More UKIP bother

KelvinsRightGlove

It's funny isn't it, for a party that is not racist, and does not play up to racists, there sure seems to be a lot of racists (add to that sexists and homophobes) in the party also.

http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2014/05/03/uk-political-donor-demetri-marchessini-women-in-trousers-are-destroying-western-civilization/

In an interview last week with Britain’s Channel 4, Marchessini expounded at length on some of his more colorful views. He told interviewer Michael Crick that marital rape was impossible, because “you can’t have rape if you make love on Friday and make love on Sunday, you can’t say Saturday is rape. Once the woman accepts, she accepts.”

He argued that there is no such thing as homosexual love, only lust, because “they go out at nights and they pick up 5, 10, 15 different partners in one night.” Even gays in committed relationships are basically just roommates who still cruise for anonymous sex partners.

And he suggested that black slaves were better off as slaves in America than they would have been living in Africa, because if they survived the passage they lived longer.

Interview here: http://www.channel4.com/news/ukip-donor-donations-demetri-marchessini-views-politics

There are racists in every political party.

Are his comments official UKIP policy ?

Really, this mobbing of UKIP by the media is a disgrace to the very notion of democracy.

John Denham has already asked for the racist comparisons to stop. Says it'll backfire, which I agree with.

Or, maybe people should know the opinions behind a relatively new party?

Yes, all parties have racists, but should we ignore for that reason?

This is a concerted and cynical attempt to smear UKIP, largely because they're doing well. All the usual tricks are in play; dragging up stories from the past, associating Farage with some of his fruitier members.

The problem is that people tend to do the exact opposite of what you're telling them to.

Almost every media outlet is telling their consumers "don't vote for UKIP", in some way or another.

This is a concerted and cynical attempt to smear UKIP, largely because they're doing well. All the usual tricks are in play; dragging up stories from the past, associating Farage with some of his fruitier members.

The problem is that people tend to do the exact opposite of what you're telling them to.

Almost every media outlet is telling their consumers "don't vote for UKIP", in some way or another.

Yep agree with this. People dont like being told what to do, are fed up with the main parties, and will soon see through the mobbing.

UKIP are the BNP in blazers.

Shame some of the more gullible and easily led on here buy into the UKIP mock-paranoia about the media 'fitting them up.' It's merely apeing the UKIP standard response. Farage is caight fiddling his expenses? Blame the media. Poster boys and girls meant to be typical voters and turn out to be party members? Blame the media. One racist after another falls out of the purple closet? Blame the media. Homophobic cretins come out of the UKIP woodwork? Blame the media.

The problem with all of this is that while the 'media' is supposedly at fault for these 'smears' the allegations themselves are all nonetheless not actually denied.

That anyone should buy the UKIP line, which is merely a cynical attempt to deflect criticsm without actually addressing it, and then peddle it as though it were true, is just simpering submissiveness.

Shame some of the more gullible and easily led on here buy into the UKIP mock-paranoia about the media 'fitting them up.' It's merely apeing the UKIP standard response. Farage is caight fiddling his expenses? Blame the media. Poster boys and girls meant to be typical voters and turn out to be party members? Blame the media. One racist after another falls out of the purple closet? Blame the media. Homophobic cretins come out of the UKIP woodwork? Blame the media.

The problem with all of this is that while the 'media' is supposedly at fault for these 'smears' the allegations themselves are all nonetheless not actually denied.

That anyone should buy the UKIP line, which is merely a cynical attempt to deflect criticsm without actually addressing it, and then peddle it as though it were true, is just simpering submissiveness.

Tedious, cliche - riddled garbage.

I see the forum's resident apologist for the establishment has decided to give us a piece of his wisdom, or more accurately a little bit of everyone else's. This is like a Frankenstein'ed version of the various little hit pieces that are out there, except nowhere near as well expressed.

I thought Farage's defence of his expenses situation was considerably more honest than any of the other pigs caught in the trough. I very much enjoyed the Guardianista's banging on about an anti-EU politician not using his discretionary budget for EU purposes. I bet all those who put him in his seat are spitting feathers :)

"You mean Nigel is not spending his money on advancing EU interests!"

Fancy that.

It's fairly interesting that this man is UKIP's sixth larger donor... and also a Greek immigrant. I don't notice any of them complaining about immigration when they're paying for their billboards?

Anyway, as noted above, every party has racists, misogynists and homophobes, even if UKIP has more than most. The biggest problem with UKIP is that should they get into power, they have some crazy policies beyond leaving the EU - so of course, they just focus on the EU and the immigration. I won't be voting for a party that wants to bring in a flat income tax rate for everybody, because I don't see why the bankers should be getting tax cuts whilst the hard working bloke on the street has his hiked up; nor can I support a party that thinks man-made climate change is a myth and that we need to be burning more gas.

I won't be voting for a party that wants to bring in a flat income tax rate for everybody, because I don't see why the bankers should be getting tax cuts whilst the hard working bloke on the street has his hiked up; nor can I support a party that thinks man-made climate change is a myth and that we need to be burning more gas.

Surely that's just more media smear ? ;)

( Plus, you can't blame a former City man for wanting to give his banker chums a handout ).

It's fairly interesting that this man is UKIP's sixth larger donor... and also a Greek immigrant. I don't notice any of them complaining about immigration when they're paying for their billboards?

Anyway, as noted above, every party has racists, misogynists and homophobes, even if UKIP has more than most. The biggest problem with UKIP is that should they get into power, they have some crazy policies beyond leaving the EU - so of course, they just focus on the EU and the immigration. I won't be voting for a party that wants to bring in a flat income tax rate for everybody, because I don't see why the bankers should be getting tax cuts whilst the hard working bloke on the street has his hiked up; nor can I support a party that thinks man-made climate change is a myth and that we need to be burning more gas.

That's like my convo with my old mum the other day...she was going on about EU migration and then it dawned on me..."mum, you have a rescue dog from Cyprus named Frenchie who's living in Southampton....what a fine example of EU cooperation lol".

Surely that's just more media smear ? ;)

( Plus, you can't blame a former City man for wanting to give his banker chums a handout ).

Hands up anyone that thinks UKIP will be a party of government.

Now let's see those who think it might be an effective protest party.

As long as it splits the Tory vote.

It'll take Labour's vote too. You're forgetting about people like Gillian Duffy, who make a lie out of the Labour fantasy that their voters won't vote UKIP.

I live in one of the safest Labour areas in the country, yet plenty of people here are concerned about EU migration. Historical support is no guarantee of current alignment, and the Millbank crowd would do well to remember why working class people vote for Labour in the first place; because they're the party that is seen to look after the common man.

UKIP have moved into that space, and yes - it may be cheap populism, it may even be demagoguery but none of their messages would take root if the fundamental issue of an in/out EU referendum were promised by a major party. The major political parties have left many Eurosceptics with no choice. UKIP will eat Labour votes too.

So what, he's just a donor UKIP took money from, not a candidate or anything? Not all parties are bank rolled by the trade unions.

I knew the media would go after UKIP but i never thought it would be on this scale, it's become hysterical. The scrutiny wouldn't matter if it was an equal playing field, but it clearly isn't. Just last month a Lib Dem was charged for racially aggravated assault, there's a Labour councilor who was an ex Nazi etc, none of it gets reported. Another example was on my Facebook a couple of people had shared an article outraged about what some obscure UKIP council candidate had said, i looked at the article, and saw it was from 2 years ago for f*cks sake.

Truth is large proportions of Labour voters are starting to realise Labour shat on them from a great height and I really hope come election day the chickens will come home to roost and UKIP come first. UKIP have been eating into the Labour vote for some time now whilst also winning over people who previously weren't voting, you only have to look at the last few by elections up north where UKIP made big gains and has consistently come second.

The OP yet another of example of someone not understanding why UKIP appeals to so many.

Why should anyone really care what this random blokes mad opinions are? They're not ever going to be implemented in government are they?

As far as I'm aware it's not immigration they have a problem with. It's uncontrolled immigration solely from every country in the EU which is the issue.

As far as I'm aware it's not immigration they have a problem with. It's uncontrolled immigration solely from every country in the EU which is the issue.

It's utterly amazing how people fail to grasp this

Before people post nonsense they should check a few facts.

UKIP aren't anti immigration, they are anti no controls on the immigration of EU citizens and anti a foreign body setting our immigration policies regarding certain countries. It is for the UK parliament to run UK immigration policy from all countries. Ukip immigration policy is exactly the same as non EU immigration policy from other liblabcon. Therefore, if ukips immigration policy is racist it stands to reason that the liblabcon is too.

Should parties be judged on the nutty words of a handful of idiots. Are labour all criminals because of Dennis macshane, are all lib dumbs peados because of smith. In office they've lost laws for fiddling, huhmne for perverting justice and rennard for being a sid James tribute act. Bearing in mind there's only a few of them in government its a pretty unsavoury bunch of shysters. Just look at Huhnes behaviour today. Claims that his conviction was the result of lies and cover up similar to " mid staffs". Yes, the death of hundreds of people can be compared to your speeding points. And, he lied ,but only because he knew that Briscoe was lying as well. This is the man who was within a whisker of beating old cleggy for the leadership. Thorpe,smith,oaten,rennard, huhne, imigane the field day the establishment would have if they were kippers. #doublestandards.

Flat tax was in the last ukip manifesto , but is unlikely to be in the next one, that's the way it happens. Parties tax policies change. Flat tax is not a " tax cut for bankers" but an extension of the laffer curve to its extreme. Cutting the top rate of tax does not mean less revenue into the pot, this was proved by Nigel Lawson 30 years ago. There is a legitimate political debate to be had about tax. A % is a %, personally I think a flat tax rate for all can hardly be called " unfair" , surely its the fairest system there is. Everybody pays the same % of whatever they earn. I find it a bit strange that ukip are getting criticised for things in their 2010 manifesto that they can't implement. I would look at libcon promises that they could and didn't. Recall,tuition fees, boundary changes, lords reform.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

So what, he's just a donor UKIP took money from, not a candidate or anything? Not all parties are bank rolled by the trade unions.

I knew the media would go after UKIP but i never thought it would be on this scale, it's become hysterical. The scrutiny wouldn't matter if it was an equal playing field, but it clearly isn't. Just last month a Lib Dem was charged for racially aggravated assault, there's a Labour councilor who was an ex Nazi etc, none of it gets reported. Another example was on my Facebook a couple of people had shared an article outraged about what some obscure UKIP council candidate had said, i looked at the article, and saw it was from 2 years ago for f*cks sake.

Truth is large proportions of Labour voters are starting to realise Labour shat on them from a great height and I really hope come election day the chickens will come home to roost and UKIP come first. UKIP have been eating into the Labour vote for some time now whilst also winning over people who previously weren't voting, you only have to look at the last few by elections up north where UKIP made big gains and has consistently come second.

It's weird isn't it? I don't think I have ever read any negative news stories about any Labour, Conservative or Lib Dem politician in any media outlet in my thirty year living memory.

Just UKIP politicians singled out. Clearly some kind of conspiracy.

Flat tax is currently not UKIP policy. I'd admit that in the past UKIP has been guilty of saying they'll do this, do that, when reality is if they actually had power it would not all add up. That's changing now though, and UKIP's economic spokesmen Steven Woolfe is very switched on from what I've seen.

With regards to tax he's stated the party has two areas it wants to focus on in particular:

a) Raise the 40p tax threshold. Too many people are now classed as high earners who really aren't, especially if they've got kids, have seen increases in other bills, cost of getting to work etc. 41,000-150,000 is such a big range.

b) Take the minimum wage out of tax. UKIP have pushed for this long before the Lib Dems adopted it.

On immigration. It's clear UKIP have the least racist policy, a lot of people really struggle to understand this. The party wants a policy that treats everyone, wherever you are from around the globe, whatever race, as equal. If you're an Indian brain surgeon you currently stand a far lesser chance of being allowed into Britain then a unemployed Bulgarian with no qualifications. Wether you're from New Zealand, Asia, India, Bulgaria, UKIP proposes a points based system which is done on what the county needs and what the given person can bring. How on earth can anyone disagree with that? I've just got back from New Zealand, and it makes no sense to me, and f*cks me off, that we'd discriminate against them and other countries arguably Britain has a much bigger 'bond' with.

It's weird isn't it? I don't think I have ever read any negative news stories about any Labour, Conservative or Lib Dem politician in any media outlet in my thirty year living memory.

Donors never come under question either.

It certainly is, and you could well call it a conspiracy. Here is an article if you're interested profiling all the Times journalists who have been smearing UKIP.

http://www.ukip.org/who_are_the_times_journalists_trying_so_desperately_to_undermine_ukip#

It certainly is, and you could well call it a conspiracy. Here is an article if you're interested profiling all the Times journalists who have been smearing UKIP.

http://www.ukip.org/who_are_the_times_journalists_trying_so_desperately_to_undermine_ukip#

Good for a laugh, that.

My favourite bit is the description of all those journalists with "privately educated" used as a perjoritive term and in the first sentence.

I mean fancy being privately educated. How jolly terrible. Thank god common as muck Nige is such man of the people. I mean, he drinks beer and everything.

And, of course, The Times is owned by Rupert Murdoch who is basically Roy Jenkins reincarnated, such is his passion for all things Brussels.

Edited by CB Fry

You do realise that that little 'blame the media' episode has been discredited, if not laughed out of town.

What is it, exactly, that leads people to demean themselves to such an extent that they retail some party apparatchik's mock-paranoia as if it were gospel?

You do realise that that little 'blame the media' episode has been discredited, if not laughed out of town.

What is it, exactly, that leads people to demean themselves to such an extent that they retail some party apparatchik's mock-paranoia as if it were gospel?

And yet oddly enough, these self-same people will probably not take you at face value just because you say something happened.

What is it, exactly, that leads you to believe that you can post stuff without qualification and have folk believe it?

Links would be good.

But the media have been running a fair few negative articles on UKIP. It might not be a fully tied together concerted effort, but I think there has been attemps to discredit them as a party, with little effort to understand and report on why they might be having some success. No-one can view that as good journalism.

For what it's worth, UKIP should be secretly pleased - it's a sign that they've arrived as a reasonably significant player and are getting the associated level of attention.

Tell me why then, when a Labour councilor is an ex Nazi, for example, it barely even scratches the surface, but when a UKIP council candidate makes a bigoted comment it is front page news and is made to seem representative of the whole party?

If you don't think something is wrong there, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Always hot on evidence, is Pap. A stickler for facts and no mistake.

Alright sweetheart.

I'd consider taking this bromance further, but I've heard that if it's printed in a newspaper, you're anybody's.

Good for a laugh, that.

My favourite bit is the description of all those journalists with "privately educated" used as a perjoritive term and in the first sentence.

I mean fancy being privately educated. How jolly terrible. Thank god common as muck Nige is such man of the people. I mean, he drinks beer and everything.

And, of course, The Times is owned by Rupert Murdoch who is basically Roy Jenkins reincarnated, such is his passion for all things Brussels.

I actually agree with you there. The other points are enough without having to try and add in that cheap shot. Can't help what you were born into, nothing to be ashamed off or ridiculed.

If any of the major parties had grabbed the EU question by the balls, UKIP would be a busted flush. They haven't.

Precisely. They weaseled their way out of a referendum when the EU Constitution became the Lisbon Treaty, policy by stealth that the LDs were only too keen to highlight at the time.

The Tories were Eurosceptic when electioneering, but despite the efforts of their backbenchers, bottled it on giving the public a choice.

Labour have their head in the sand on this.

It'd be a very interesting election if one of them broke ranks on a referendum, but don't count on it. None of them will give you a say. It's why UKIP exists.

I can't see the image on Tapatalk, Icke-y. Sorry.

Even better. You don't know how you're being dissed.

Learn some tech, ya muggle - like perhaps plunging your fat finger on the image that says GIF. FFS, my dog could even manage that by mistake.

+1 for extra dissing opportunity.

I and many of my friends are probably going to vote UKIP in the Euro elections just to show our utter disgust at the "snout in the trough" political class and the Westminster circle of clowns who have never done a proper job in their life- posh school, Oxbridge, political researcher or PR whore then MP.

(I personally agree with Cameron over Europe -it needs reforming, but we must try from within first of all. Just walking away is foolish. I also understand that The European Court of Human Rights was a post war reaction supported by Churchill to try to make sure that a lunatic and his evil followers could never again sieze power at the ballot box, and go on to murder six million just for their religion. Yes wishy-washy liberals have subverted it, but the U K never had a Bill of Rights and it provides us all with some safeguards against governmental abuse of power.)

So my forthcoming UKIP vote will be a protest vote.

Gone are the days of working class trade-unionists coming through further adult education to MP. Replaced by all women lists of posh girlies or boys with connections.

You even begin to wonder if old died in the wool Tories like "Rear Admiral Morgan-Giles of Winchester who supported sending British troops to Vietnam weren't better than the current lot of onanists-at least they weren't in it solely for the money, and a few had even done a real job before. At least you knew what you were getting.

When the Labour MP for one of the poorest constituencies resides in considerable luxury in a walled mini-estate in Oxfordshire one wonders where the money came from.-To say nothing of B Liar's post parliamentary activities. Shows what his real motivation was all the time.

(Respect for John Major living a quiet retirement watching cricket.-Never heard a bad word about him (except for his affair) and I live quite locally and used to know one of his close associates.)

Unfortunately after the Euro elections it gets more difficult. Can UKIP really get its policies right and put feasible candidates up for the Parliamentary elections-probably not.

So it'll probably have to hold my nose and vote Tory for only the second time in my life.

How anyone could vote Labour after they dumped us in this mess in the first place and are led by an overgrown clown of a schoolboy defeats me.

The Liberals are just a joke- and their probity is in doubt over tuition fees. Being careful here-not what I would like to say. The way they run Cambridge City is almost beyond belief at times.

So I and many others will vote UKIP on the 22nd and hope that it puts the brown smelly stuff so far up the resident politicians that they sit up and take notice.

So I and many others will vote UKIP on the 22nd and hope that it puts the brown smelly stuff so far up the resident politicians that they sit up and take notice.

Alas it won't as the political classes, and I agree totally with your sentiment regarding them, know UKIP are a one trick pony and come the General Election, folk revert to type.

I and many of my friends are probably going to vote UKIP in the Euro elections just to show our utter disgust at the "snout in the trough" political class and the Westminster circle of clowns who have never done a proper job in their life- posh school, Oxbridge, political researcher or PR whore then MP.

Farage left private school for a "proper job" as a commodities trader rather than go to Oxbridge. Now he has his "snout in the trough" as an MEP. Such a massive difference.

Anyone remember the last time people were hacked off with the Government (Thatcher) and thought the opposition were a waste of space (Michael Foot's Labour)? The SDP came from nowhere and got some shock European and by-election results. They faded just as fast as UKIP will once people ask difficult questions about what they will actually do and how will they make the books balance.