because they're too low paid for British people. She also said that unemployment was low. Had a Tory said that, the lefties would be calling him out of touch .

Lucas was actually quite good and made her points well, although I disagree with them. The other 2 were typical of the modern breed of political blaggers.

As for the " star of the show". Was that the chump who started with "Nigel please don't interrupt" , and then kept interrupting Nigel. He just ranted personal abuse at Nigel, no reasoned debate or ideas. Aa Lucas showed you can have a debate against ukip without resorting to abuse and personal attacks.

All this " let's not blame, The Other" , which was obviously labours sound bite for the night, was nonsense. Surely its a reasonable conclusion to reach that immigration makes housing shortages worse, that for every Romanian working in Prezzo or a hotel, there is one less job for an English youngster.

One last thing, afterwards turned on sky news where an expert was discussing the takeover. The point he made was that the UK government couldn't block it alone and that "ultimately the EU will decide" if there was any attempt to block it. The exact point that Nigel made that the Tory and labourite tried to drown out.

Overall I thought Lucas impressed me the most, Nigel was Nigel, Williams is batty .

Watched qt for the first time in ages has its turned into a old f arts programme. Thought the two women were very good unlike the men on the program. I thought the guy in the audience rattled garage with his spot on comments and thought farage looked very poor and rattled at the end. wished the men could debate like the women rather than shout mean less slogans.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Watched qt for the first time in ages has its turned into a old f arts programme. Thought the two women were very good unlike the men on the program. I thought the guy in the audience rattled garage with his spot on comments and thought farage looked very poor and rattled at the end. wished the men could debate like the women rather than shout mean less slogans.

Question Time is a load of shít.

Pre-recorded show with pre-approved questions and answers.

Waste of time.

Waste of time.

If that were the case, then there's even less excuse for those who come across poorly to do so. I'm not sure that is the case - but even if it is, it's not the original answers that give the best insight, but how the panel then interact with each other after their initial answers and last night was a perfect example of that IMO.

The show is recorded at about 8pm Thursday evening and is recorded 'as live'. There's very little editing involved. The panel do not know the questions in advance but you'd have to be really out of touch not to be aware of the topical subjects that are likely to arise.

Basically, it's a conspiracy.

It's a mouthpiece that enables people to feel that politicians are being held accountable. Put that stuff out live, and all my objections disappear.

As it is, it's a joke.

Waste of time.

Agree it only preaches to the converted and you would think no one under 60 existed. Will be along time before I watch that cra p again.shows the state of politics when especially the men appeal to the dead brain brigade.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

As I said it goes out pretty much as recorded. The recording doesn't stop to allow any of the panel to think about their answers or to correct anything they've said etc. I suspect they record it for two reasons being to ensure that there are no loonies in the studio intent on disrupting the show and also to allow the audience to get home at an acceptable time. If it went out live the chap from the Isle of Wight I was talking to would never have got home.

Agree it only preaches to the converted and you would think no one under 60 existed. Will be along time before I watch that cra p again.shows the state of politics when especially the men appeal to the dead brain brigade.

I think it's correct about preaching to the converted. People already have their view on what they believe /agree with and what they don't and I don't think anything said on QT will change their minds.

There were a few over 60s there but by no means the majority.

As I said it goes out pretty much as recorded. The recording doesn't stop to allow any of the panel to think about their answers or to correct anything they've said etc. I suspect they record it for two reasons being to ensure that there are no loonies in the studio intent on disrupting the show and also to allow the audience to get home at an acceptable time. If it went out live the chap from the Isle of Wight I was talking to would never have got home.

Yeah, that's a view.

A naive one, from my perspective - and FWIW, could have got the same thing from the QT FAQ page.

I've never heard a question on that show I didn't expect.

FWIW I haven't read it and didn't even know there was one until you mentioned it.

They reckon they only block stuff where "taste and decency" have been breached.

Who gets to decide what's tasteful or decent, eh?

They reckon they only block stuff where "taste and decency" have been breached.

Who gets to decide what's tasteful or decent, eh?

I suspect that's true. I would imagine that if someone shouts expletives or offensive comments then that would be edited out. You can imagine the types that would turn up if it went out live. It would be carnage :-)

Farage is now claiming that the Eurovsion Song Contest is proof positive that the UK can not get a fair deal in Europe! And still they will vote for him, i despair, I am no fan of DC but yestaerday he was spot on when he said UKIP has no answers only questions.

Farage is now claiming that the Eurovsion Song Contest is proof positive that the UK can not get a fair deal in Europe! And still they will vote for him, i despair, I am no fan of DC but yestaerday he was spot on when he said UKIP has no answers only questions.

Oh God hep us :mcinnes:

i heard the latest rumours hes claiming he is the messiah and going to take us to the promised land lol

That's fair enough, but what are their concerns about immigration, that people are being denied jobs that are being taken by all the foreigners? when our unemployment is decreasing at the fastest rate in Europe? People may have such concerns but I have yet to find anyone who can justifiably say they have been negatively affected by immigration from Europe.

Not sure anyone's done that in this discussion.

Asked anyone who lives in Shirley about the positive effects of mass immigration.

Our public services are creaking at the seams. I don't want no immigration, just controlled immigration. What is happening to Britain at the moment isn't right.

What's wrong with wanting to vote for a government that is actually able to govern the country without its hands tied behind its back?

Asked anyone who lives in Shirley about the positive effects of mass immigration.

Our public services are creaking at the seams. I don't want no immigration, just controlled immigration. What is happening to Britain at the moment isn't right.

What's wrong with wanting to vote for a government that is actually able to govern the country without its hands tied behind its back?

Hi. I live in Shirley. I work in the public services. Ask me.

The most unpleasant people who live near me are pretty much all English. The people who are the biggest drain on the public services I work in, are English. Some of the best employees I have are not English.

The problems we have are not down to immigration alone. It DOES contribute in SOME areas, but to cite uncontrolled immigration as the main reason for many of our ills is wrong, and I base that on my personal and professional experience, not just headlines in papers or what certain politicians say.

Edited by Minty

Hi. I live in Shirley. I work in the public services. Ask me.

The most unpleasant people who live near me are pretty much all English. The people who are the biggest drain on the public services I work in, are English. Some of the best employees I have are not English.

The problems we have are not down to immigration. It HAS contributed in SOME areas, but immigration is being cited as a core reason for many of our ills, when we actually look more inwardly to resolve many of our issues in my opinion, AND in my personal and professional experience.

I don't think for one minute that the indigenous workshy population aren't a drain. I think that a lot of immigrants have a work ethic that a lot of our unemployed don't. I do think that it is uncontrollable at the moment though. I do think that a lot of hard-working people in this country have lost there jobs and been replaced by cheaper foreign labour. I do think that our elected government (and believe me, I didn't vote them in, and wouldn't in a million years) is largely unable to govern because of the shackles from Strasbourg. That is plain wrong and undemocratic in my opinion.

I don't live in Shirley, to be honest, I avoid the place like the plague. But I do know a lot of people that live there and they're all telling me the same thing about the area, and it's not good.

I don't think for one minute that the indigenous workshy population aren't a drain. I think that a lot of immigrants have a work ethic that a lot of our unemployed don't. I do think that it is uncontrollable at the moment though. I do think that a lot of hard-working people in this country have lost there jobs and been replaced by cheaper foreign labour. I do think that our elected government (and believe me, I didn't vote them in, and wouldn't in a million years) is largely unable to govern because of the shackles from Strasbourg. That is plain wrong and undemocratic in my opinion.

I don't live in Shirley, to be honest, I avoid the place like the plague. But I do know a lot of people that live there and they're all telling me the same thing about the area, and it's not good.

Just to reiterate my point. There is a lot of hearsay, immigration is being blamed for all the wrongs of the country and whilst the people you know from Shirley are saying things that are 'not good', have any of them lost a job, been unable to buy a house etc etc etc as a direct result of the immigrants living in the area or are they just concerned by the number of people now living there that happen to speak a different language?

I don't have any issue with people voting for whoever they want, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of whether there really is such a massive problem as we're being lead to believe by certain elements of the media. I personally have seen no detrimental effect of immigration but that may be because of the particular area I live and/or the nature of my employment.

Just to reiterate my point. There is a lot of hearsay, immigration is being blamed for all the wrongs of the country and whilst the people you know from Shirley are saying things that are 'not good', have any of them lost a job, been unable to buy a house etc etc etc as a direct result of the immigrants living in the area or are they just concerned by the number of people now living there that happen to speak a different language?

I don't have any issue with people voting for whoever they want, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of whether there really is such a massive problem as we're being lead to believe by certain elements of the media. I personally have seen no detrimental effect of immigration but that may be because of the particular area I live and/or the nature of my employment.

i think people have always used scapegoats and blame someone else ,i know a few from shirley who hold this view and to be honest most of them are thick as s hit ,the only point i agree with wade is the the drain on public services .

Immigration can be blamed to some extent for downward pressure on wages (cost of living crisis), unemployment, pressure on resources, lack of housing.

Many issues which effect people everyday.

Yeah, that's a view.

A naive one, from my perspective - and FWIW, could have got the same thing from the QT FAQ page.

I've never heard a question on that show I didn't expect.

Blimey. You really do think Question Time is a conspiracy.

What a funny little world you live in, Icke-y.

If that were the case, then there's even less excuse for those who come across poorly to do so. I'm not sure that is the case - but even if it is, it's not the original answers that give the best insight, but how the panel then interact with each other after their initial answers and last night was a perfect example of that IMO.

It's not the case Minty. As usual our resident Icke-lite conspiracist grounds his assertions in his own ignorance. The questions are indeed preselected, but they are sought without editorial input from audience members. No one on the panel has any sight of the questions before recording. The answers are not subject to editing unless there is a technical problem. Generally speaking, the programme is recorded 'as live' - that is, it's recorded to broadcast length.

It is not broadcast live partly because of fears that it will become a target for extremist interventions of the kind that our conspiracist no doubt approves. But it's not recorded far enough in advance of broadcast for the kind of manipulations he's predisposed to think happen.

Inventing conspiracy theories about Question Time, of all things, is pathetic, and taking paranoia to a clinical level.

Surely the main argument against voting UKIP is that they appear to be a party built almost wholly around 1 policy. Are people really willing to ignore every other aspect' date=' such as the NHS and education?[/quote']

I think Tamesaint listed some of their other policies earlier and for any rational human being, they don't make for pleasant reading. However, as UKIP don't yet have a manifesto for the next election (as no party yet does) as Nigel was at pains to point out on QT all he says now when challenged is that 'its not current UKIP policy' but won't then explain what they're policy on such matters is. I think it's safe to say they're not about to do a complete uturn on all they're unpalatable policies though.

And another thing :-)

I think it unlikely that UKIP will disclose their other policies this side of the European elections which means their only policy going into the election is coming out of the EU, which can't be achieved by MEPs so I'm really not sure what people are voting for here.

I think it unlikely that UKIP will disclose their other policies this side of the European elections which means their only policy going into the election is coming out of the EU, which can't be achieved by MEPs so I'm really not sure what people are voting for here.

They are voting simply as a protest. Nothing more.

Don't forget though, it's a "People's Army" marching to victory, or something.

They are voting simply as a protest. Nothing more.

Don't forget though, it's a "People's Army" marching to victory, or something.

I will certainly be voting for them as a protest, in the hope that the main parties will get an idea of public opinion and change their policies accordingly.

In a general election, it is extremely unlikely I would vote UKIP, although to be fair, it is also extremely unlikely that I would vote for anyone at the moment.

I will certainly be voting for them as a protest, in the hope that the main parties will get an idea of public opinion and change their policies accordingly.

In a general election, it is extremely unlikely I would vote UKIP, although to be fair, it is also extremely unlikely that I would vote for anyone at the moment.

TBF I think an awful lot of people have exactly the same stance.

For me, and many like me, who are left wing, Pro-Europe but most certainly not Pro-EU, we have no choices at all.

TBF I think an awful lot of people have exactly the same stance.

For me, and many like me, who are left wing, Pro-Europe but most certainly not Pro-EU, we have no choices at all.

Pretty sure you can vote NO2EU where you live, mush.

I will vote UKIP as a protest. Policy wise the Greens are probably closest to my views but where I live it is pointless voting for them, same for the general election.

The main parties are obviously running scared of UKIP so a vote for them might actually have some effect on their bonkers open door immigration policies.

I will vote UKIP as a protest. Policy wise the Greens are probably closest to my views but where I live it is pointless voting for them, same for the general election.

The main parties are obviously running scared of UKIP so a vote for them might actually have some effect on their bonkers open door immigration policies.

It's a PR election so your vote does count.

Where has all this " anti immigration" nonsense come from. Ukip are not anti immigration, their immigration policy for the whole world is exactly the same as the liblabcon's is for Africans and Chinese. Are the liblabcon anti African?

Anti EU people used to argue about section y, sub section x of treaty z, and nobody quite understood the problem and we ended up with this straight banana nonsense. What Nigel has done very well is to point out the consequence of membership on peoples lives. The established parties tried to make out that immigration is a seperate issue than the EU. Nobody believes that now and hopefully Nigel will move on to other areas after this election, starting with the democratic implications of our membership. I want laws made in UK, 100% of them, end of.

One final point about question time. Had Nigel denied the holocaust on Thursday's show, he could have been arrested and sent to Germany to stand trial, this is despite the fact he may have not set foot in Germany in his life. Now, holocaust denial is appallingly disgusting behaviour, but the fact is, it is not an offense in UK law. How on earth people are happy to belong to an organisation that allows British subjects to be arrested for something that is legal in the UK is beyond me. One thing for sure is that if Americans wanted this " right" lefties everywhere would be getting their sandals in a right twist. It seems that belonging to a special club means more to the establishment than rights and freedoms.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Where has all this " anti immigration" nonsense come from. Ukip are not anti immigration, their immigration policy for the whole world is exactly the same as the liblabcon's is for Africans and Chinese. Are the liblabcon anti African?

Anti EU people used to argue about section y, sub section x of treaty z, and nobody quite understood the problem and we ended up with this straight banana nonsense. What Nigel has done very well is to point out the consequence of membership on peoples lives. The established parties tried to make out that immigration is a seperate issue than the EU. Nobody believes that now and hopefully Nigel will move on to other areas after this election, starting with the democratic implications of our membership. I want laws made in UK, 100% of them, end of.

One final point about question time. Had Nigel denied the holocaust on Thursday's show, he could have been arrested and sent to Germany to stand trial, this is despite the fact he may have not set foot in Germany in his life. Now, holocaust denial is appallingly disgusting behaviour, but the fact is, it is not an offense in UK law. How on earth people are happy to belong to an organisation that allows British subjects to be arrested for something that is legal in the UK is beyond me. One thing for sure is that if Americans wanted this " right" lefties everywhere would be getting their sandals in a right twist. It seems that belonging to a special club means more to the establishment than rights and freedoms.

Don't worry, the People's Army will sort it out after they storm to power in May 2015, or something.